ADVERTISEMENT

Dontaie Allen

tenor.gif

If we go there again it will be a long season.
I don't see this as a one year rebuild. I think we will be doing good to make the NCAA Tournament next season. But we won't have a mass exodus after next season, and the year after that we'll be a little better, and then a little better again the third year. We're building a team now, not just renting some players for a few months.

I don't see this as a one year rebuild. I think we will be doing good to make the NCAA Tournament next season. But we won't have a mass exodus after next season, and the year after that we'll be a little better, and then a little better again the third year. We're building a team now, not just renting some players for a few months.
Nah man this isn’t 2008. When you hire a coach you may not expect to win it all right away but 3 year rebuilds aren’t acceptable, especially at UK.

Nah man this isn’t 2008. When you hire a coach you may not expect to win it all right away but 3 year rebuilds aren’t acceptable, especially at UK.

With all the NIL we have one of the guys we didn't offer the job to (pearl, beard, Lloyd, etc) would all have final four contenders within 3 years. That needs to be the expectation for Pope as well.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
With all the NIL we have one of the guys we didn't offer the job to (pearl, beard, Lloyd, etc) would all have final four contenders within 3 years. That needs to be the expectation for Pope as well.
People already making excuses if next season is bad are interesting.

Reactions: thedahc
Sorry, but no.

He STRUGGLED at WESTERN. Now granted, WKU is getting back to it's roots in being a basketball school but it still plays in a mid conference. So, no, unless we ABSOLUTELY need a body

No you do, there are 300+ players in the portal right now and an open roster at the university of Kentucky with 5 million and counting in NIL to spend. If Cal can get a competitive roster put together at Arkansas we should be able to.
If you are in the SEC and make the NCAA, you're competitive. Texas A&M was pretty competitive last year.

He’s been pretty consistent at WKU averaging about 8-9 points in 20 minutes and hovering around 40% from 3 both years. You could squint and see a role player in a system that actually works to get looks for shooters, but he’s nothing special by the time you factor in his defensive limitations. Unless he’s cool with a role where he plays extremely limited minutes, I’d like to think we could do better.

He’s been pretty consistent at WKU averaging about 8-9 points in 20 minutes and hovering around 40% from 3 both years. You could squint and see a role player in a system that actually works to get looks for shooters, but he’s nothing special by the time you factor in his defensive limitations. Unless he’s cool with a role where he plays extremely limited minutes, I’d like to think we could do better.
Exactly what I have in mind for him. Not sure if there is interest, but I'm not going to be all "chicken little" if we were to bring him back.

Reactions: Ugoff
I’d take him as a reserve but doubt that’s what he’s looking for in his last year…however right now we have no roster..anxious to see how things look on May 1(roster won’t be complete but hopefully we have some pieces in place at that time.

Cal used him wrong. Remember when Robic let him play and we got the win at Ms. State? The game Cal got throw out? Yeah... I bet Pope can help him.

I'd take a look at Dontaie if I were Pope. We need 10 players at least. He's a Ky guy and maybe given a second chance you'll get his best. No way he would start or even be in the top 7 in rotation.

We are making the university and the team the focal points as it should be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT