ADVERTISEMENT

Duke down to NC State 29-32

wonder if duke fans will start wondering if coach k will start playing the equivalent of hawkins or willis?

Wolfpack clearly playing way above their head, nobody could deny that with the way they are raining down 3's and with everything else going on in this game. The best teams take the other teams' best punch and play better (raising THEIR game) and find a way to win.

So far, Duke isn't raising their game to match the Pack'. It's that simple. Raise the level of play or lose, Blue Devils.

Conference road games are tough! We faced a lot of adversity and still came out with the win! Now, back to dUKe losing....

Couple of points.

1. Credit NC ST for not settling for 3 lately. Yeah, they are 9/13 but the law of averages is that won't keep up percentage wise...so great offensive balance (UK should watch) by the Wolfpack in this game.
2. Duke in the bonus already...shocking. Watch how the officiating is these last 7 minutes. Refs will march Duke to the line if NC ST is not careful.
3. Duke is going to have to shoot a lot of 3's to win this....guard the 3 point line.

Serves Duke right that NCS got a three point play after Okafor not being called for a foul right before that. It's beyond ridiculous.

Unc st will always have a soft spot in my heart. Lol. They even tried to warn us about Harrow.

blankimage.png

This post was edited on 1/11 3:22 PM by meteordealer

Yesterday, my 2nd favorite team was unc and they beatt duh ville. Today my 2nd favorite team also hails from North Carolina (ncst) and I'm hoping they repeat what unc did yesterday lol. Btw, anybody else lol when gotdweeb said Virginia was better than uk or puke lol? I hate gotdweeb more than any other analyst.

UK hasn't been down this big.

This post was edited on 1/11 3:20 PM by JerseyCat84

This post was edited on 1/11 3:21 PM by JerseyCat84

I wish I could like Okafor because he's so good, but it almost needs to be investigated how protected he is. It can't even be overstated.

I hope Dana O'Neil finds time to write a really indignant article, scolding Duke for their poor play. Oh, wait, that's just for teams that actually won their game. Idiot.

One thing never changes. Duke down 17 but in the double bonus
But Wolfpack not even in bonus.

NC State has some pretty good players don't know that you can expect much with a bum like Gotfried coaching it but nonetheless love to see Duke take this L.

I can see this now...almost throwing up in my mouth at the thought of hearing ESPN rave for 6 straight days about Duke's "amazing", "unprecedented" 19-point come back.

Granted, NC State is not doing themselves any favors, but they are setting themselves up to have the game more-easily influenced by the refs. Case in point, that last Okafor foul - no real contact, yet an and-1. How convenient.

I would be highly concerned if the game had more time, but I think NC State will pull out a win due to building up such a large lead in the late second half. If it were still the first half, I wouldn't be so sure.

Playing not to lose instead of playing to win. One thing Coach Cal does as well that makes you nervous. They should have kept attacking Duke for a couple minutes longer. If they break the press they should be able to get some easy baskets.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

NC State lost to Wofford at home, best win is probably Pittsburg. Pretty comparable to aTm record/schedule wise.

One thing for sure is you are not allowed to treat Duke in the post like teams are allowed to treat us

I don't know how many times I've seen it. Build a lead late then take the air out of the ball just to lose. Come on NC State. You're beating these turkeys. Play Ball!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT