ADVERTISEMENT

When we finally get Cal out (hopefully in 2 months) How long before preseason Tourneys?

Wildcat-in-STL

All-American
Oct 28, 2012
All American Burger
So when we finally get Cal pushed out or fired, how long will it take to get into early season tournaments again? how far in advance is the Maui tourney planned? would it be 3-4 years from when Cal leaves? Thats one I'm really looking forward to even watching on tv again, never the less I think I'll try to go to one so I can scratch that off the bucket list.

So when we finally get Cal pushed out or fired, how long will it take to get into early season tournaments again? how far in advance is the Maui tourney planned? would it be 3-4 years from when Cal leaves? Thats one I'm really looking forward to even watching on tv again, never the less I think I'll try to go to one so I can scratch that off the bucket list.
Just remember you'll be there when the next coach takes over.
No matter where I go, there I am.
Selah.

Reactions: UKMKG
He ain't going anywhere anytime soon unless you have $40-$50 million to donate to the cause.

Let’s say we do the sweet 16 and have another #1 class . They just simply won’t pay him $30+ million to leave and commit $9mil per yr to another coach this April .

These people are morons. First graders.

Reactions: SpamburgerHamburger
I can't believe the confidence people seem to have that we'll be so much better with another coach. I'm not saying we won't, but the odds are vastly lower than people think. Even with a big splash hire. It's one thing to wonder who/when the next coach will be, but to be actively rooting for Cal to leave is asinine.

Calipari is like a new Jaguar or Range Rover, awesome in the beginning, but over time will just leave you stranded on the side of the road, time and time again!

I’m just ready for a change, heck any change! I want my old beloved CBB program back to before it was G-League Lite.

Reactions: catswillwin
Calipari is like a new Jaguar or Range Rover, awesome in the beginning, but over time will just leave you stranded on the side of the road, time and time again!

I’m just ready for a change, heck any change! I want my old beloved CBB program back to before it was G-League Lite.
How do you know that would be the vision of the new coach?
Scott Drew is Cal-lite as far as recruiting.
Who do you think he would target walking into Peach Jam decked out in Kentucky blue?

I can't believe the confidence people seem to have that we'll be so much better with another coach. I'm not saying we won't, but the odds are vastly lower than people think. Even with a big splash hire. It's one thing to wonder who/when the next coach will be, but to be actively rooting for Cal to leave is asinine.
I think the chance a different coach will be worse than the last 5 years in terms of results isn't very high. What he's given us for an extended time now wouldn't be tough to replicate unless you're just focused on recruiting class rankings. Also, a key "result" for me would be a coach that puts the UK Program's success/wins as the top priority...far above any other priorities. And that's not a result that should be tough to achieve either.

I think the chance a different coach will be worse than the last 5 years in terms of results isn't very high. What he's given us for an extended time now wouldn't be tough to replicate unless you're just focused on recruiting class rankings. Also, a key "result" for me would be a coach that puts the UK Program's success/wins as the top priority...far above any other priorities. And that's not a result that should be tough to achieve either.
The new coach probably starts with a depleted roster.
Hard to see anyone coming in and making a big splash year one.
I'm sure a new coach would persue a middle ground approach with fans and his message to future recruits.
A new coach will not publicly rebute a players first mentality.
In 2024 players expect all coaches to be somewhat players first.
Plus let's be honest, when you hook up a kid with a nice NIL package, you're players first by default.

How could a new coach ever match what Cal has done since 2015?!? lol There are, at the very least, 100 other coaches in the country that could do better than what we’ve seen the last 5 years.

Jesus H man. 😂😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT