ADVERTISEMENT

Dook loses at home……to Pitt

GEVhygLbUAEeNsE
That might be the most diverse and privileged group photo of people flipping the bird that has ever been taken.

They really did. That overturn out of bounds call was criminal. Zero video evidence to overturn it but they did anyway after taking 3 times as long to review the play as I have ever seen.
I watched the last 4-5 minutes of the game and wondered how the ref's were going to help Duke and that out of bounds call was a way of helping Duke. When they took so long looking at it as you said " I said to myself they will give Duke the ball and they did.

I watched the last 4-5 minutes of the game and wondered how the ref's were going to help Duke and that out of bounds call was a way of helping Duke. When they took so long looking at it as you said " I said to myself they will give Duke the ball and they did.

Not only THAT call.. 3 minutes before Duke was trying to save a ball going out of bounds, the DUke player threw it and it hit a Pitt player.. the problem was the Pitt player was standing out of bounds already. It was a clear call to make: Pitt Ball. But they didn't call it and it cant be reviewed. Duke scored 2pts on a quick bucket to bring it to a 3pt game.

These are the type of calls that give Duke and Kansas wins. Thankfully Pitt did just enough to win... but they almost didn't.

I am a little older than most probably and have watched tons of basketball over the years and I have no idea what is a foul and what is not a foul anymore.
Nova had two layups off of two post ups by Moore. They called a hook both times. They didn’t replay the first one. They replayed the second one. Moore’s arm kinda swung around over the defender’s head. Moore was already around the defender. Just never hardly see that called and they called it twice within about a minute.

Reactions: yoshukai
They were
They really did. That overturn out of bounds call was criminal. Zero video evidence to overturn it but they did anyway after taking 3 times as long to review the play as I have ever seen.
They were desperately looking for a reason to overturn that call . When there wasn’t any they did it anyway.

Reactions: Ugoff
Pitt had a kid go 7-7 from 3.

Glad to see a kid from a crap team go off on Duke like happens to UK so often.

HA HA to Sheyer and the Dorks!!!
Just watched the highlights and most of them were long 3s with someone in his face and they were nothing but net.

Reactions: catben
Not only THAT call.. 3 minutes before Duke was trying to save a ball going out of bounds, the DUke player threw it and it hit a Pitt player.. the problem was the Pitt player was standing out of bounds already. It was a clear call to make: Pitt Ball. But they didn't call it and it cant be reviewed. Duke scored 2pts on a quick bucket to bring it to a 3pt game.

These are the type of calls that give Duke and Kansas wins. Thankfully Pitt did just enough to win... but they almost didn't.
I'm a bit confused Lineski...was the ball still live and was the dook player still considered to be in-bounds when he threw it off the Pitt guy? The reason I ask is the picture I've got in my mind after reading your description of the play is that it was the right call. If a ball hits a person standing out of bounds, it's the other team's ball. What am I missing?

I'm a bit confused Lineski...was the ball still live and was the dook player still considered to be in-bounds when he threw it off the Pitt guy? The reason I ask is the picture I've got in my mind after reading your description of the play is that it was the right call. If a ball hits a person standing out of bounds, it's the other team's ball. What am I missing?

Idk, the announcers BOTH seemed to say that you can't throw a ball off of someone who is already out of bounds. You CAN throw the ball off of someone who is INbounds and if the ball then goes out, then it's out on them. Maybe they have it wrong? But the Pitt player was full on out of bounds.

Idk, the announcers BOTH seemed to say that you can't throw a ball off of someone who is already out of bounds. You CAN throw the ball off of someone who is INbounds and if the ball then goes out, then it's out on them. Maybe they have it wrong? But the Pitt player was full on out of bounds.
99.9% sure the announcers are wrong stating you can't throw the ball off someone who is out of bounds

99.9% sure the announcers are wrong stating you can't throw the ball off someone who is out of bounds

Could it have had something to do with a player establishing himself in bounds or not? Or possibly if his body was on the out of bounds line? Both announcers are very sure of themselves. The Pitt players entire body was standing out of bounds.

I guess if its the correct call, it's because the player was "live".. but kind of funny that if the Duke player threw the ball on literally ANYTHING else that's out of bounds, its out on them.

Yes, I watched that live and that call was garbage. They initially called it Pitt ball and when you take that long to review the play (seemed like they took 5+ minutes looking at the monitor), there is absolutely no way you overturn that. There was zero evidence at all that the Pitt player touched the ball after the Duke kid hit it. Garbage call.

Could it have had something to do with a player establishing himself in bounds or not? Or possibly if his body was on the out of bounds line? Both announcers are very sure of themselves. The Pitt players entire body was standing out of bounds.

I guess if its the correct call, it's because the player was "live".. but kind of funny that if the Duke player threw the ball on literally ANYTHING else that's out of bounds, its out on them.
First organized game of ball I ever played, 7th grade jr. high team, we're down 1, advance to halfcourt and get the time-out w/ 7 or 8 seconds on the clock. Coach draws up a play to inbound the ball to our boy w/ the hot hand. He started weakside, comes off the double screen on the block. I'm supposed to hit him w/ the pass in the short corner (inbounding from just across half court, on the sideline). Ref hands me the ball, Sam comes open, I throw an overhead pass that the tall galoot bouncing in front of me slapped directly back into my hands. I hand the ball to the ref, getting ready to run it again, and the ref tells me it's the other team's ball. I argued w/ him briefly, ("He slapped it out!"), but lost.

I thought the scenarios sounded similar.

This is somewhay common knowledge, and happened just yesterday in our game. If the Duke player touched the line or was out then pitt ball; but if ue successfully threw itnoff an out of bounds pitt guy, then Duke ball. We gained possession on a similiar situation, threw it off GA as our guy is in the act if falling out himself.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
This is somewhay common knowledge, and happened just yesterday in our game. If the Duke player touched the line or was out then pitt ball; but if ue successfully threw itnoff an out of bounds pitt guy, then Duke ball. We gained possession on a similiar situation, threw it off GA as our guy is in the act if falling out himself.

I dont know why but I thought it was if the player was both inbounds and out of bounds, like you mentioned, falling out of bounds. Surprised the announcers didn't catch this either, then. Because for anyone who saw this, they were very sure it was the wrong call, but then just moved on.

I dont know why but I thought it was if the player was both inbounds and out of bounds, like you mentioned, falling out of bounds. Surprised the announcers didn't catch this either, then. Because for anyone who saw this, they were very sure it was the wrong call, but then just moved on.
I watched the game as well….and if it’s the play I think you’re referencing. The issue was the Duke player (Caleb Foster) jumped in the air and came down with his foot on the ground before he released the ball to throw it off the Pitt player. But it was outside the final two minutes so not reviewable.

@LineSkiCat14 , I've been meaning to ask you what your thoughts on Jalen Green are, being that you're a Rockets fan.

Do you guys still want to keep him around to see if he takes the next step, or is time to trade him and his sub 40% field goal percent shooting?

@LineSkiCat14 , I've been meaning to ask you what your thoughts on Jalen Green are, being that you're a Rockets fan.

Do you guys still want to keep him around to see if he takes the next step, or is time to trade him and his sub 40% field goal percent shooting?

He has the rest of this year to prove something, after that they gotta move on. Just does nothing else well and even his shooting is problematic. One thing I like is that he's had a great attitude this whole time, even through the struggles. But he's just not very good.

I'm kind of shocked how bad these Gleagues have been for HSers. Jalen Green, kuminga, Hardy, nix.. now the Thompson Brothers are showing that going 4th and 5th might have been too high.

I even dropped Jalen from my fantasy team last night lolol.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Really enjoyed that game. Pitt players were fearless all the way through. Why do the Duke students put there arms out and move there hands all the time. They look pretty weird when they do it.

I didn’t see the game but why would that play be Pitt ball if the ball hit a Pitt player standing out of bounds?

First organized game of ball I ever played, 7th grade jr. high team, we're down 1, advance to halfcourt and get the time-out w/ 7 or 8 seconds on the clock. Coach draws up a play to inbound the ball to our boy w/ the hot hand. He started weakside, comes off the double screen on the block. I'm supposed to hit him w/ the pass in the short corner (inbounding from just across half court, on the sideline). Ref hands me the ball, Sam comes open, I throw an overhead pass that the tall galoot bouncing in front of me slapped directly back into my hands. I hand the ball to the ref, getting ready to run it again, and the ref tells me it's the other team's ball. I argued w/ him briefly, ("He slapped it out!"), but lost.

I thought the scenarios sounded similar.
The ref was correct.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
tHE DUKE PLAYER FOOT WAS OUT OF BOUNDS WHEN HE THREW THE BALL OFF THE pITT PLAYER

Maybe that's what it is, and I had it wrong.

I'd go by the commentators on this, BOTH said it was the wrong call, so maybe that's what it was.

Listen I'm probably the closest thing to a perfect poster here.. but even I make mistakes every now and then.

Duke got two favorable calls late that was big in keeping them in the game. Foster going out of bounds trying to throw it back in. And the deflected in bounds pass they reviewed for ten minutes. Watching that replay over and over there is no way they could have determined that the Pitt player touched the ball. The call should have stood since there was no obvious evidence on the replay that the Pitt guy touched the ball.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT