ADVERTISEMENT

Dook's Filipowski loves the hate

This is all an act. Other Duke guys truly embraced that and were actually tough competitors on the court. This guy is talented but looked like he wanted to cry when Tennessee guys were being physical. Hell Bilas wanted Vols players thrown out/called for Flagrant fouls for how they were playing against "Flip".

He is a good player and I would love to have him, but I hope they have team issues and stunk it up and lose in first round this year.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Hell Bilas wanted Vols players thrown out/called for Flagrant fouls for how they were playing against "Flip".
judge reinhold agree GIF

You do???

Sure. I got nothing against the kid, and I get tired of people afraid to stand up for themselves. Like my suspension. I did something, I don’t know what, to upset somebody with veto power. Am I gonna change the way i feel, or articulate because some one was butt hurt? No! Eff em and feed them fish heads.

Have no idea what all that was after first sentence. Who are you standing up for and who are you standing against, I’m lost? What does any of that have to do with a dickhead Dukie that you wish well? I wish him no injury but very bad play.

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
I honestly don’t buy the dook hype this year. Flip will produce, but their guards are extremely suspect. They don’t seem to have a bunch of obvious next level guys that can get wherever they want on the floor. They’ll be experienced, fundamentally sound and play good team basketball, but I could see a team like us torching them.

I think by season’s end the best teams will be Kansas, UConn, and UK. Would be very surprised if the NCAA champ isn’t one of those 3 schools.

I honestly don’t buy the dook hype this year. Flip will produce, but their guards are extremely suspect. They don’t seem to have a bunch of obvious next level guys that can get wherever they want on the floor. They’ll be experienced, fundamentally sound and play good team basketball, but I could see a team like us torching them.

I think by season’s end the best teams will be Kansas, UConn, and UK. Would be very surprised if the NCAA champ isn’t one of those 3 schools.
Tyrese Proctor is a returning sophomore and a projected lottery pick (pick #9 per NBADraftRoom). Jeremy Roach is a 5-Star Senior who started on a final four team. Jared McCain is a freshman who is projected pick #12 per NbaDraftRoom. That is pretty good for a 3-guard tandem. Not to mention, 5-star freshman Caleb Foster there as well. To be honest...Duke is absolutely loaded at guard. 4 guards: all 5-stars, and 2 have real experience.

The thing that could ultimately doom Duke is not having an elite true center. Flip can play some 5, but other than that, it's a bit questionable. We will see how the season plays out and which teams gel, but IMO Duke is a top 2 team coming into the season and would be 6-8 point favorites against UK on a neutral floor.

We're the only program that loses anyone who's remotely on the NBA radar.
This is silly. 196 college players filed as early entrants into the 2023 draft. Of those, 144 college players went undrafted in the 2023 NBA draft.

If "we're the only program that loses anyone who's remotely on the NBA radar" then where did all those other dudes come from?

• Love
Reactions: dlh331
Tyrese Proctor is a returning sophomore and a projected lottery pick (pick #9 per NBADraftRoom). Jeremy Roach is a 5-Star Senior who started on a final four team. Jared McCain is a freshman who is projected pick #12 per NbaDraftRoom. That is pretty good for a 3-guard tandem. Not to mention, 5-star freshman Caleb Foster there as well. To be honest...Duke is absolutely loaded at guard. 4 guards: all 5-stars, and 2 have real experience.

The thing that could ultimately doom Duke is not having an elite true center. Flip can play some 5, but other than that, it's a bit questionable. We will see how the season plays out and which teams gel, but IMO Duke is a top 2 team coming into the season and would be 6-8 point favorites against UK on a neutral floor.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I’ve watched a lot of both Roach and Proctor and neither one seem to have “it” to me. They are not even close to the caliber of guards Duke is used to having IMO. They aren’t even Scheyer/Nolan Smith level. You can quote me on this in 3 years: Procter will be a massive flop in the NBA. Roach did have a good tournament 2 years ago, but outside of that run he’s been pretty lackluster. McCain I know nothing about, so maybe he’s on the level of DJ/Dilly.

I’m just used to seeing Duke have elite guards like Hurley, Jay Williams, Duhon, Reddick, Tyus Jones, etc. and these guys just don’t fit the bill IMO. Win the ACC and get a high seed? Absolutely. Stumble when faced with some physical athletes who get up in their shorts? I think so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT