ADVERTISEMENT

Do we go after Todd Golden?

I have NEVER understood the love for that dude by some on here.

The boringest brand of offense in the nation.

Some people just love that 50 point per game Tubby Ball.

I'm not one of them.

P.S. And, he seems to be a regular jerk.
I appreciate posts like this.

I have been one of those posters that was of the opinion I'd like him (perhaps) someday to come here and coach. A friend of mine basically said the same thing earlier this year to me, and now I see it here too.

It made me reconsider what I thought.

Looking at the style his teams employ, and rewatching more videos on his other teams, I can see what you mean. Add to the fact I softened my view over the allegations of his domestic situation, which was not a good thing, and I have to agree now.

Just because he has his teams winning is no reason in and of itself, to hire a coach. They laid a real clunker against the Vols yesterday, not a good look. It might be premature to use this game as fodder against him, but I definitely see what style he uses, and I don't want that anywhere near Kentucky.

As long as Coach Cal can keep delivering this kind of entertaining, fun to watch style that he and his other coaches have instilled into this team, I'm all for keeping coach Cal. Doesn't mean I won't be critical of him, I just want to see a fun team to watch instead of how it had been the past few years. It had lost a lot of luster for me.

We should go after Oliver Purnell. he won that game that one time.
hqdefault.jpg

And sold a lot of sausage.

I like Lloyd, Sweet 16, 33 wins and won the Pac-12 in his 1st year, 28 wins last year. Don't ever want to see the domestic abuser Chris Beard here. Dusty May is another one I like.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Based on the evidence there's a strong likelihood he's a domestic abusing scumbag. There's enough smoke with him regarding this I don't want him anywhere near the program.
Charges were dropped the next morning, I know the optics and I know the situation. He's not a bad guy and the situation did not happen as was reported. But I do understand and respect your view.

Charges were dropped the next morning, I know the optics and I know the situation. He's not a bad guy and the situation did not happen as was reported. But I do understand and respect your view.
The charges were not dropped the next morning. They were dropped two months later after his fiancee refused to cooperate, which is often what happens when rich, powerful people abuse their spouses. The police report has details on what the police who responded actually saw. It's not pretty.

He sounded like me if I was out there coaching when they cut to his “mic’d up” during the game.. which isn’t a compliment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT