ADVERTISEMENT

Dino Gaudio confronted Mack about violations

Mack will just say "We knew what the issue was and he's no longer here"--referring to Luke Murray who is now at UConn. That's how this game is played. Turn on people who work for you, blame everyone, pretend you have no clue unless it's some bitch fest with the media, then act like a tyrannical overlord who knows all. Rinse, repeat.

Little Brother the sewer of College Basketball
I myself despise duke much worse than lousiville. Louisville is far far from my favorite but I can't stand duke and all this crap of how great their coach is when the guy has won 2 acc regular season titles in the last 20 years, that's right 2. To me that does not spell awsomeness.

I myself despise duke much worse than lousiville. Louisville is far far from my favorite but I can't stand duke and all this crap of how great their coach is when the guy has won 2 acc regular season titles in the last 20 years, that's right 2. To me that does not spell awsomeness.
I thought there was no way this could be true. Looked it up, and damn if you ain’t right. Duke won ACC regular season championships in ‘04, ‘06 and ‘10. So one in 15 years. Yikes!

The KSR article is strange, they talk about how "On March 14, coaches and players gathered to watch the NCAA Tournament Selection Show", and this is implied to have happened in 2020, but there was no selection show in 2020. Maybe its just poorly written.

Reactions: chroix and Fox2monk
That's going to spell trouble down the road if Mack is willing to cheat on things that involve heath and safety protocols. That tells me he has no limit and no depth he could reach before he'll stop trying to skirt the rules.

At least UofL got someone with comparable dignity to their previous hires. I can respect building a brand.

Reactions: Montana81
It is amazing how a program like UL that should have faced a possible permanant ban goes and hires a replacement that does things like what has been described. Unless recruits and their family are totally ignorant to media reports (or fall into everything is a conspiracy) how could anyone accept a scholarship to this program or play for this coach?

Mack going to pull scholarships because players are not as good as HE evaluated
the more Mack talks the more he shows what kind of person he really is
A “Louisville man” through and through.

72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

It really is almost comical what Louisville has become. I can remember when Pitino first went to Louisville I was so worried about what they would become and how the balance of power seemed likely to shift. At the time, we had Tubby Smith of course, and I was always worried about our lack of recruiting and how the program had seen a drop-off in quality. Meanwhile, Louisville seemed on an upward trend and the future seemed bright. I thought it was almost a certainty that Louisville would beat UK on a regular basis. It's crazy what they've become now.

The irony here is that when Calipari came to UK all the accusations and insinuations from Louisville fans was that UK would do anything to win and that Calipari was surely cheating and it would only be a matter of time before Kentucky would be in hot water for violations on a regular basis. So, all these years later, Calipari has kept UK out of hot water and running a clean program and Louisville is the program that has tried multiple desperate schemes to maintain its program and scandal after scandal keep coming out. We thought it would end with Pitino but the hits just keep coming.

Sad thing for Louisville fans is this: despite the ongoing scandals and cheating, UK has consistently beaten the Cards and there never was a significant shift in the series. So, they cheat and they still lose.

Q. What's better than a subscription to the Jelly of the Month Club?
A. U of LOL The gift that keeps on giving.

• Haha
Reactions: IL Wildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT