ADVERTISEMENT

Do this if you want Barnhart and Pope gone!

Bigkyfan10

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2005
Don't make any donations to the NIL. Don't make any donations to the University. Don't go to the basketball camps. Don't spend anything on any UK merchandise. Definitely don't go to the games. Don't watch the games on TV so the ratings of the games are at an all time low. Don't respond or like any posts by UK's official media or other media about UK basketball. Literally act like UK basketball doesn't exist anymore. If they see a huge decrease in TV ratings and revenue the boosters will get Barnhart and Pope fired.

They confirmed already on HOB that Donvan's job in the NBA is not at risk, at all.

This seems like a great way to make sure Kentucky turns into Indiana: throw tantrums when you don't get the coach you want and withhold your $50 NIL donation.
It's quite the opposite actually. People throw tantrums when they are experiencing a great deal of emotions or distress. I feel nothing. I feel apathetic. I want to act logically. And I know watching the games will make me mad and not enjoy my free time. So instead of being miserable watching the games I will use that free time to do things that I enjoy like watching UK football, OSU football, Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, LeBron/AD/Booker, Woods/Koepka. Not to mention I will hang out with friends, go to the movies, and play some video games. What I won't do is support ignorance.

This seems like a great way to make sure Kentucky turns into Indiana: throw tantrums when you don't get the coach you want and withhold your $50 NIL donation.
He does this we are set back the next 7 to 8 years. I honestly think they have lostctheir damn mind...the whole freaking UK administration.
My God what a pathetic horrible hire. Pope isn't ready yet and Barnfart has set him up to fail.

No, that is the basketball equivalent of shouting "Death to America" to me.

I'll support Pope a hundred and ten percent until he himself gives reason not to but Mitch better hope he is going to make folks forget sliced bread forever and even if he does the process is at least beyond suspect.

Reactions: Fox2monk and KFuqua
The sad part is that you're not smart enough to realize that this attitude is why it's so hard to hire a coach for this program.
No it's hard to hire a coach because the fans that are idiots and track down airplanes and call restaurants non stop when a possible coach is eating dinner with a friend. It's also the idiots you were bitching and complaining about hiring Scott Drew because he isn't "good enough" and making fun of his faith.

It's quite the opposite actually. People throw tantrums when they are experiencing a great deal of emotions or distress. I feel nothing. I feel apathetic. I want to act logically. And I know watching the games will make me mad and not enjoy my free time. So instead of being miserable watching the games I will use that free time to do things that I enjoy like watching UK football, OSU football, Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, LeBron/AD/Booker, Woods/Koepka. Not to mention I will hang out with friends, go to the movies, and play some video games. What I won't do is support ignorance.
Whatever will you do without those #1 recruiting classes and the green room in June? Clown.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Kl GIF - Kl GIFs

Don't make any donations to the NIL. Don't make any donations to the University. Don't go to the basketball camps. Don't spend anything on any UK merchandise. Definitely don't go to the games. Don't watch the games on TV so the ratings of the games are at an all time low. Don't respond or like any posts by UK's official media or other media about UK basketball. Literally act like UK basketball doesn't exist anymore. If they see a huge decrease in TV ratings and revenue the boosters will get Barnhart and Pope fired.
Could you test the possibility of holding your breath for 30 minutes?

No.

What is wrong with you? Did you forget to take your meds? If you don't enjoy UK men's basketball, just quit watching.

I’m willing to give Pope a shot, but would love Barnhart to leave! All he does is give out awful contracts.
We got the coach that we need. It is way past time for us to start hiring one of our own. Unfortunately, Cal made that nearly impossible because he didn't develop a single assistant coach into head coaching material which should tell you what the college basketball world really thought about him. and his system.

You mean like this?
mark-pope-press-conference-kentucky-fans.png

• Haha
Reactions: 83Cat and cathouse
Donovan, Pearl, Beard, Miller, Smart, and Pitino would all make more sense.

Donovan said no twice and it would have been thrice if given the chance 😜

Pearl has been coaching for decades in Power 5 and has more probations/punishments than FF. He is nearly 65.

Beard is a wife beater.

Miller (I actually like him) but he too has won nothing and comes with baggage as well.

Smart (Shaka?)...he couldn't even handle the pressure of Texas

Pitino...can't disagree but it would have never happened and probably for the best. If he crashes and burned here it would have tarnished what he'd achieved previously.

It was either Pope or maybe you take a flyer on Tommy Lloyd or some NBA re-tread/up and comer. He took the shot at Drew and Hurley...

Pope is working his butt off for his university. Brings in one of the very best coaching staffs in the country. Is getting some great players even though he is not a hall of fame coach. What if all this hard work pays off and we are a much better program every year? What kind of person would not at least give him a chance? A guy that works this hard and cares this much deserves a chance. Already recruiting 5 star players for next season. What more do you want the guy to do? Only thing left is producing on the court. Wait till then to critique the guy.

Kind of an odd time to call for Barnharts head. I know he has done his fair share of stupid decisions. But right now he brings in the hottest womens coach. Brings in a mens coach that cares about it as much as we do. Don't think he was allowed to bring in two or three coaches with stained pasts? Football program has reached heights unseen in history. As long as the programs are doing well careful not to upset the cart.

Gone, I want your ass gone. Ignore such a foolish take.

Pope is working his butt off for his university. Brings in one of the very best coaching staffs in the country. Is getting some great players even though he is not a hall of fame coach. What if all this hard work pays off and we are a much better program every year? What kind of person would not at least give him a chance? A guy that works this hard and cares this much deserves a chance. Already recruiting 5 star players for next season. What more do you want the guy to do? Only thing left is producing on the court. Wait till then to critique the guy.

Kind of an odd time to call for Barnharts head. I know he has done his fair share of stupid decisions. But right now he brings in the hottest womens coach. Brings in a mens coach that cares about it as much as we do. Don't think he was allowed to bring in two or three coaches with stained pasts? Football program has reached heights unseen in history. As long as the programs are doing well careful not to upset the cart.
This thread originated on April 11. Knee jerk reaction to the pope hire I guess

Several "knee jerk"/"weeping and gnashing of teeth" reactions, suicides, etc. Typical stuff.

Last edited:
I admit when Pope was hired I was in abandon all hope mode for about a day. Got better after the Rupp rally a little then seeing how hard he works and how much appreciation he jas for program...... I want give him a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT