ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone hear Coach K on the Dan Patrick show?

Exactly.

He's Bob Knight with the ability to play nice with the media.

But he doesn't even play that nice. They've been doing those end of the first half coach interviews for a while now.

Every coach does them except K. I mean, K occasionally does them, but rarely.

Here's what he had to say about them in 2011:

“A coaches’ responsibility from the time you talk to [the team] in the locker room before the game, until the time you talk to them in the locker room after the game is sacred for you and your team. Anything you do outside of that in college sports I think is wrong.”

Which is a perfectly valid opinion. But obviously these networks pay billions for broadcast rights, and part of the deal is a couple of questions with the coach at halftime. Everyone but K plays along, but no one ever calls him on it.

Thanks. Call me most anything and I'll answer. Just don't call me late for supper.

You remind me of Yoda....:rolleyes: (In the mood of Don't Taze me Bro..) Don't ban me Bro/ Mod,....whatever.. :oops:

That's still a pretty great team. Allen, for as exposed as he's been the early going, WAS injured. Kennard is getting going, Jackson had one of the best freshman starts. And Jefferson is as reliable as it gets. Yes, very thin, but that's still a great team with a good amount of room to grow. Wall and Co. struggled to beat Cleveland State.
Okay, but if Wall's team is the standard, this UK team is on a similar trajectory as them, but they're a clear step down from 12 or 15.

That's not what we were promised about this Duke team. Very disappointing.

I have a question ? Did he do this tripping in HS or did he learn this at Duke ? I hope this makes Duke looked bad to recruits.

Okay, but if Wall's team is the standard, this UK team is on a similar trajectory as them, but they're a clear step down from 12 or 15.

That's not what we were promised about this Duke team. Very disappointing.

Well, I think part of the Duke slurpfest was with a health Bolden and Tatum, and the thought that Giles was just going to be his same old self despite having DeJuan Blair knees.

Had all three been good to go.. or even Bolden and Tatum from the start, Duke is probably without a loss and #1.

I think it's pretty evident I hate Duke as much as anyone here. Just calling it like I see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT