ADVERTISEMENT

Do celebrities public political statements influence you?

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
I’m not sure what to think about why we continue to see a rise in every celebrity from actors to singing artists to restaurant owners feeling the need to publically announce their politics. Some in such a mean spirited manner. Is their opinion so much more valuable or informed than ours? I can’t watch the Emmys or any award shows without cringing at the self importance exhibited by the participants. Jesus just say thanks to the fans and move on.

I’m not sure what to think about why we continue to see a rise in every celebrity from actors to singing artists to restaurant owners feeling the need to publically announce their politics. Some in such a mean spirited manner. Is their opinion so much more valuable or informed than ours? I can’t watch the Emmys or any award shows without cringing at the self importance exhibited by the participants. Jesus just say thanks to the fans and move on.
I haven’t watched televison in over a year, I get all media I need from this board.

I honestly can't tell you the last non Star Wars related movie that I have seen. Not just in the theaters, but on demand a month later, on Netflix 3 months later or on cable TV a year later. Anchorman 2 is my best guess.

Kanye was an idiot when he mocked Bush, He was an idiot when he stormed the stage for Swift's award, and he's still an idiot meeting with Trump.

But his first 2 albums were classics. Even the few after that were great.

Reactions: wildcatdonf

It influences which movies I will no longer watch.

yes it can quickly land the celeb on my do not watch do not listen list. Exception are those who have done too much lsd. I don’t give a crap what they say bc they don’t even know what they’re saying

Reactions: wildcatdonf
Dems been pushing talking points to celebrities bc they know they're too damn dumb to question them.

Celebrities arent any more educated on anything than any normal person, if anything they are just out if touch with how real ppl live and think anything disguised with feelings is effective bc they dont have to worry about anything. That's all dem policy is..shit policy disguised as feelings and big hearts that ignores real life effectiveness and unintended consequences.

The last Colin Kapernick thread went 24 pages before being euthanized. You know how many naughty teachers worth of keyboard pounding that takes? At least 24! Nothing compares to celebrities mixed with politics here.

As for me, I just can't care about the opinion of someone I don't know. I'm absolutely sick of all the hoopla about boycotting, brigading, supporting, or anything else someone comes up with. I still dislike Taylor Swift and Kanye as much as ever.

Reactions: homeytheclown
Oh I can't wait to be told by some illiterate rock star how to vote. A "star" that can't put two sentences together even when reading a teleprompter. That is the person I follow when it comes to matters involving my bank account and well being. Yep thank God for for the celebrities, how could we run our country without them?

Dems been pushing talking points to celebrities bc they know they're too damn dumb to question them.

Celebrities arent any more educated on anything than any normal person, if anything they are just out if touch with how real ppl live and think anything disguised with feelings is effective bc they dont have to worry about anything. That's all dem policy is..shit policy disguised as feelings and big hearts that ignores real life effectiveness and unintended consequences.

There’s a reason why the church of Scientology focused on Hollywood. Lol

When I want to be entertained, I'll pay a celebrity for their services. I don't consider political indoctrination, especially the spreading of insane leftist propaganda with the purpose of conversion, to be entertainment.

It's like paying for entertainment, but being forced to sit through a religious sermon that seeks to socially engineer my values according to an agenda of which I don't accept or agree.

My mind won't be held hostage for the sake of a little entertainment. It's not only an insult to my intelligence, it's extremely low class and disgusting.

I always get my opinions from Darryl. Not Larry or Darryl.

AccurateUntriedDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

Oh I can't wait to be told by some illiterate rock star how to vote. A "star" that can't put two sentences together even when reading a teleprompter. That is the person I follow when it comes to matters involving my bank account and well being. Yep thank God for for the celebrities, how could we run our country without them?
This.

Entertainers are some of the least educated, stupidest touches on the planet. Oh they're not high on heroin and coke at the moment, let's look to them for political insight.

Pass.

Reactions: P19978
ONLY IF THEIR WORLDVIEW MATCHES MINE.

Seriously, no, I don't give shit what Taylor Swift, Kanye West, Ashley Judd, Hank Williams Jr., Kathy Griffin, James Woods, Matt Damon or Ted Nugent thinks about anything.

Last edited:
They make me vote opposite them. They never seem to know what they are talking about and make baseless claims.

Hard to take their political beliefs/statements seriously. It's all about falling in line in their world. Their careers depend on ass kissing and being with the in-crowd.

When the entertainment industry at all levels is liberal it's very hard to not play along.

I mean, look at Kanye. Poor guy has a meeting with Trump and people are dehumanizing him, discrediting him as a dude as well as a black man, and basically saying he needs to be in a psych ward. Dude on CNN even said Kanye's dead mother would be disappointed...think about that for a minute...think how low that is...

Pretty simple really. If anybody answers “yes” they are a cot dam imbecile and might as well have a hook through their nose so they can be more easily led to the polls to vote.

That’s all I can offer on the subject.

Reactions: homeytheclown
No, they don't influence my opinion, just like the countless mothertouching political signs littering the landscape and the mind numbing politard ads from both sides don't influence my opinion either. Politicians should have to pay $100 to a charity for every touching sign they put out on public property.

Nothing sadder than people declaring celebrities don't sway your thinking. Congratulations on missing the point. You haven't shown some great independence or intelligence. Just that you don't understand how you're being manipulated.

The point isn't to change your mind. It's one of a dozen ways to get you to act. Advertising/endorsements isn't to make you think McDonald's is good food. But if you're hungry and see one, go ahead and pull in. It'll be ok. The opportunity will present itself, and advertising has greased the wheels. Good knows we don't eat it, or drink Budweiser because we think it's good.

That's all celebrity endorsements are for. I already believe immigrants is preventing the millionaires from hiring me to mine coal for them. Kid Rock don't need to change my mind on that. But he is the 5th reminder today of the name of the guy I should vote for who will change all that.

Only if they support the right to bear arms.

I think what gives celebrities their percieved credibility is their audience. They aren't any more (maybe less) knowlegeable than Joe The Plumber... But whereas Joe only has a few that listen to him, the celebrity has thousands if not millions that will follow a pretty face.

Yes. I double up in laughter about 90% of the time. Better than any TV supposed-comedy.

ADVERTISEMENT