ADVERTISEMENT

Do It For Yourself!

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
If you've got the time. Stop listening to all these "pundits" and do it for yourself. I watched the Y play Baylor, KU, NCSt and Houston on YouTube yesterday. No commercials or anything. If you come away thinking that MB didn't make an excellent decision then I can't help ya. If BBN gets behind this man I think the future is bright and UK basketball is in great hands. 👍

I am more than willing to give him that opportunity to succeed and has my support. He will have much better recruits to win with than he had to work with at BYU, a larger NIL pool than Calipari over $4.1 million to work with and has Rick Pitino in his corner to mentor him. I don't think Pitino will let him fail if he can help it giving Pope sound advice along the way. Beat Baylor, Kansas, NC State, San Diego State, Kansas State, Iowa State and a decent TCU team in the first year playing in the Big 12 with that roster is impressive. Not to mention the exciting style of play Pope will bring to Lexington. Ready for BBM, the B/W game and the exhibitions!

Watching the byu kansas game now. Coach Pope has used at least 4 defenses and switching up. Using his bench also. Game is at kansas. Announcers said byu used mostly man to.man last 2 games. Using multiple defenses this game

If you've got the time. Stop listening to all these "pundits" and do it for yourself. I watched the Y play Baylor, KU, NCSt and Houston on YouTube yesterday. No commercials or anything. If you come away thinking that MB didn't make an excellent decision then I can't help ya. If BBN gets behind this man I think the future is bright and UK basketball is in great hands. 👍
Exactly. It wasn't until I did a little digging and listening to opposing coaches talk about how difficult it is to defend against the system Pope runs, did I finally begin to see the upside. We've had our expectations and aspirations for a consistent winner at UK trashed for so long, we couldn't see possibilities and potential. Personally, after being disappointed with the announcement, I'm as pumped as I've ever been. Can't wait!!

Reactions: sefleming
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT