ADVERTISEMENT

Does Cal have enough character to resign?

Do Serial Killers stop killing? He is to arrogant and doesn’t see his deficiencies, I’m hoping Chin calls him out, he has to many yes men on the bench.
This post is worthy of Message Board Genius. I laughed out loud. Weird comparison, but it works. Kudos.
This cock sucker stood up there at the media time out and tried to tell us that kenpom 122 St. Peter’s was a good team. Any other top 5 seed would have won this game by double digits. He’s a piece of shit.
This post is shit.

For Cal to be successful he needs 5-7 5 Star recruits because as a coach who makes his players develop, he’s not.Coach K was the same way. Coaches who take inferior talent and makes them superior are few and far between. The coach of Baylor does however.

He’s not going anywhere. If you can’t live with that, YOU go elsewhere.

No coach with any common sense would come to this school. They simple aren’t going to pay you enough to have to deal with this type of BS coming from a bunch of so-called fans.
Interesting.

Old and tired: NO WAY CAL LEAVES!

New hotness: NO WAY ANOTHER COACH COMES HERE!

I get everyone is angry, but if I’m making that kind of money, I’m not gonna leave it on the table because the fans are mad at me.

If I’m making Cal money, the only way I’m leaving is by force of my boss’s pen.

Reactions: KMKAT
I get everyone is angry, but if I’m making that kind of money, I’m not gonna leave it on the table because the fans are mad at me.

If I’m making Cal money, the only way I’m leaving is by force of my boss’s pen.
Cal could negotiate a settlement of the buyout and agree to leave quietly. He might get $25 mill.

i have been wondering that same question about some of the posters on here
we have some on here that can not handle some adversity

i bet 1958-1978 they would have been committed
1978-1996 they would have jumped from the highest bridge
1998-2012 they probably beat their dog daily

• Love
Reactions: jace2012
I'd be shocked if he did resign, Barney for the first time, did acknowledge that this wasn't championship basketball and the fans deserved more. I would like to think he is going to make changes especially with his offensive philosophy, but we all know he's too arrogant for that to happen...so here we are

No coach with any common sense would come to this school. They simple aren’t going to pay you enough to have to deal with this type of BS coming from a bunch of so-called fans.
Surely u don’t think coaches read these boards do you? They have no time for this.

He doesn’t need to resign, he should be out there recruiting the best talent that he can to UK.
I agree 100%. Now, if Calipari could bring in that top flight talent, could he coach them to an NCAAT Title?

I say no. Prove me wrong Calipari! Prove me wrong!

Reactions: jace2012
Here’s the VERY sad truth. Cal is only a decent guy / coach when the cameras are on him. If he does any charity work or anything else positive he makes sure it’s put out to every possible media outlet on earth. That’s what an insincere person does. He could care less about BBN. He loves money and fame. The fans and media need to expose him for the phony he really is but that won’t happen. There’s just too many people who would give an arm and a leg to see UK play (or practice or eat a damn hamburger for that matter) to get the results we got when 36 fans showed up to see Joker off after being humiliated at home by Vandy. Vandy football is several notches above the mighty Peacocks that whipped our ass. He has UK and BBN right where he wants us and we get shitty basketball to look forward to while he continues to collect his 10 mil. This is so sad, wrong, unfair, and frustrating. I almost can’t believe he has almost single handedly ruined UK basketball.

$52,000,000.00. Let’s see who the liars are.

Which of you would forego that kind of cash to appease raving lunatics if your management was happy with your work?

Reactions: KMKAT
$52,000,000.00. Let’s see who the liars are.

Which of you would forego that kind of cash to appease raving lunatics if your management was happy with your work?
UK fans support UK sports more than anyone. The large majority of UK fans are good hard working people who for the most part have a tough time scraping up the money to go see them play, much less 52 mil. BASS- You’re gonna get your wish. You’re right. He’s going to get every penny he can and his contract shows a whole hell of a lot of money coming his way while BBN gets screwed. The fans are the ones to suffer. It doesn’t seem fair but you know the old saying … life ain’t fair.

UK fans support UK sports more than anyone. The large majority of UK fans are good hard working people who for the most part have a tough time scraping up the money to go see them play, much less 52 mil. BASS- You’re gonna get your wish. You’re right. He’s going to get every penny he can and his contract shows a whole hell of a lot of money coming his way while BBN gets screwed. The fans are the ones to suffer. It doesn’t seem fair but you know the old saying … life ain’t fair.
And so far not one single person has said they’d do any different. If they did, I think we’d know who’s lying. Yet they ask someone else to do it. Yeah I’m guessing that doesn’t sound hypocritical to you?

How much NCAA experience does Pete have?
I think the real issue is it put both teams on a more level platform. Neither team has been there. Only a senior that’s been at Kentucky 4 years or another team 4 years that made the tournament would have that experience. I personally think the lack of a crowd hurt in some games to motivate. The crowd can play a big part in games.

If he is "real" then he will retire. If he is the carnival barker that he now appears to be...he stays. Do the right thing Cal. Call it a career.
I think it is character that will keep him here. He will determine(on steroids) what needs to be done and make the adjustments. I do not know a positive characteristic trait that includes running away from a problem. I think You have Character and Quitter confused.

I think the real issue is it put both teams on a more level platform. Neither team has been there. Only a senior that’s been at Kentucky 4 years or another team 4 years that made the tournament would have that experience. I personally think the lack of a crowd hurt in some games to motivate. The crowd can play a big part in games.
Which we cannot get as long as we have this one-year-wonder crap. I mean would you like it if say, a major business/factory or some other "creating jobs for the area" sort of place came to your local town/city, but then packed up and left after a few years as soon as greener pastures opened up?

Yes I know there is a chance of getting hurt if a player sticks around another year or two and ends up lower on the draft board or doesn't make the NBA at all...but aren't the odds far greater that the extra year(s) of "seasoning" will help the player more than hurt the player in terms of their chances of having a longer/better NBA career (and yes more of what makes the world go 'round in the process).

I mean has Cal actually encouraged some players to stay and get more experience and the idea of winning a championship for us? I'd like to go back to the days of "when in doubt, stay in school"; observe...

You are a total idiot. Character? Give me a break. True fans support their teams. Just because you’re butthurt doesn't give you the right to call for the resignation of our HOF coach. Fans like you make me sick,

Sounds like when that day comes, and it will come, but not anytime soon, that not many will miss Cal.
It won't be an heir apparent now when there was a chance a KP could have been elevated into the position.

To me, its just not as important as it previously was. The traditions UK had as a basketball program are just about done away with.

Our early season schedule is a bore, and Cal simply doesn't want to compete in unique tournaments. When we go to the Bahamas, who are we going up against? It won't be other schools.

Now Cal is going to play nice with Louisville and not play to beat them.

The future is not bright whether OS or Sharpe comes back or not.

Stoops is snickering as he continues his climb to better days for football. Its not just a basketball school anymore.

Cals not resigning this year or being fired . But what you said is EXACTLY what people were saying the week tubby left . Your last statement is so stupid and foolish. There was an anonymous coaches survey published just a few months ago and KENTUCKY was voted as the best job in college basketball. This was college basketball coaches.

the problem with Cal is following the worst season any coach in the UK program has ever had, he swapped out coaches, swapped out players, got the NPOY, and put an experienced team on the floor

and he still couldn't win the SEC East, SEC Regular Season, SEC Tournament or get out of the first round of the NCAA tournament, resulting in the program being a national laughing stock.

When your AD says we aren't championship caliber basketball, and this was your best effort

what do you have left to offer?

the administration, fanbase and national media has no faith in your ability to turn this around. No AD of Kentucky should ever have to tell the fanbase that the program isn't a national championship contender. My interpretation is Mitch didn't present that as an abherattion or anomaly, it was directional.

Last edited:
I think it is character that will keep him here. He will determine(on steroids) what needs to be done and make the adjustments. I do not know a positive characteristic trait that includes running away from a problem. I think You have Character and Quitter confused.

It would take character to realize that the game has passed you by and that it is better for all concerned that he step aside. You do not understand that "quitting" can require character. More often quitting is done from cowardice. But for a guy that probably virtue-signals in the morning when he scrubs his teeth, quitting could be the ultimate sign of great character.

It would take character to realize that the game has passed you by and that it is better for all concerned that he step aside. You do not understand that "quitting" can require character. More often quitting is done from cowardice. But for a guy that probably virtue-signals in the morning when he scrubs his teeth, quitting could be the ultimate sign of great character.
I do not believe any coach determines, "the game has passed me by". They may retire due to the years they have coached or because they have somewhat lost interest in the endless cycle but not because they no longer can keep up with game.
It is amazing to me how many posters on this board feel they are at the top of their game. Most of them from my vantage point should show character, as you say, and quit posting. That includes me.

And so far not one single person has said they’d do any different. If they did, I think we’d know who’s lying. Yet they ask someone else to do it. Yeah I’m guessing that doesn’t sound hypocritical to you?
It’s just a bad situation for everyone involved. Unfortunately, the ‘little guy’ is going to lose and Cal will (someday) ride off into the sunset with all the money and the fans will be left with the mess he created. It is what it is and in the end it’s just a game. Gotta shake it off and move on.

Some of the people on here make themselves look like fools. A lot of folk were talking real heavy about the Kansas early exits and Duke early exits and had to swallow crow. I need to see the W/L records of the college coaches in this thread who all want Cal gone.

I'll wait.

Some of the people on here make themselves look like fools. A lot of folk were talking real heavy about the Kansas early exits and Duke early exits and had to swallow crow. I need to see the W/L records of the college coaches in this thread who all want Cal gone.

I'll wait.
you're going to sit at the keyboard staring at the computer screen until someone gives you that information?

For Cal to be successful he needs 5-7 5 Star recruits because as a coach who makes his players develop, he’s not.Coach K was the same way. Coaches who take inferior talent and makes them superior are few and far between. The coach of Baylor does however.
Took him 21 years at Baylor to get to the championship. LOL No thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT