ADVERTISEMENT

Do you know anyone who has been shit on a by a bird? (lifestyle question)

It'saDoneDeal

Junior
Jul 24, 2007
I'm kind of in a rut with podcasts right now, so lately for my daily walks with my dog I've just been zoning out and thinking about life's great questions, which led me to this. Just walking around the neighborhood, there are a ton of birds. "How many birds are there?" I asked Ask Jeeves. 50 billion. Wow, that's a lot of damn birds zooming around on the daily.

So I started thinking: I'm approaching 40 and I can't recall ever having a bird shit on me. Come to think of it, I don't know anyone who has been shatted on, at least no one who will fess up to it. Digging deeper, birds basically spend all day thinking about shitting. Their metabolic systems are so amped up that most small birds drop some butt blasters every 10 to 15 minutes. Even a large bird like a Pterodactyl is out there bringing the dungus amungus once every hour. That's a lot of poopies. And these little demons hardly sleep either. Some birds can still be flying while "technically" getting some shut eye, and they only sleep in short bursts. So you're telling me there are zombie birds just soaring around drooling and shitting everywhere while asleep? WTF Jeeves?

So doing the math, let's just say we have 12 hours of potential doodie action a day. If the average bird shits once every half hour, that's 24 scud rockets a day. If there are 50 billion birds that's 1.2 trillion shits a day. In a year that's 438,000,000,000,000 shits. That's 438 trillion tweetie turds every single year. How are we not just absolutely covered in bird shit anytime we step outside?

pigeon_poop_bird_poop_1538379303.jpg

This is the stuff I think about when walking my dog. I got to think I'm due at this point, right? In other words gang, what I'm trying to say is this: I really want a bird to shit in my mouth.

Happy Father's Day weekend everyone.

In ancient times there was a community known as the Goodnu's. As all communities did in these times the Goodnu's lived right on the river bank for trading, transportation and sustenance. Water was almighty and worshipped as a God. One day there was a tremendous hurricane far out in the ocean. It's ferocity blew a large flock of "Foo" birds way off course sending them inland many hundreds of miles and in the vicinity of the Goodnu's community. The Goodnu people had never seen a "Foo" bird and were quite curious as to it's sudden and obviously evil presence. The "Foo" bird, as we all know, is a very ugly, evil-looking bird. This caused the Goodnu people to become very uneasy believing they did something wrong to God and that this bird should be avoided. One day a "Foo" bird flew overhead and screeched: "Foo, Foo" and shit on a Goodnu's head. The man ran screaming into the river believing the Holy powers of the river would cleanse him of this evil turd and its consequences. As soon as the man washed this unholy turd from his ear canal he suddenly keeled over and died. The Goodnu's were now convinced of the "Foo" bird's evilness. The next day a woman was outside and heard: "Foo, Foo". Before she could react the "Foo" bird dropped a bomb landing a syrupy turd across her face. Shocked and panicked she ran into the river furiously washing her face of this sloppy stew. The village watched in horror as this woman also died once cleansed of the runny turd. The very next day a village wiseman heard those famous words: "Foo, Foo". He like others had witnessed the terrible deaths of two of his villages' people in the last two days. He too was struck right in the forehead by the "Foo" birds accurately guided turd missile. His first reaction was confusion and he sprinted towards the river. However, he stopped short and thought of his obvious demise should he cleanse the turd wafer from his forehead. He did not cleanse the poo pile from his forehead and lived. So the wiseman went to the other people of the village, gathered them around and stated to them: "There is an obvious lesson here my good people. The moral of this story is: 'If the Foo shits, wear it.'".

I've had a glop land on my shoe. Also had a childhood friend that was on vacation with his family standing in line at outside one of those tourist calabash seafood buffet places, and a sea gull unloaded a massive one right on his head.

So it does happen, albeit not as much as you'd think.

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
I've had a glop land on my shoe. Also had a childhood friend that was on vacation with his family standing in line at outside one of those tourist calabash seafood buffet places, and a sea gull unloaded a massive one right on his head.

So it does happen, albeit not as much as you'd think.

Oh man, I bet seagull splatter is rancid. A combo of dead fish, sunscreen, and fast food leftovers.

I’m currently out walking the doggo now and I don’t see one damn bird. A devious plan is clearly afoot.

Seagulls got me in Myrtle beach when I was about 14. I’m talking go back to the room and change my shirt bad.

happened to me twice in life

once around the age of ten while jumping OUT of a swing at full apogee - slimly bird scat suddenly on the shoulder (damn good aim though)

years later- while riding some stupid tilr a hurl ride with kids in georgia - bird pooped on my forehead two minutes into the experience

Appreciate y'all for sharing your personal experiences with bird shit. It had to be pretty cathartic to get that off your chest.. or face, or lips, or wherever else.

Wanna know why I never win the lottery? It's happened 3 times to me! Once, driving in my car with the window down!! The last time was just last week! Eff all them birds and their shitting everywhere! ( I think it's hereditary because Mom was a multiple victim also)

My brother when we were kids. It was spring, maybe April. Our family had gone fishing out on a lake in our pontoon boat, my brother was maybe 12. He was bent over trying to untangle a snag. Our little brother bumped into him and older bro went overboard.

Got back to the trailer, no dry clothes, but mom had some, so he had to wear those until we got home. We got home, cleaned up and decided to go out to Capt D’s for dinner (we didn’t catch many fish).

On the way to the restaurant, dad was smoking and had his window partially down. Bird flew by and splat. Missed dad but got my brother.

I have been shat on countless times by birds.

But then again, we had a few as pets when I was a kid, so it's not all that surprising.

Quite a few times actually. Usually while fishing rip rap under a bridge. Got hit twice last year. Once at Chickamagua and once at Douglas Lake.

Something quirky happened today and i wound up repeating my notes above to 2 my older brothers

Somehow felt essential to share that here

Also told the story about my sister rage puking on a fateful Scrambler ride decades ago -- the people's FACES , man ...

they'd fly past rapidly at crossing angles and rotating which carriages came closest to yours

The typical joyous cries & shouts fm that ride -- escalated into screams ---

"Carny" Ass-Adda Operator was not fully engaged & half waved to everyone as he ratcheted up the speed (and subsequent funnel cake medley smelling MACH3 Vomit

Theres more but i'd have to know u

• Haha
I somehow think catching 2 or 3 Fowl-Voids in a lifetime is statistically high --

Theres a startlingly High number of FINE UK fans in this thread......that have found themselves as the scat catcher

And the bkuejays around moms house - big SURLY ones that are going to be big trouble if they decide to start Stuka-Sharting ppl

We were on a family trip to San Diego, having lunch outside and waiting on our room. A bird shit on my wife lol. So the waitress came over, told us that was good luck. After lunch, we went to get our room. Our initial room had some kinda problem so we got upgraded. I guess our waitress was right.

Of course. I would think anybody who has spent time outdoors has. I don't remember the details because it never seemed like that big a deal.

I'm kind of in a rut with podcasts right now, so lately for my daily walks with my dog I've just been zoning out and thinking about life's great questions, which led me to this. Just walking around the neighborhood, there are a ton of birds. "How many birds are there?" I asked Ask Jeeves. 50 billion. Wow, that's a lot of damn birds zooming around on the daily.

So I started thinking: I'm approaching 40 and I can't recall ever having a bird shit on me. Come to think of it, I don't know anyone who has been shatted on, at least no one who will fess up to it. Digging deeper, birds basically spend all day thinking about shitting. Their metabolic systems are so amped up that most small birds drop some butt blasters every 10 to 15 minutes. Even a large bird like a Pterodactyl is out there bringing the dungus amungus once every hour. That's a lot of poopies. And these little demons hardly sleep either. Some birds can still be flying while "technically" getting some shut eye, and they only sleep in short bursts. So you're telling me there are zombie birds just soaring around drooling and shitting everywhere while asleep? WTF Jeeves?

So doing the math, let's just say we have 12 hours of potential doodie action a day. If the average bird shits once every half hour, that's 24 scud rockets a day. If there are 50 billion birds that's 1.2 trillion shits a day. In a year that's 438,000,000,000,000 shits. That's 438 trillion tweetie turds every single year. How are we not just absolutely covered in bird shit anytime we step outside?

pigeon_poop_bird_poop_1538379303.jpg

This is the stuff I think about when walking my dog. I got to think I'm due at this point, right? In other words gang, what I'm trying to say is this: I really want a bird to shit in my mouth.

Happy Father's Day weekend everyone.

What decade are we talking about? I kept a log...I do have to pin it down some...

Hadn't until last week and I find it comical that I just found my way to the Paddock and this topic is posted.

True story, was just in DC a week ago for a work internal QBR. After a meeting from 9a-11p (14 hours, dinner included) we called it a day. Next morning prior to flying home we had a team event...Segway Tour of DC, which BTW I highly recommend.

Anyhow, long story short we are about an hour into the tour and stop at one of the statues in a park...standing on Segway next to a business partner and a bird shits on his arm. We looked at each other and just started laughing. Fortunately he had some bottled water and a colleague had some purel...dude was a 2-3 ft from me...easily could have been me.

the last girl I dated was a smoker. One day we were hanging outside and a bird shit on her hand that was holding the cigarette. I really wish she had eaten the shit instead of wiping it off and throwing away the cigarette. Also I wish she was was dead.

Go big or go home

Hadn't until last week and I find it comical that I just found my way to the Paddock and this topic is posted.

True story, was just in DC a week ago for a work internal QBR. After a meeting from 9a-11p (14 hours, dinner included) we called it a day. Next morning prior to flying home we had a team event...Segway Tour of DC, which BTW I highly recommend.

Anyhow, long story short we are about an hour into the tour and stop at one of the statues in a park...standing on Segway next to a business partner and a bird shits on his arm. We looked at each other and just started laughing. Fortunately he had some bottled water and a colleague had some purel...dude was a 2-3 ft from me...easily could have been me.

picturing a bird shitting on your bald head while you’re riding a Segway is the stuff dreams are made of 😂

• Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
Yes, luckily I was wearing a hat so none of it actually got on my skin. It’s likely you know people that have had a bird shit on them. It’s not like people would break out their contact list and tell everyone they know that it happened. Lots of things happen to people you know that you never hear about.

Me. September 1991, in Hershey, PA. Second morning of a two week vacation. Got my head, shirt and shorts. Looked like poke berry purée. Didn’t see the bird.

I've received a lot of private messages over the past few months requesting updates on this, and I actually have some exciting news!

I was out walking the dog today and had an extremely close call. This beautiful bastard almost made my day:

KVUSMKQ.png

He was totally aiming for me and I would have been nailed if not for a little wind. Caught it out of the corner of my eye and it missed my right leg by inches. If only!

PhY07GE.jpeg

I walked under him a few more times staring up and begging for more, but no dice.

The quest continues...

Reactions: Mossip
Will never forget playing little league, I was playing short and my buddy was playing 3rd...he looked up and bird shit right on his face.

Just ace fighter pilot precision...just thinking that it had to wait or just be insane timing for him to look up otherwise it would hit the bill on his hat

• Haha
A gull on the beach and it was hilarious. Now, when I was tagged by a bird on a branch, not so much. But, the gull dropped the mother load!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT