ADVERTISEMENT

Dual QB

IB4UK

Junior
Feb 4, 2006
Curious if KSR reports are accurate from Ryan are reason for concern. Having 2 QB’s playing regular minutes usually means not having a solid option.

Last edited:
Again......This has been addressed in other threads. Every piece of information that has come out of the program has indicated that Vandagriff has been good and is THE guy. But Wimsatt is such a weapon as a runner (but not a thrower) that they are including him in a Wildcat package.

Stoops & UK football can't win. As usual.

Play 1 qb all the time every snap and he's failing to develop a backup and leaves us thin at the most important position

Give lots of snaps to the backup and he's ruining the season with a dual qb system

Reactions: BlueTick2
1. I don't know for sure if Vandagriff will be "the guy"....but he is QB1 and we'll see. He was blocked by a pretty damn good QB in Beck..who proved alot last year and almost all the UGA buzz is Brock was not a stiff but just not Beck. So I'm cool with that risk we are taking.

2. But here is what is not debatable.....Wimsatt is not very good collegiate QB....I'd even go so far as to say he's not even average. He played alot at Rutgers last 2 years and he was not very good at all. 47% completions percentage 1700 yards passing, 9 TDs and 8 ints. Now 500 yards rushing with 9 TDS....that is pretty good stuff. But in SEC.....you can't just run around....you have to have a semblance of passing attack.

If we have to revert to a Terry Wilson-esqu offensive approach and Brock can't move the offense with this arms and legs....UK is screwed, Stoops will be gone eventually, recruits have no desire to play in a running QB offense and guys like Cutter Boley/Stone Saunders don't fit that approach as well. Wimsatt has shown zero ability to throw the ball well and people dreaming him up are sort of silly to me. 5-6 plays a game (out of hopefully 50ish snaps a game)....I'm fine with. But we need Brock to be at least a poor mans Will Levis circa 2021 for this year to be a good year.

Again......This has been addressed in other threads. Every piece of information that has come out of the program has indicated that Vandagriff has been good and is THE guy. But Wimsatt is such a weapon as a runner (but not a thrower) that they are including him in a Wildcat package.
I hope you are correct but until we see Vandagriff on the field we won't have a definite answer. Bringing in Wimstatt,with Allen and Boley already here, is a departure from business as usual for Stoops. You always have good and reasonable takes on UK football so I ask do you think or have you heard if the staff believes Vandagriff is an upgrade from Leary?

Leary wasn't that good, but a torn pectoral is an extreme injury.
Brock, by most estimates, will be better than him by accident.
The threat to take off is something Leary could not provide. But one or two extra first downs with an escape will go a long way.
GBB!

Bear Bryant said it best, " If you have 2 quarterbacks you don't have any". Good luck trying a "running quarterback " in the modern SEC. I pray this isn't true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT