ADVERTISEMENT

Did we end the game with 3 timeouts on the clock?

I think that's a stretch to criticize. There were enough commercials and other time outs.

I don’t recall a timeout being called. Stoops in game management has always left a lot to be desired. Playing straight up defense on 3rd and 18 likely seals the game for us though instead of the soft zone 3 man rush we opted for. He acknowledged after the game things need to change but been this way for a long time, he’s incapable of changing. We are stuck with a spineless turd !!!

Our defense played lots of minutes in the fourth quarter.
as the game was ending and we weren’t stopping them, were our defensive backs gassed.
WHY DID WE NOT TAKE A TIMEOUT, OR TWO OR THREE???? Coaching failure to me. .
Yes and I was yelling at the TV to call one or two on the last drive to get regrouped, especially on the last play when we got a look at their first choice of attack.

And I know we didnt want to help them by stopping the clock but we didnt have too, there were plenty of dead clock opportunities to call the time out and rest and regroup.

3rd/18 screamed for a UK timeout as did their TD to win it. Clemson had like 12 seconds and a timeout from the 1 or 2 whatever it was, it was clear they'd run their 230 lb RB Mahfa....UK should've had a Jumbo package but instead played straight up with predictable results.

I though we definitely should of called a timeout on the 4th and 2. That play was the ball game.

Our defense played lots of minutes in the fourth quarter.
as the game was ending and we weren’t stopping them, were our defensive backs gassed.
WHY DID WE NOT TAKE A TIMEOUT, OR TWO OR THREE???? Coaching failure to me. .
Cmon why are we going to call a timeout when we are trying to run out the clock. Stoops would have been stupid to call a timeout anywhere on the drive except when they hit the red zone. If you want to criticize something it was when we did not send the house on 3rd and 18.

Cmon why are we going to call a timeout when we are trying to run out the clock. Stoops would have been stupid to call a timeout anywhere on the drive except when they hit the red
There were at least 6 times the clock was stopped on that last drive.

At least twice when Clemson caught passes and ran out of bounds. Also 3-4 times on first downs. The clock also stopped on the intentional grounding penalty.

If the defense was gassed as everyone is saying, either of those clock stoppages would have been a great time to call a timeout and give the defense a breather and just maybe regroup and change the defense that clearly wasn't working.

I really think the defense was more confused than gassed. Either way, there should have been at least two timeouts called during that drive.

And neither of them would have given Clemson another second of playclock.

At least twice when Clemson caught passes and ran out of bounds. Also 3-4 times on first downs. The clock also stopped on the intentional grounding penalty.

If the defense was gassed as everyone is saying, either of those clock stoppages would have been a great time to call a timeout and give the defense a breather and just maybe regroup and change the defense that clearly wasn't working.

I really think the defense was more confused than gassed. Either way, there should have been at least two timeouts called during that drive.

Valid points.

Completely agree.

The D was clearly rattled or gassed or both after the Clemson 3&18 play and then the 4&2 conversion.

I don’t care if it would have stopped the clock or not, the players on the field needed their coach to step in.

The excuse after the game of “we were playing 2 young backups at that point” would be even more reason to use your timeouts to make sure these inexperienced players know what they are doing.

Completely agree.

The D was clearly rattled or gassed or both after the Clemson 3&18 play and then the 4&2 conversion.

I don’t care if it would have stopped the clock or not, the players on the field needed their coach to step in.

The excuse after the game of “we were playing 2 young backups at that point” would be even more reason to use your timeouts to make sure these inexperienced players know what they are doing.
CMS explanation for playing soft made his decision to not rush the QB look even worse.

Didn't do himself any favors saying that.

CMS knows he choked that game away.

stop with that coaching common sense bs

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
I think that's a stretch to criticize. There were enough commercials and other time outs.
Did you play football?
You call the timeouts at appropriate times Depending on what you need. Once they come out to the line of scrimmage and you want to see their formation, then you make them change it or you are set if they keep it. It’s a game of chess, you don’t sit with your wildcards. In regard to all the game stoppages, more discussion time is generally pretty dang important, plus you give your guys a chance to catch an additional breath.
I am being critical, they blew a chance to alter what was the impending outcome and certainly left money in the table….
That is just terrible management, not taking advantage of opportunities to impact n outcome.

Reactions: cathouse
Beyond terrible coaching to NOT use a timeout at the end to get at least one more defensive lineman in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT