ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan, Oats, Hurley

My guess is Donovan or Drew. Mitch won’t go after Oats or Pearl as he does not want to deal with any non-basketball issues.

Billy can flash his 2 championship rings and decade as an NBA coach to potential recruits and transfers. Has been an assistant at UK and knows of the traditions and pressure that comes with the job. Good x and o guy at Fla

Drew is a very good recruiter and coach. Is even tempered on the sideline and seems to make in-game adjustments. Brought Baylor back from the death penalty and has them in top echelon every year. Would probably bring some recruits and possibly current players with him. Has inroads into Texas which bodes well for future recruiting.

I am so excited that COW, CCC, and Kalipairie are leaving. Believe that we will now have a more intact roster from year to year. Reload not Rebuild every year!

Last edited:
Not that I think it matters, but Donovan would have a harder time building a team for next year than the other 2 guys. Same could be said for Jay Wright.

Donovan is 59
Oats is 49
Hurley is 51
Donovan and Hurley are not coming. Why would Hurley leave UConn, who is on the verge of passing KY in the national championships in the near future? Hurley is a Northeastern guy through and through. Donovan does not want any part of college basketball as it has become.

Donovan and Hurley are not coming. Why would Hurley leave UConn, who is on the verge of passing KY in the national championships in the near future? Hurley is a Northeastern guy through and through. Donovan does not want any part of college basketball as it has become.
You don't know if they will or won't come. You saying "are not coming" is just merely your opinion.

Rick Pitino and Cal were northeastern guys through and through and they both came here. Terrible argument.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
You really don't know any of that.

Hopefully Mitch checked into coaches around the time of the “meeting.” I’m not getting my hopes up, but at least he was given time to prepare.

You don't know if they will or won't come. You saying "are not coming" is just merely your opinion.

Rick Pitino and Cal were northeastern guys through and through and they both came here. Terrible argument.
Keep dreaming, my friend. It was a major move up for those guys.

Oats makes the most sense if not for the buyout. He could handle the pressure and is motivated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT