ADVERTISEMENT

Do you want Stoops gone?

Should this be his last year?

• Yes

Votes: 213 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 7.8%

• Total voters
The reality is we have been awful on the offensive side of the ball outside of a couple years the entire stoops era. We’ve had average to decent QB play once or twice. He’s never gotten that side right. In today’s game we need to be able to score points. Until that happens we’re screwed.

watched one of his recent interviews a week or so ago and it's clear to me he seems uninspired and just has that "whatever's clever trevor" attitude. and the team overall just looks small. our lines don't look like they used to at all. slow and weak.

Reactions: ManitouDan
JMHO and I can get roasted for it but this is as good as it gets at UK with any coach that would come here.

I am not defending Stoops and would be fine if he left. I just think this isn't a football school and it never will be. The main reason we even compete at the level we do is because of recruiting success of Stoops and Marrow, Ohio/Michigan relationships. They go, that's gone.

Totally get why people want him gone though. You can almost rinse and repeat every season.

I hope and pray we get kicked out of the SEC if that’s the case. Basketball is secondary and in some cases tertiary level in importance in this conference. I think we all know that.

At least Vanderbilt brings academics to the table.

My alma mater sucks at sports.

Last edited:
My issue isn't with an ego. It's a lack of discipline and seemingly being unprepared regularly. If we played really good fundamental football and yet struggled due to lack of talent then that'd be one thing, but it's not a lack of talent, at least not always. Rather it's making mistakes and not being well coached.
Bingo. Two words above stand out. Unprepared regularly.

Reactions: Farsight
I appreciate what Stoops has done for the program. I think he should be remembered fondly. I also think it’s time for some new life. If they get the hire right, they should be able to build on what stoops has started

Reactions: catben and Farsight
It seems he has upgraded our talent level but he doesn’t seem to know how to coach it up. He still makes the same mistakes he made in his first year so he doesn’t seem to learn from them. And the players are up talking trash to other team and then turn around and give up a 3 and long for a 1st down. That’s not just 1 game or 1 season. It’s all the time

They were considered one of the bottom feeders in the SEC. They were called a “sleeping giant”. Like KY.
The series between Florida and UK was basically equal until Florida ran off 31 in a row during their glory years and UK decided football wasn’t important and we should just focus on basketball.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT