ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone feel sorry for the Duke players

I enjoyed EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. SECOND! ESPN was foaming at the mouth with their all day Duke coverage. I also Loved that the game before it went to OT and they didn't get to show the love fest live on TV. As a side note, I watched all four of the UK women's SEC Tournament games...those announcers were so biased against UK. Especially when they were calling the Title Game..wow!

You deserve a prize just for that. I would have had to watch those on mute.

Anyone read the article Duke us throwing a fit because unc didn't get on their knees and honor count Kkk as Duke thought they should?

Well, you all covered most of the good shit, but I also thought it was hilarious how K's 14 year old granddaughter wore her stripper shirt to the event.

It didn't take her long to realize it was a stupid idea to wear that particular shirt and you can see the look on her face when she realized it was a bad idea.

She tried crossing her arms and hunching over, then she grabbed a 3 year old kid and held him like a baby for as long as he could take it.

Would have been even more funny if K tried to block her from the cameras. I bet he had a word with whichever one of his daughters is her mother.
Said the same thing to my wife, then watched as she realized K was going to completely rip her ass afterwards. She knew it was coming. She tried her best to hide it, but too late. Seriously, what on earth guided her to that decision, and why didn’t someone stop her????

tears-sadness.gif

Well, you all covered most of the good shit, but I also thought it was hilarious how K's 14 year old granddaughter wore her stripper shirt to the event.

It didn't take her long to realize it was a stupid idea to wear that particular shirt and you can see the look on her face when she realized it was a bad idea.

She tried crossing her arms and hunching over, then she grabbed a 3 year old kid and held him like a baby for as long as he could take it.

Would have been even more funny if K tried to block her from the cameras. I bet he had a word with whichever one of his daughters is her mother.
Kid of see it here. She trying her best to cover up……lol….

dm_220305_NCB_Interview_Coach_K_on_family.jpg

I mean damn, I had to. The way they built that game up, friggin Jerry Seinfeld and Terrell Owens for f’s sake. All of the former players, Adam Flippin Silver and his mistress…..they built it up all damn week. Knowing there’s a ceremony at the end and UNC just won’t QUIT - HITTING - SHOTS - DAMN. Then they come out for the ceremony and K says “I know they think I hate them right now” LOL daaaaamn.

I have to admit, my sympathy meter budged a tad when it went from K sulking in the chair to the team standing there lost as sht.

Did anyone else feel similar? It reminded me of an old movie from none other than Durham.

Nope, loved every minute of it, including ESPN having a national day of mourning!!

fa78bad4-2832-4935-9a95-71ec0a0d5e28_text.gif

34d3ff9e-4e28-4dd4-8640-c95d93f7375a_text.gif

It was MOST OFFENSIVE and HURTFUL. I think the only proper response would be for Banchero to shut it down for the rest of the year...;)Maybe others as well.

Not worthy of the brotherhood or uniform... Will ALWAYS be remembered as the team that lost by double digits, on home floor, to an unranked UNCheat team in K's final home game, that was hyped for months, that drew in 90 plus alum players....

LOLOLOLOLOL... So delish! Look in wife's eyes was PTSD...

Was a rather foil to the Laettner Shot - especially with him there to witness it in person.

Last edited:
True Duke fans will hold it against this team till the end of time that they lost that game. I mean I would.
The players have even more pressure on them now. Like I wouldn't want to be a Duke player right now because you are expected to get Coach K to the Final Four. This will be the first time where there's really expectations on Duke to make that final four and I think they're going to fall flat on their face and lose the first game LOL!

Like everybody believes Dukes going to make that final four and they're going to win that Championship but they're going to be playing a 15 seed and they've lost to a 15 seed before and this pressure is something else man it is something else the pressure they're feeling. they're going to lose quickly

I mean damn, I had to. The way they built that game up, friggin Jerry Seinfeld and Terrell Owens for f’s sake. All of the former players, Adam Flippin Silver and his mistress…..they built it up all damn week. Knowing there’s a ceremony at the end and UNC just won’t QUIT - HITTING - SHOTS - DAMN. Then they come out for the ceremony and K says “I know they think I hate them right now” LOL daaaaamn.

I have to admit, my sympathy meter budged a tad when it went from K sulking in the chair to the team standing there lost as sht.

Did anyone else feel similar? It reminded me of an old movie from none other than Durham.

No. All of that made me enjoy it 100 times more.

I felt a slight sympathy for these players, but not much. As I said in another thread, ESPN just overdid it and for any non-Duke fan who doesn’t kiss Coach K's ring, it was sickening. I had to laugh at UNC not playing along with the whole thing. I honestly didn't think they would be able to do it because the officials wouldn't allow it. But they took it out of the officials' hands by continuing to make shots and not leave the game in doubt down the stretch. Had the game been close enough for the refs to give Coach K that game, they wouldn't have hesitated for a moment.

I have a cousin, whom I love dearly, who has fallen for the Coach K facade hook, line, and sinker. He's been posting on Facebook non-stop about the farewell tour. I've nearly snoozed him for 30 days. I know better than to believe the propaganda. Short answer: I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for K, and only a tiny bit for the players.

In the weeks leading up to the game people down here were boasting about how much they were bidding and spending on tickets to that funeral. Thousands and thousands of dollars. It's just so freakin' hilarious that people spent crazy money to be present for the greatest sports disaster in recent history. That game alone bought Hubert Davis an extra two seasons.

I mean the players knew that when they signed up and secured the bag last year. They knew this game was coming.

I was thinking about this today and sports radio was trying to defend the loss, saying how emotional the players and the staff were.

I'm sorry, but does anything think that Hubert and his staff and his players weren't feeling a similar way? Wondering how they might pull this off with all the celebs and fans, knowing how bad everyone wanted this, and how bad the officiating was going to help Duke?

One team showed up in the moment and the other didnt.

I didn't watch the game because...well...I despise both schools and I wasn't about to put myself through the eSpN Coach Krydkjahsdflv slurpfest. But when I read that they lost, it brought a smile to my face.
This was me. I watched the Iowa State Baylor game because I feel we are likely to be in the same bracket with Baylor and wanted to have seen them play. And listened to the UK baseball game. They cut in to the basketball game enough with highlights you could keep up with the score anyway. I never watch it because I DGAF about either team, but admittedly glad to see that UNC took a dump on Ks finale.

Um....how 'bout "No."

Watching the Duke coaches, family members, fans, players, alumni, and guests of honor having to sit through the post-game ceremony after getting shite-stomped by UNC-Cheat, was like overpacked corrals of animals at the stockyards. The Boo-Devils wanted to be any place but Cameron for Coach K's big night after the epic media build-up and tar-heel beat-down!.

Priceless!

GBB!

Said the same thing to my wife, then watched as she realized K was going to completely rip her ass afterwards. She knew it was coming. She tried her best to hide it, but too late. Seriously, what on earth guided her to that decision, and why didn’t someone stop her????
I didn't see it and I'm sure as hell not googling it. What was wrong with it? Also, does it seem like every time K is about to have a great moment any more, the fates rise up and drag his ass back down to earth? Cosmic (Karmic?) justice.
EDIT: Never mind... I was reading the article on defector and saw it on the video of his postgame speech. She may have some issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
How either of her parents allowed her to walk out of the house with that shirt on, is crazy to me.
I raised 2 daughters, there were some battles when they were in HS.
There is no way I would let one of them wear THAT bikini top looking thing, especially to an event like that.

giphy.gif

I could not look away!! That moment where Ratface said "This is unacceptable" and the crowd moaned and he basically said "SHUT UP AND LET ME FINISH" was the highlight of the night AND A CLASSIC I'M HOLIER THAN THOU COACH K MOMENT. I'll never forget that loss !!!
A thousand wonders he didn’t have a few get kicked out! Shows how big of a jerk he is.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I personally think this thread is ill-timed. When they fail to redeem themselves then we can discuss

I saw the game. I watched the fawning slime ooze out of my TV. I watched the tears. Then I summarized Krychitski’s career in one word…..

F#%k’em

Go Cat’s.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT