ADVERTISEMENT

Does Coach Cal get fired if we don’t make the NCAA tournament?

Jul 1, 2004
Personally I don’t see how you can keep him if we don’t. Too many poor seasons in a row to overcome imo.

Are you gonna fork up the $46.5 million for his buyout?

If your answer is no, then THAT is how. Somebody’s gotta come up with the money to pay him to leave, and nobody’s volunteering yet.

Reactions: Zissou87
No. Mitch is a limp noodle. Best we can hope for is a very strong suggestion that the following year is his last and sweeten the pot for him to take the opt out option

If the boosters support the buyout, it wouldn’t be as hard as you guys are making it.
The only booster who could even remotely consider paying it is Joe Craft, one of Cal’s close friends.

So, no, there is absolutely no scenario where UK can get boosters to give them $50 million

Reactions: Nightwish84
The only booster who could even remotely consider paying it is Joe Craft, one of Cal’s close friends.

So, no, there is absolutely no scenario where UK can get boosters to give them $50 million

How long until Joe Craft and Cal aren’t close friends? They aren’t lifelong friends. They met when Cal got here. Joe doesn’t support the trash we are putting on the floor. Promise.

You feel any different about your hero today than you did yesterday? Still think Cal leaving would be any more crippling than the situation we’re already in?

This life time contact (10 yr) cal was given was one of the lowest points in uk basketball. Our program is in some serious 💩 right now and for the next years.
Poor performing coach that has a 45 million dollar buyout and ain’t goin nowhere till paid or time runs out. Meantime the Kentucky basketball standard is depleting continuously. #1 class or not this type of basketball just ain’t it.

This is the kind of thinking that keeps us in this mess. Screw next years class, get rid of his ass asap
Holding on to him solely because he has a great class coming in next year would be a mistake, for sure. He’s always going to have that next great class coming in. It doesn’t matter anymore. It’s just about time to rip off the bandaid.

I think our only way out is to make his life miserable enough that he leaves. Boo and jeer him every appearance. Boo him when he's introduced. Make it so he can't go in public anywhere in Lexington or the state without getting booed and jeered at.

oh god, why are people ignorant and think all money has to be paid right away on a buyout? No judge in the world is going to rule that you have to pay the 50 million all in one year. and to save 50 million dollars someone will be paid 100K to make cal's life hell until he's gone on his own.

But I still say that when time comes, some people would be paid 100K to make Cal's life living hell until he wants to leave before we have to pay 50 million dollar buy out. A sex scandal comes out or a player comes forward saying Cal knew about cheating... all sorts of things ... does cal want his rep and his family drug with scandals etc or just leave and take a small buyout like Tubby did....

The only way he is gone after this year is if he leaves on his on. They are not coughing up 55 million dollars.
Why don’t people understand this?

We could literally lose out the season and he’s not getting fired. He may leave—I hope he does—but he’s not getting fired this year no matter what happens. Prolly not next year either. Let’s all hope he gets tired and bolts. I won’t hold my breath.

What if 100 boosters with large net worth chip in? Everyone acts like it needs to be 2 or 3 guys.
That was exactly what I was getting at and why I said boosters plural.

There are a lot of wealthy boosters. One person doesn’t have to pay it all. If they pooled together I think you’d be surprised how much dough they could come up with.

Not a troll here, just wanted to see if you all feel this could be a real possibility? Friend of mine; huge bc state fan says an insider on his board feels Cal to Texas could make sense? Do you all see that as a realistic possibility? I know a ton of you guys want him gone, and that could be a way where he gets out of Kentucky without getting fired

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT