ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think Tyler Ulis is being.....

Sep 1, 2019
Does anyone think Tyler Ulis is being groomed to one day in the future to taking over the head coaching job for UK?

I think he would eventually make a fine coach at UK, but would he have to prove himself elsewhere first?

He loves the UK program, there is no doubt about that. I always felt he would coach with a ton of intelligence and bring a lot of passion to the program

EDIT-- I should have made this clearer.

I know he is a graduate assistant now, but if he stayed at UK and worked his way up to the top assistant coach in 5- 6 years,

then the UK job became available-- would
the powers at be entrust the program to TU without any head coaching experience?

Or does he have to prove himself elsewhere first?

Last edited:
I love the guy but...
Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Does anyone think Tyler Ulis is being groomed to one day in the future to taking over the head coaching job for UK?

I think he would eventually make a fine coach at UK, but would he have to prove himself elsewhere first?

He loves the UK program, there is no doubt about that. I always felt he would coach with a ton of intelligence and bring a lot of passion to the program

I know he is a graduate assistant now, but if he stayed at UK and worked his way up to the top assistant coach in 5- 6 years,

the powers at be entrust the program to TU without any head coaching experience?

That’s way far away, he needs to be a real assistant first, then go to another team, then move to a small school head coach and work his way up. Maybe in 20 years yeah.

Reactions: darrellm1234

Hell No. last word I got he’s considering a sex change operation and he’s going to coach the girls team.

He'd get lost in the huddle. J/K

How vocal (loud) is he? I don't think anyone would be able to question his passion for the game and expectations for those under him and the program.

Reactions: darrellm1234
My initial reaction was no way. But after about 30 seconds I thought to myself, I’d rather have him coach next years team than Cow. And I’m dead serious. I think he would put more effort and utilize his assistants.

You don’t get your first head coaching job at Kentucky.
Kirby Smart had never been a head coach anywhere until he got the Georgia job. But he did have years of being an assistant coach as well as being a defensive coordinator under Saban. Even worked under Bobby Bowden.

I'm sure you are probably right though. Kentucky most definitely is a different situation.

I do hope one day down the line that Tyler Ulis sticks with it an can one day be a huge success as the UK head coach.

I always liked the way he carried himself as a player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT