ADVERTISEMENT

Does Duke finally get a commitment Monday

Kinda hope they do.
Seriously starting to feel a little bad for them.
Even if they dont coach k will start trying keeping as many players as possible. Feel bad for reddish he might be sacrificed

Reactions: Dablueman
I think Duke ends up with a better class than we think. I hate to say it. I can't stand them.

I just hope Duval, Wendell Carter's mom, & the Thorntons keep being a gift by opening their mouths. :)

I agree, they will end up with a great class. They always do.

Maybe recruits have realized Duke’s “The Brotherhood” stuff is pretty creepy when your “Dad” is old enough to be your great-grandfather.

Kinda hope they do.
Even if they dont coach k will start trying keeping as many players as possible. Feel bad for reddish he might be sacrificed
Rules on catspause

1. Never talk about catspause
2. Never use any sort of feeling bad for anything puke on this board. It’s a banablr offense and will not be tolerated

Maybe recruits have realized Duke’s “The Brotherhood” stuff is pretty creepy when your “Dad” is old enough to be your great-grandfather.

Maybe that's why the USA Ryder Cup team lost. They had Coach K come in and give a speech, I'm sure he kept bringing up the phony "brotherhood" thing he thinks they have.

I think Duke will get Moore. He's been considered a lock for them a while. It's good timing considering people are starting to question whether K has lost his recruiting mojo.

Reactions: csrupp
I think Duke will get Moore. He's been considered a lock for them a while. It's good timing considering people are starting to question whether K has lost his recruiting mojo.

They could still very well get Carey, Stewart and Cole Anthony too. Just sayin... I think people wrote them off prematurely.

I think Duke ends up with a better class than we think. I hate to say it. I can't stand them.

I just hope Duval, Wendell Carter's mom, & the Thorntons keep being a gift by opening their mouths. :)

I don't see it. You can kiss a Carey/Stewart tandem. goodbye. They'll get one, if that. Anthony is iffy... They're relying on a sub15 recruit just to have something going into spring.

I would look for them to pull in several 2020 re-class kids if they strike out. Some 5th year transfers. That’ll be Cal’s backup plan too, although I doubt he’ll have to use it.

Duke will be fine. I wouldn’t shed any tears for them just yet.

Kinda hope they do.
Kinda hope they do get Redden to stay. Right now they can blame bolden being lazy as to why he is still there. If Redden and Jones are back the one and dones will get that pointed out to them by every rival team there is. There is no Capel to let grandpa know he can't verbally abuse parents and players anymore and u can't hold the one and dones back. Lol

K isn't going to do the job much longer....No matter how much hair dye he uses, he's an old man. He certainly isn't going to announce his retirement ahead of time...he'd be afraid of hurting recruiting. He'll probably go out Wooten-style, but hopefully after a loss.

K isn't going to do the job much longer....No matter how much hair dye he uses, he's an old man. He certainly isn't going to announce his retirement ahead of time...he'd be afraid of hurting recruiting. He'll probably go out Wooten-style, but hopefully after a loss.

Curious what this "Wooden Style" of retirement is. I've heard it a few times here but unfamiliar. How did Wooden go out?

Maybe that's why the USA Ryder Cup team lost. They had Coach K come in and give a speech, I'm sure he kept bringing up the phony "brotherhood" thing he thinks they have.

Im surprised some of our guys didn't take a spill on the tee box after some of those errant drives like K did a few years back.

They could still very well get Carey, Stewart and Cole Anthony too. Just sayin... I think people wrote them off prematurely.

Possible but unlikely. There are people out there that think we might get all of those guys possibly but unlikely.

Say what you want but this Duke recruiting cycle just has a completely different feel to it than what had became the norm for them, beginning in 2014. They haven't consistently struck out on player after player for several years, maybe ever. Something is definitely different. No doubt about it, IMO.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Say what you want but this Duke recruiting cycle just has a completely different feel to it than what had became the norm for them, beginning in 2014. They haven't consistently struck out on player after player for several years, maybe ever. Something is definitely different. No doubt about it, IMO.

Agreed.

Probably Capel leaving or if you buy the whole Nike steering conspiracy, then the lack of Nike cash flowing to recruits because of the scandal.

I think it's Capel. I also believe that K is growing tired of having Freshmen led teams. I think he is trying to land a couple 5-star studs to go with his veterans to build a team more like he has been successful with in the past.

He is probably planning on Jones, O'Connell, DeLaurier, Bolden, Goldwire, and White being his veteran role players to lean on with Moore and one of Stewart or Carey being the stars of the show.

Jones gives them an elite experienced PG. O'Connell is their shooter. Moore is their athletic wing. Stewart or Carey will be their inside scorer. Bolden or DeLaurier will be their rebound, defend, do all the dirty work player. Then they'll have the veterans on the bench.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT