ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone hear Coach K on the Dan Patrick show?

Apr 4, 2006
I am at work and can't post the link but it's on KSR. He gets very defensive and aggressive against Dan Patrick. It was funny to hear the Pope get his panties in a wad.

God let's hope this derails their team and puts his ass in a nursing home.
Luke Kennard had a quote after the game last night which was a thinly veiled shot at their team chemistry not being the best right now. Not enough shots to go around now that Tatum and Bolden are back.

Funny about the Kennard comment. It's probably nothing.

But Duke was still a great team even without the trio of freshman. There was familiarity between Allen, Kennard, Jefferson and Jones.. All those guys earned their time, most sitting out a year or two. And then you see the trio on the bench having fun. They come in, chemistry is thrown off. It sort of feels like two different teams right now. Like what Kentucky's 38-0 roster might have become if Cal wasn't an absolutely ego-stopper.

Reactions: jarms24
Funny about the Kennard comment. It's probably nothing.

But Duke was still a great team even without the trio of freshman. There was familiarity between Allen, Kennard, Jefferson and Jones.. All those guys earned their time, most sitting out a year or two. And then you see the trio on the bench having fun. They come in, chemistry is thrown off. It sort of feels like two different teams right now. Like what Kentucky's 38-0 roster might have become if Cal wasn't an absolutely ego-stopper.
If duke is a great team they would not have struggled to beat Tennessee State

That's still a pretty great team. Allen, for as exposed as he's been the early going, WAS injured. Kennard is getting going, Jackson had one of the best freshman starts. And Jefferson is as reliable as it gets. Yes, very thin, but that's still a great team with a good amount of room to grow. Wall and Co. struggled to beat Cleveland State.

Luke Kennard had a quote after the game last night which was a thinly veiled shot at their team chemistry not being the best right now. Not enough shots to go around now that Tatum and Bolden are back.
Cal shines at blending all these super egos....I would say that would not be an easy task, K probably will not do as well at that part as he has been used to being in total control versus Cals "players first" motto. Cal is the master over K at that.

Those videos...

200.gif

Like I said.. that is scary.. absolutely scary..

1st video 1:15 in.

DP: "How does he explain the tripping?"
K: ".. well, how do you explain any mistake you make?"
DP: "well but it's three times now s.." (cut off)
K: "no no, tell me you haven't made a mistake three times?"

No words..

I listened. I don't know when I've more bullshit than that. Allen will play after one game unless the ACC steps in and does the right thing. Something K is not going to do.

That's still a pretty great team. Allen, for as exposed as he's been the early going, WAS injured. Kennard is getting going, Jackson had one of the best freshman starts. And Jefferson is as reliable as it gets. Yes, very thin, but that's still a great team with a good amount of room to grow. Wall and Co. struggled to beat Cleveland State.
I think you are talking about Miami OH, they won that game on a last second shot by Wall, which was their 2 college game as uk players. They won by 23 against Cleveland St. As far as Allen if was injured why play, why not sit out until healthy. This is also atleast 3 times that he has got caught tripping somebody and he's a senior.

Kudos.. missed that. But they needed Allen. He was pretty solid against most teams last year. He's not MVP worthy (lmao at Duke fans who thought so).. but he's pretty steady for the most part. With already 3 injuries and Jefferson coming off of injury.. they needed Allen.

K is learning first hand that managing an all star team of first round draft picks isn't so easy. Calipari is masterful at that - the 2015 team being the best example....

They have not looked good at all. Jackson is NOT the best freshman. Kennard & Jefferson have carried this team so far.

First of all, the trips are not mistakes. They were intentional. Secondly, the one last night was aimed at the back of the knee and was meant to injure. A kick in that area, at best, collapses the knee and caused a hard fall, which it did. At worst, it can cause structural damage, depending on the position of the knee and the strength of the kick.
Grayson will at some point injure a player if he is allowed to continue to play the way he does.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Dan is so uncomfortable during that bs speech squirming in his chair. You can tell he wants to call bull s***. If he were really doing what graci needs he would put him in a locked room with those he tripped and shut the door!

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I said all along I was glad we missed out on Tatum. You can tell he is the type of guy that is going to make himself look good at the expense of the team. He takes tons of shots and a lot of times they are bad shots not in the flow of the game.

Let's call a spade a spade since we are not the media that is slurping the Coach K man kool aid, if Coach K has a good white guy he will run the offense through him. Rupp has been given the racist label for years but show me an elite coach who recruits and plays white guys more than coach K in this day and time. With Allen and Kennard on the team you knew K would run most of the offense through them, which would not go will with Tatum. I am not trying to get the thread locked but I think most rational, non Duke fans would agree.

I said all along I was glad we missed out on Tatum. You can tell he is the type of guy that is going to make himself look good at the expense of the team. He takes tons of shots and a lot of times they are bad shots not in the flow of the game.

Let's call a spade a spade since we are not the media that is slurping the Coach K man kool aid, if Coach K has a good white guy he will run the offense through him. Rupp has been given the racist label for years but show me an elite coach who recruits and plays white guys more than coach K in this day and time. With Allen and Kennard on the team you knew K would run most of the offense through them, which would not go will with Tatum. I am not trying to get the thread locked but I think most rational, non Duke fans would agree.

What a take...

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
What a take...

Bobby Hurley
Christian Laettner
Jon Scheyer
Cherokee Parks
Mason Plumlee
Myles Plumlee
Marshall Plumlee
JJ Reddick
Steve Wojciechowski
Luke Kennard
Chris Collins
Quinn Snyder
Mike Dunleavy
Danny Ferry
Greg Paulus
Kyle Singler

I may have missed someone but that list is off the top of my head. With the exception of the Plumlee's most other were the featured player on their teams. Name me another current coach who has recruited and featured that many white guys....just saying

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT