ADVERTISEMENT

Does Anyone Know If Davis or Leary Have Another Year of Eligibility Should They decide To Return Next Year

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
Leary certainly has not had the kind of year he would have wanted to return pro and Davis might be on the small size for an NFL back in spite of his receiving skills. Does anyone of our message board members know if they have the possibility of returning with another year of eligibility?

Reactions: blubo
According to Stoops during his show tonight, Davis has another year of eligibility left. I imagine he’ll head to the NFL though. Leary does not unless he appeals for a medical waiver for his 4 game season in 2020 I believe it was. Also unlikely. M. Cox and E. Cox are both eligible to come back which would be huge for the Oline.

Girthang has spoken. Hopefully, there's another Leary and Davis out there in the portal.
Definitely will have to go that route because there's not a starter at QB or RB on the roster unless they're just saving Wilcox for next season..
The addition of Davis and Leary basically saved us from a dead last finish in the SEC.
Watching the game Saturday, I couldn't understand why McClain would even get a touch. It's just a wasted possession.

Davis needs to go, Leary needs to return if possible.

Cox and Cox returning would be nice, otherwise.... thoughts of '24 OL is depressing.

When is the last class for the COVID year?
If you played your first year in 2020, as did D’Erick Jackson, it counts for nothing.

If the same player played in less than 4 games in 2021, that would be a redshirt, leaving 22 through 25 as a four year career. D’ Jack played more than four games in ‘21, I’m certain, but a few around the country likely started in ‘20, played sparingly in ‘21, and can play through ‘25.

Reactions: ganner918
When is the last class for the COVID year?
Was explained pretty well above but the 2024 season will be the end for the majority of players - they'll have been able to play 2020, 21, 22, 23, and 24 since 2020 didn't count. There will be a small number of players who redshirt during their so/jr/sr year and get to play in 2025.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT