ADVERTISEMENT

Does Matt Jones just make things up?

I love how since Mitch made a terrible hire the conversation goes to “why didn’t Matt Jones know”. We should be talking about why we made the hire in the first place.
We can talk about multiple things but he gave a bunch of names that we’d look at and none of them were Mark Pope, and Mark Pope was hired immediately. Worth discussing if our most prominent media member just fabricates stuff whole cloth.

Reactions: Wonky and JARRODH
Jones does not know any more than the rest of us do. But his status hinges on being able to con us into believing that he is speaking from a place of inside knowledge. And a lot of folks have fallen for his schtick.

But not as many now as used to be the case.

Reactions: Wonky and JARRODH
We can talk about multiple things but he gave a bunch of names that we’d look at and none of them were Mark Pope, and Mark Pope was hired immediately. Worth discussing if our most prominent media member just fabricates stuff whole cloth.
Show me one insider that said “Mark Pope”, yet because most are jealous of Matt Jones they pick a fight with him. No one had Mark Pope because he shouldn’t have been on any list to begin with.

Show me one insider that said “Mark Pope”, yet because most are jealous of Matt Jones they pick a fight with him. No one had Mark Pope because he shouldn’t have been on any list to begin with.
How can you defend it? He made it sound like he had sources in the program. Obviously he didn’t. They were just names he made up.

Reactions: Wonky
How can you defend it? He made it sound like he had sources in the program. Obviously he didn’t. They were just names he made up.
Just like every local and national reporter that talked about it. No one knew yet we constantly bitch about Matt Jones, most info I saw from Jones was very vague and obviously an opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
I've seen and heard MJ give a list of who HE thought was getting looked at. I have not seen or heard him say that he knew who the choices were.

Matt Jones only mentioned Mark Pope after Rothstein threw out the bomb, and basically dismissed it. Then Norlander broke the hiring. Completely back footed. He had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. People were getting information and it wasn’t him, but he was pretending it was.

It's also worth entertaining the idea that this is how far down the list we had to go to hire a coach. That there were other guys on a tier 2 or 3 and nobody was interested.

Matt, much like myself, probably just underestimated how truly f*cking idiotic Mitch is.

Reactions: Aces Fan
Matt Jones does not know anything. He’s a product of create your own platform, say enough crazy things to gain interest, and is somehow perceived to be connected to Kentucky basketball

He’s not for this hire because it will hurt his business bad

Mitch did exactly what we all feared. He dropped the ball again after given a huge out and opportunity to do something big

This is worse than Indiana and that’s saying something

Do you guys actually think these show hosts actually know what is in Mitch B. Head?

Matt of course is putting her opinion into the list as was everyone else. No one (not one expert had Pope on the list). Do not follow KSR as much as some around here but you all have to use your heads on this type of reporting.

I love how since Mitch made a terrible hire the conversation goes to “why didn’t Matt Jones know”. We should be talking about why we made the hire in the first place.
The TRUTH here is you or anybody else has any idea whether this is a bad hire for UK or not,if it's done give the guy a chance and see how he does. My guess is some will not. I said elsewhere this is not who I would have hired but I nor any of our fans get to make that decision. I am willing to give him a chance,in reality that's all we can do. If you won't do that who needs you

Reactions: JumperJack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT