ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone feel sorry for the Duke players

I wouldn’t waste my time watching that rat b@$t@rd I’m glad they got beat on his farewell game in their own gym. I hope they lose early in their conference tournament and turnaround and run into a Lehigh or Mercer in the NCAA. It would be a fitting end to cheese eating rat b@$t@rd!

I mean damn, I had to. The way they built that game up, friggin Jerry Seinfeld and Terrell Owens for f’s sake. All of the former players, Adam Flippin Silver and his mistress…..they built it up all damn week. Knowing there’s a ceremony at the end and UNC just won’t QUIT - HITTING - SHOTS - DAMN. Then they come out for the ceremony and K says “I know they think I hate them right now” LOL daaaaamn.

I have to admit, my sympathy meter budged a tad when it went from K sulking in the chair to the team standing there lost as sht.

Did anyone else feel similar? It reminded me of an old movie from none other than Durham.

fa78bad4-2832-4935-9a95-71ec0a0d5e28_text.gif

34d3ff9e-4e28-4dd4-8640-c95d93f7375a_text.gif
I hear Seinfeld was there, why TF was he there? Surely he doesn’t give two shites about Duke? He’s a NY guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: kywildcat41086
I actually don't think I have ever experienced that level of pure schadenfreude in my entire life. Nothing could have been more perfect than seeing them lose like that, to their biggest rival, with throngs of bitch ass celebrities there to watch and just ruin their entire night. I loved seeing the fans that were on the verge of tears. I've never enjoyed someone else's pain so much in my life.
I never imagined anyone would let them lose that game. I figured the refs would have made it impossible to win no matter how good UNC played.

True Duke fans will hold it against this team till the end of time that they lost that game. I mean I would.
The players have even more pressure on them now. Like I wouldn't want to be a Duke player right now because you are expected to get Coach K to the Final Four. This will be the first time where there's really expectations on Duke to make that final four and I think they're going to fall flat on their face and lose the first game LOL!

Like everybody believes Dukes going to make that final four and they're going to win that Championship but they're going to be playing a 15 seed and they've lost to a 15 seed before and this pressure is something else man it is something else the pressure they're feeling. they're going to lose quickly
I’ve already seen posts saying that they will get pressured from a first round matchup and Banchero will try to single handily win the game and go 5-18 and they will lose.

Was listening to ESPN “rare occurrence” and Jay Williams was hammering these players. “No fight in them. K didn’t call the timeout because he was just gonna let them fold if that’s how they want to play”.

It took Seth Greenberg coming in to say “hey, ceremony before the game the circus atmosphere those players felt that. They saw that”. I think it’s clear Seth isn’t a fan of that sham program.

Why would any player want to be caught up in this house of cards? Lively mad a horrid choice damn. These players can be flat out stupid.

I feel it was building the script for KS glorious exit as a title winner that was manufactured by path and refereeing.

Hope I'm wrong

Was listening to ESPN “rare occurrence” and Jay Williams was hammering these players. “No fight in them. K didn’t call the timeout because he was just gonna let them fold if that’s how they want to play”.

It took Seth Greenberg coming in to say “hey, ceremony before the game the circus atmosphere those players felt that. They saw that”. I think it’s clear Seth isn’t a fan of that sham program.

Why would any player want to be caught up in this house of cards? Lively mad a horrid choice damn. These players can be flat out stupid.
Seth at least doesn’t seem like a homer for anyone, he kinda just calls games and what happens. I’ve always liked him. He actually seems to give Uk more praise than the average ESPN guy too.

Reactions: UK19 and Gromcat
I mean damn, I had to. The way they built that game up, friggin Jerry Seinfeld and Terrell Owens for f’s sake. All of the former players, Adam Flippin Silver and his mistress…..they built it up all damn week. Knowing there’s a ceremony at the end and UNC just won’t QUIT - HITTING - SHOTS - DAMN. Then they come out for the ceremony and K says “I know they think I hate them right now” LOL daaaaamn.

I have to admit, my sympathy meter budged a tad when it went from K sulking in the chair to the team standing there lost as sht.

Did anyone else feel similar? It reminded me of an old movie from none other than Durham.

fa78bad4-2832-4935-9a95-71ec0a0d5e28_text.gif

34d3ff9e-4e28-4dd4-8640-c95d93f7375a_text.gif
Not at all.

Reactions: Gromcat
Duke%20Kid%20Crying.jpg

this one I can understand. He’s a kid. The others are adults acting like freaks. I actually have some sympathy for this little one, he can’t help it he was born into that mess.
Yeah, I was about that age in 92. I looked like that when Mashburn fouled out. I was 7. That's the first thing I actively remember as a Kentucky fan.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
The players and their brainless parents made the decision to play for that scumbag despite decades of evidence showing that he’s as selfish as they come. So no, I don’t feel any sympathy for them.
Yeah he had the audacity to say the game before that it's always been about the kids and that Saturday would be no different. That self centered twat knew it would be about him all day Saturday both at the game and on ESPN.

Well, you all covered most of the good shit, but I also thought it was hilarious how K's 14 year old granddaughter wore her stripper shirt to the event.

It didn't take her long to realize it was a stupid idea to wear that particular shirt and you can see the look on her face when she realized it was a bad idea.

She tried crossing her arms and hunching over, then she grabbed a 3 year old kid and held him like a baby for as long as he could take it.

Would have been even more funny if K tried to block her from the cameras. I bet he had a word with whichever one of his daughters is her mother.
Is it the one who is the assistant athletic director. I'm sure nepotism didn't play a part in her getting that job.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
I feel it was building the script for KS glorious exit as a title winner that was manufactured by path and refereeing.

Hope I'm wrong
Geesh. I thought the exact same thing as I watched that crap unfold Saturday night.

It just seemed..........bizarre. K wouldn't even call a TO when NC was on their run. K never cursed the refs or drug them into his huddle for counseling during TV timeouts.

Just seemed like this game was a setup for the final chapter of K's book. Speech sounded like a Joe Biden news conference. Totally scripted.

This will become the greatest coaching accomplishment in the history of basketball when K turns this bunch of scallywags around and wins the National Championship with this bunch of bums.

PROVING TO THE WHOLE WORLD, that K is the greatest coach of all time.

God, someone please tell me I'm wrong. Got to go throw up right now.

P.S. Plus, as a bonus, it ensured NC an NCAA bid to the tournament. Helped the conference big time. Ugh!!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
True Duke fans will hold it against this team till the end of time that they lost that game. I mean I would.
The players have even more pressure on them now. Like I wouldn't want to be a Duke player right now because you are expected to get Coach K to the Final Four. This will be the first time where there's really expectations on Duke to make that final four and I think they're going to fall flat on their face and lose the first game LOL!

Like everybody believes Dukes going to make that final four and they're going to win that Championship but they're going to be playing a 15 seed and they've lost to a 15 seed before and this pressure is something else man it is something else the pressure they're feeling. they're going to lose quickly
Perfect ending to this year is Kentucky hanging #9 and Duke losing in the first round.

Geesh. I thought the exact same thing as I watched that crap unfold Saturday night.

It just seemed..........bizarre. K wouldn't even call a TO when NC was on their run. K never cursed the refs or drug them into his huddle for counseling during TV timeouts.

Just seemed like this game was a setup for the final chapter of K's book. Speech sounded like a Joe Biden news conference. Totally scripted.

This will become the greatest coaching accomplishment in the history of basketball when K turns this bunch of scallywags around and wins the National Championship with this bunch of bums.

PROVING TO THE WHOLE WORLD, that K is the greatest coach of all time.

God, someone please tell me I'm wrong. Got to go throw up right now.

P.S. Plus, as a bonus, it ensured NC an NCAA bid to the tournament. Helped the conference big time. Ugh!!!

Ive thought about it but it’s not going to happen. The truth is Duke doesn’t have a go to guy who leads the team and they don’t have guard play that can cut up defenses. They have to shoot higher than they’re capable of for 6 games to win out. Not gonna happen.

Reactions: cathouse
Ive thought about it but it’s not going to happen. The truth is Duke doesn’t have a go to guy who leads the team and they don’t have guard play that can cut up defenses. They have to shoot higher than they’re capable of for 6 games to win out. Not gonna happen.
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm better now. Just hate to see a repeat of Wooden 1975. You know the NCAA will try.

Just imagine if Duke had won, we would have to watch that slob fest every year for eternity! Carolina broke their boot off in Duke’s ass so I’m guessing ESPN will put that game in the vault!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT