ADVERTISEMENT

Dook only favored by 2 at Ohio State tonight, 9:30 ET espn

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Who you got?

Duke could take a lesson from Florida by employing pressure defense vs. the Buckeyes, who committed a season-high 18 turnovers that led to 22 points by the Gators.

"Down the stretch we just didn't execute like we wanted to," Ohio State guard Jamari Wheeler said.

The Blue Devils lead the series with the Buckeyes 4-3 by winning the most recent meeting, 73-68, in Durham, N.C., in 2012.

Duke is 19-3 all-time in the Challenge while the Buckeyes are 9-11 with victories over North Carolina and Notre Dame the past two events.

Holtmann will coach against Krzyzewski for the first time in his career -- and the last as well if the teams don't meet in the NCAA Tournament as Krzyzewski is retiring after this season.

I'll take Duke by 15-20 pts.

Ohio State guards suck. They rely on Liddell and he won't be getting those easy hoops inside against Williams/Banchero, and who is going to defend Duke's wings?

Holtmann keeping it close would be slowing game down and hoping they miss shots/refs call some fouls on Duke's bigs. But the duo of Moore/Keels will dominate this matchup.

Ohio State guards suck. They rely on Liddell and he won't be getting those easy hoops inside against Williams/Banchero, and who is going to defend Duke's wings?

Holtmann keeping it close would be slowing game down and hoping they miss shots/refs call some fouls on Duke's bigs. But the duo of Moore/Keels will dominate this matchup.
I'm not with you on this one Ralph -- I think Bucks wins as the scenario is perfect for Duke to come back to earth . And I think Liddel has a HUGE night against Dukes front line . I loathe Tosu but I like this team they have . Liddel gets Banchero in foul trouble he goes off bigtime . Hate to say but I think they win

Last edited:

I find the line really surprising, home court advantage or not. I looked at an OSU board. Even those guys don't think OSU has a chance. Something VERY fishy with that line.

Last edited:
Duke will win this one by a thousand.
Vegas is usually spot on with these spreads, but they missed on this one.
OSU is very bland and they don't do anything well. Liddel is really good, but Duke has guys his size and skill set in spades. OSU does not match up with duke at all, especially at the guard position. Keels is going to eat at will and who the heck is going to check Banchero when he isn’t cramping?

But, freaking Tarleton hung with Gonzaga until the end, so I guess it's possible.

• Haha
Reactions: OmahaCats
Another line I do not get. Last Thursday at Thanksgiving I said the same to my dad about 3 win Nebraska being favored over 9 win Iowa. Of course, Nebraska led for much of the game until Iowa rallied to win. I said I would bet my house on that...that would have been a very nervous 4th quarter if I had done so lol.

I think Duke wins by double digits as well. I really hope all of us reverse jinx this and this results in an OSU buzzer beating 3 to win by 1.

Please Ohio State blow them off the court. We played them in a first game so the idea that Duke winning helps us I can live without. Hope they never win another game and K. has another fainting spell when they are double digit down.

• Haha
Reactions: Cawood86
Yeah Duke -2 is a 2 unit bet, easy.

Won last night by the skin of my teeth betting CMU to cover, it’s very unenjoyable to bet against the cats and it’s not something I’d do often, just thought the cats wouldn’t blow out Barbee by 50-60 even though I believe they easily could have.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I also took Indiana -2 over Syracuse, puzzling line, Syracuse is awful.

Though ESPN’s BPI has Syracuse favored by quite a bit, I don’t really trust ESPN’s power indexes, as their football power index ranks teams we’ve beaten and have better records than ahead of UK.

Though ESPN’s BPI has Syracuse favored by quite a bit, I don’t really trust ESPN’s power indexes, as their football power index ranks teams we’ve beaten and have better records than ahead of UK.
Tough place to play. IU would put a hurt on them in Bloomington.

That is interesting because Duke is a better basketball team than Ohio State. The fans will be foaming at the mouth but the talent at Duke will be too much. Ohio St is a one man team anyways so he gets in foul trouble it is game over

Reactions: Smashcat
Basically a toss up.

I'm surprised people think that Duke is going to win big tho.

The game is in Columbus.

Then again maybe we want Duke to be undefeated headed into the tournament. I'd just imagine the immense pressure they would be under to win the title and they probably would fall apart lol.

FWIW its a huge game , and tix can be had in Columbus for 24 bucks per ESPN .. LOL

I think Indiana rolls Syracuse. Jackson Davis has been a beast this year. They play way better basketball under their new coach. Wish they would have kept Archie. Xavier Johnson has also looked good at guard for them.

Im with ralphdaltonfan. I think OSU gets routed. They don't have the defensive capability to slow down Banchero. Neutral site I'd say Duke is a 6-7 point favorite. Theyll win this one 81-70. Figure OSU will make it closer the final few minutes only lose by 11.

Im with ralphdaltonfan. I think OSU gets routed. They don't have the defensive capability to slow down Banchero. Neutral site I'd say Duke is a 6-7 point favorite. Theyll win this one 81-70. Figure OSU will make it closer the final few minutes only lose by 11.
Normally I'd agree. Something's up. Opened Duke-3. Got bet down to Duke-2. Drifting back to Duke-3.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT