ADVERTISEMENT

Do this if you want Barnhart and Pope gone!

Don't make any donations to the NIL. Don't make any donations to the University. Don't go to the basketball camps. Don't spend anything on any UK merchandise. Definitely don't go to the games. Don't watch the games on TV so the ratings of the games are at an all time low. Don't respond or like any posts by UK's official media or other media about UK basketball. Literally act like UK basketball doesn't exist anymore. If they see a huge decrease in TV ratings and revenue the boosters will get Barnhart and Pope fired.
And most importantly, stay off of the fan message boards.

Yea that will help our program. Great plan! Don’t even give the guy a chance. Makes sense to me.
I’m assuming he’s being sarcastic. Because doing so would get rid of the fans who aren’t on board. That was his point. Do we really need a /s for this.

Bumping this thread is simply a revisionist exercise. A LOT of people on here were like the OP. You went to the pep rally, and then changed your tune. Kind of hypocritical,

Don't make any donations to the NIL. Don't make any donations to the University. Don't go to the basketball camps. Don't spend anything on any UK merchandise. Definitely don't go to the games. Don't watch the games on TV so the ratings of the games are at an all time low. Don't respond or like any posts by UK's official media or other media about UK basketball. Literally act like UK basketball doesn't exist anymore. If they see a huge decrease in TV ratings and revenue the boosters will get Barnhart and Pope fired.
And, do not listen to any guideance from a fake fan.

Truth is a lot of us were shocked at this hire, and some were REALLY loud about it. Kinda goes with social media these days.

We don't know how it's going to work out. We HOPE it will be similar to Pitino. We can FEAR it will be like Joker Phillips.

Just don't know yet. Pope certainly brings a lot of energy, a fresh outlook and certainly an appreciation of the program, and I doubt he and Barnhart get to cross hairs very often. And honestly, he brings NO record of tourney success. BUT it's a change of direction in a really bizarre world of NIL and unlimited transfer.
I like the things he says, I like what he wants to bring to the table.
I know we all want Pope to succeed. Fingers crossed.

The craziest reactions to this hire were from some of my fellow Cal-haters.

I was so ready and excited for a new coach I would have been happy with the corpse of Rick Majerus.

They are not firing anyone , Pope is doing a great job. Go get a life somewhere, no more negative posts.

Do this if you want the OP gone,

Klea Mateja GIF - Klea Mateja Lena GIFs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT