ADVERTISEMENT

Doesn’t matter how much talent we have

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
Cal cannot read the game and cannot coach his teams to wins. Up 14 and cal forgets what erased the KU lead and what put us up big. I know reed picked up 2 fouls but why sit him if you’re gonna wait 8 min to put him in the second half why make him ride pine with 2 fouls? He is the engine for this team. I know down the stretch he took a wild shot but the game was lost at that point. As I woke up today I felt we actually outplayed KU. We should have never lost that game with the lead we had. I know we ve made statements alot of fans anyway that we can’t win another title with cal. Last night was proof positive. Cal cannot coach his teams for 6 games and make common sense decisions. He will always rely on his draft picks who this year look like it will be massive inconsistency. Then cal did the same to Rob in the second half waited until we were up 6 and 3 min to go. That’s terrible situational coaching. Up 6 with 3 to go if you’re gonna win it it’s gonna be on defense. A guy with 4 fouls cold off the bench was a terrible choice. I’m sick of losing these games because of coaching especially playing the wrong guys. I want to get excited. I like our players. I can’t stand Cals coaching. He has lost too many big games cost us titles.

You numb skulls realize we were playing the #1 team in the country right?
You realize we were down 3 seven footers right?
You realize Reeves shot 3 of 17 from 3 right?
You realize we had a chance to win with a minute to go right?
Chill the F out then.

I disagree. In 2012 we obviously had enough talent to overcome the coaching.

In 2015 we again had enough talent to overcome the coaching, but the Refs did us in.
2017 had enough talent as well, if Willis guards Luke Maye like he suppose to, that game goes to OT and I think Kentucky wins, and probably has another title

Last edited:
Reactions: -BBH- and NociHTTP

In 2015 we again had enough talent to overcome the coaching, but the Refs did us in.
Cal mismanaged players in 2015 especially that Wisconsin game. He was too concerned about keeping the twins happy so he could continue to recruit Texas. I mean we had an all time uk pg and nba all star on the bench. Cal didn’t know it because the stars didn’t match but that game shouldn’t have been close enough for the refs to affect

the refs did not help, but the twins cost UK that game with their wild shots after running out the clock

That game along with the title game loss to UCLA & Arizona are the 3 worst losses that I have watched

Reactions: CatPhight
You numb skulls realize we were playing the #1 team in the country right?
You realize we were down 3 seven footers right?
You realize Reeves shot 3 of 17 from 3 right?
You realize we had a chance to win with a minute to go right?
Chill the F out then.
you realize if you buy a lottery ticket, you have a "chance" to win
As long as ccc is the coach winning the lottery & UK winning big games, the odds are about the same

the refs did not help, but the twins cost UK that game with their wild shots after running out the clock

That game along with the title game loss to UCLA & Arizona are the 3 worst losses that I have watched
Will never get over that one .... sitting there in-person .... just crushing. Soul crushing. You could feel the tension in the air - it wasn't fun, it was all pressure.

ccc has taken all of the fun out of UK basketball.
the fans used to expect to win every game, no matter who the opponent.
now it is just the opposite, the fans know that a tight game will usually result in a loss
this is the reason that I no longer care about traveling to watch UK play.
Why waste all the time, effort and $ to see them give away a game they should have won.

ccc has taken all of the fun out of UK basketball.
the fans used to expect to win every game, no matter who the opponent.
now it is just the opposite, the fans know that a tight game will usually result in a loss
this is the reason that I no longer care about traveling to watch UK play.
Why waste all the time, effort and $ to see them give away a game they should have won.
Great post here and also the OP's as well.

Reactions: NociHTTP

That game along with the title game loss to UCLA & Arizona are th e 3 worst losses that I have watched
We could've been kneecapped, shot, drawn and quartered on the court by UCLA and they still would've be declared the champs. Once Wooden announced he was retiring, that game was decided.

Cal cannot read the game and cannot coach his teams to wins. Up 14 and cal forgets what erased the KU lead and what put us up big. I know reed picked up 2 fouls but why sit him if you’re gonna wait 8 min to put him in the second half why make him ride pine with 2 fouls? He is the engine for this team. I know down the stretch he took a wild shot but the game was lost at that point. As I woke up today I felt we actually outplayed KU. We should have never lost that game with the lead we had. I know we ve made statements alot of fans anyway that we can’t win another title with cal. Last night was proof positive. Cal cannot coach his teams for 6 games and make common sense decisions. He will always rely on his draft picks who this year look like it will be massive inconsistency. Then cal did the same to Rob in the second half waited until we were up 6 and 3 min to go. That’s terrible situational coaching. Up 6 with 3 to go if you’re gonna win it it’s gonna be on defense. A guy with 4 fouls cold off the bench was a terrible choice. I’m sick of losing these games because of coaching especially playing the wrong guys. I want to get excited. I like our players. I can’t stand Cals coaching. He has lost too many big games cost us titles.
Wrong on so many levels but you are right about one thing…. Doesnt matter how much talent you have. It matters how skilled you are. Many think talent = skill. Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Skill takes time to develop. Some faster than others. Some take years.

Someone fans never learn the difference. Even after 14 years…….

Reactions: Cobb4uk
Cal can’t coach himself out of a wet paper bag anymore. He stumbles over his own damn feet. I’m just so damn sick of him to be honest we just don’t hardly beat ranked teams no more. We all went into that game last night thinking we were losing anyway. That’s how far Cal has dropped expectations at UK…..I’ll rejoice the day he leaves Lexington!!!

I'm sure you can coach Reeves, Wagner and Edwards to shoot better than 4 for 35. Wagner and Edwards were 1 for 18 and Reeves 3 for 17. When you have 3 starters that shoot like that your not going to win many game, and poor free throw shooting doesn't help. Cal has his problems but playing the number 1 team with 5 Seniors in their top 8 that's a hard hill to climb. Hope we see them in the tournament with our bigs healthy.

I'm sure you can coach Reeves, Wagner and Edwards to shoot better than 4 for 35. Wagner and Edwards were 1 for 18 and Reeves 3 for 17. When you have 3 starters that shoot like that your not going to win many game, and poor free throw shooting doesn't help. Cal has his problems but playing the number 1 team with 5 Seniors in their top 8 that's a hard hill to climb. Hope we see them in the tournament with our bigs healthy.
Yeah. I can. It’s called using the bench.it’s simple but cal doesn’t know how to teach. Has never known who to play and who not to play or does but plays favorites. It wasn’t just shooting it was deer in the headlights drives to the basket I mean that missed dunk was pathetic. You glue their butt to the bench. Not reed and Rob who got you out the hole those others dug us in. Reeves just needs to be talked to. He’s in grad school he should get it if you present it to him right. Wagner should not have played more than 10 min last night edwards probably 15.

Even up 14 I knew Cal would find a way to rip our hearts out. I almost started to believe at that point. But I know better.
For some reason Cal refuses to bury Self. Recall the 2012 game when UK was up by 20+.....Cal slowed it down and almost blew it.

I want a coach like Pitino, Kirby, Saban, Spurrier....the kind who wants to beat you down so bad you quit.

Yeah. I can. It’s called using the bench.it’s simple but cal doesn’t know how to teach. Has never known who to play and who not to play or does but plays favorites. It wasn’t just shooting it was deer in the headlights drives to the basket I mean that missed dunk was pathetic. You glue their butt to the bench. Not reed and Rob who got you out the hole those others dug us in. Reeves just needs to be talked to. He’s in grad school he should get it if you present it to him right. Wagner should not have played more than 10 min last night edwards probably 15.
Ccc can't sit those kids. He promised them they would get all the minutes they wanted. Same as he promised ugo to start at center and Bradshaw at forward.

Ccc can't sit those kids. He promised them they would get all the minutes they wanted. Same as he promised ugo to start at center and Bradshaw at forward.
Whats up with that? Will that ever happen?

Yeah, Edwards getting rejected by the rim was bench worthy. If a number of other guys over the years do that, or play like Wagner did, they'd be out.

Keep playing Wagner and Edwards big minutes when they haven't earned it and letting Reeves think it's cool to jack up 25 shots (17 in the second half) and it's another double-digit loss season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT