ADVERTISEMENT

Dookie Seth Davis drops UK in AP poll despite win

Usually I say some of y’all fans are bias over this and can explain why UK would drop (most of the time it’s legit). In this case there is zero excuses and there is no logic reason for UK to drop. I don’t even understand why he has them ranked this low BUT it’s his opinion.

Can’t be so thinned skinned though over polls that don’t matter. The AP and USAtoday coaches poll are the only polls you should pay attention too. If you look for every single thing to get offended by the. You will surely find it. It’s not a good way to live but some on here obviously like to be offended so they look for things to get their fix

I really do not know where UK should be rated right now. I do think we are trending upward and I believe we have a lot of upside.

Jerry Palm of CBS sports has UK as a 9 seed in his bracket

Uh, Purdue looked more impressive than UK over the weekend. That Butler game was never on question. I’d take Purdue by 3.5 over our Freshmen if they played right now. Move is justified imo.

Uh, Purdue looked more impressive than UK over the weekend. That Butler game was never on question. I’d take Purdue by 3.5 over our Freshmen if they played right now. Move is justified imo.
WAT.jpg

I feel bad for anyone that loses to us this year, as we are apparently a bad loss to any of them.

Usually I say some of y’all fans are bias over this and can explain why UK would drop (most of the time it’s legit). In this case there is zero excuses and there is no logic reason for UK to drop. I don’t even understand why he has them ranked this low BUT it’s his opinion.

Can’t be so thinned skinned though over polls that don’t matter. The AP and USAtoday coaches poll are the only polls you should pay attention too. If you look for every single thing to get offended by the. You will surely find it. It’s not a good way to live but some on here obviously like to be offended so they look for things to get their fix
Davis is a voter for the AP, so what he says affects us

Normally I'd just ignore a particular writer dropping Kentucky. But it is worthwhile to note who and what Seth Davis is: He's a jock-sniffing rich kid from the DC suburbs who got into Duke in large part on his daddy's connections. He never played the game. He never coached the game. His credential: He's WATCHED some games, and written about them in a pedestrian and forgettable style.

The average person in Kentucky who played hundreds of pick-up games on the local blacktop lot, started watching the Cats with his dad and uncles at age 5 and maybe got a little run on the high school team is Adolph Rupp compared to Seth Davis, in terms of understanding basketball. The correct response to Seth Davis is to laugh at him, and the sports journalism system that breeds a nullity like him.

Normally I'd just ignore a particular writer dropping Kentucky. But it is worthwhile to note who and what Seth Davis is: He's a jock-sniffing rich kid from the DC suburbs who got into Duke in large part on his daddy's connections. He never played the game. He never coached the game. His credential: He's WATCHED some games, and written about them in a pedestrian and forgettable style.

The average person in Kentucky who played hundreds of pick-up games on the local blacktop lot, started watching the Cats with his dad and uncles at age 5 and maybe got a little run on the high school team is Adolph Rupp compared to Seth Davis, in terms of understanding basketball. The correct response to Seth Davis is to laugh at him, and the sports journalism system that breeds a nullity like him.
His basketball bias is just as bad as daddy's political bias

He has been quite the jerk about it on Twitter today too. Saying he thinks TAMU will win the SEC which is why he keeps voting them higher than UK.

Seems every week some previously unranked or lower ranked team knocks off a top 5 team and voters immediately decide that team should jump over UK into the top 10. This week it's Arizona State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT