ADVERTISEMENT

DJ is a Dog

Jan 5, 2018
Watching some DJ Wagner interviews now, as I really was focused on the current team until the little guy cooked us. Dude is genuinely focused on competing and being a winner. Tonight shows he walks the talk. Great anchor for the freshmen.

We don't need Dogs we need DUDES can't have enough DUDES
I seen the DUDES last night. We won't have no more problems with Kansas State. Lol.

Playing in the McDonald's game is one thing but dominating the damn thing.... well that's a super huge good omen.

College basketball took a year off. It won't be taking a year off next year.

No. Sir. We. wont.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Wagner looked good, and I think "dog" (got some attitude & fight in him) is a good description. His 3pt shot does need a bit of work, shoots it too flat. But he can penetrate like we've not seen in awhile.

Edwards is the real deal. Better than I thought. Not dominating, but very smooth. I would not be shocked to see him give us close to a Brandon Miller type season.

Bradshaw is weak. Skilled but weak. After watching him, I do think he needs to be a 4 not a 5. Unless our 4 is a great rebounder, then he could be the 5.

Sheppard is not explosive like his dad was, but athletic enough, and he just plays really smart and doesn't seem to get rushed or out of control. Really liked that 5 min stretch where he had 2 steals, 1 dunk, 3 assists. Didn't get to see him shoot, but I expect that is solid.

Too bad we couldn't see Dillingham too.

The best thing I saw of him is how when an ASG was on the line, he wanted to win and wanted the ball in his hands. And all his teammates knew where the ball should be. That means they know he’s a dog too. Alpha mentality.

The best thing I saw of him is how when an ASG was on the line, he wanted to win and wanted the ball in his hands. And all his teammates knew where the ball should be. That means they know he’s a dog too. Alpha mentality.
Exactly. Everyone deferred to him and knew it was his time. And he wanted it. Last few years it's felt like UK had nobody like that.

Loved how he was excited to go to the FT line to try to seal it - and he made both, whereas Collier went 5-12 and blew his chance at the FT line for the West.

If the game is on the line, Wagner is going to get the ball.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT