ADVERTISEMENT

Dickie V still crying for the IU/UK series

They are just another program that occasionally makes the tournament, has gotten past the Sweet 16 once in 28 years, has never won a conference tournament and has an under 25 percent win percentage against Kentucky in the past three decades. They are nobody.
“b-b-but we’ve won 2 out of the last 3”

The program is mediocre and the fanbase has a hate for our program that makes the environment in Bloomington toxic for our players and fans. Its a lose-lose for us to restart the series.

and they won’t play at a neutral site because UK coming to their pinstriped cesspool is a guaranteed sell out for them, a win regardless of the final score.

I hate IU more than any team and they had their chance to play us and declined. Coach Cal wanted to play in Indy and they declined because the students couldn't make it to Indy is what the IU AD said.

Reactions: RunninRichie

gotta love the IU fans in the comments with the same ole meth talk
“winners of the last 2 out of 3!”
“Uk is scared to play us in ‘loomington!”
Dickie V is employed by a TV network. The TV network would be the main beneficiary of a renewed UK-IU series. I am not surprised Dickie V is promoting something good for him and his employer.

Reactions: SPECT imaging
I have no problem with it. We've owned their pathetic sorry has been a$$ for the last 40 years. We can wipe up the floor with them for another 40 years. If they'll meet us in Indianapolis or Louisville, fine, in Bloomington, no way.

If the series does get revived, I want UK to invite Coach Knight to a game. As much as most of us dislike him and he dislikes us, I don't see any reason to carry on with any of it any more since he's now long retired. But I doubt he'd accept, and I doubt that our fanbase would give him a polite sendoff (not that I'm saying he deserves one, but still, it would be the classy thing to do).

Dickie V needs to stick to calling games and get out of UK's business, our admin is very capable of scheduling without him. They adored and backed a complete classless A-hole, think he ran the whole university, they were all scared of him. They deserve everything they get, just another example of a wanna be program. They were good while Knight was there but one little run doesn't make a team elite. They need help to get noticed, that's the only reason they want yto svhedule us. Of all the teams we've played I hate them the most, even more than UT, UL, and those two other teams in the the ACC that the Eastern media loves and the NCAA bows down to. Also they have to have the awfulest warm ups in basketball.

IU and Vitale can both go jump off a very high bridge.

I loath their inbred, hateful fans; UK gains NOTHING by playing that has been crappy program; IUUSEDTOBE has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Vitale needs to just shut the hell up already and retire.

Take a poll of the fan bases. Id venture to say that there's less than 20% of our fan base who would want to see the rivalry renewed.

Reactions: SPECT imaging
I have zero interest in another Indiana series. I don't personally know any other Kentucky fans who do, either. Honestly, the average UK fan on the street couldn't care less about a series with any particular school. They just watch whatever games turn up on the schedule.

The title Dick fits that old geezer. Add heads to it and you got IUsetobe fans.

YCzlcHl.jpg

Reactions: UK19 and Baller Cal
They are just another program that occasionally makes the tournament, has gotten past the Sweet 16 once in 28 years, has never won a conference tournament and has an under 25 percent win percentage against Kentucky in the past three decades. They are nobody.

Wow. I know IU has declined quite a bit since the early-mid 90s but I guess I didn’t realize it was THAT bad. And, we’re not even setting the bar at national championships or FFs. That has to be humiliating & you’d think, humbling. But, apparently not judging by their online community. That just makes it funnier, though.

Vitale's job is to promote college basketball, and that's what he is doing by doing his job.

No big deal here, and nothing to be upset about.

Wow. I know IU has declined quite a bit since the early-mid 90s but I guess I didn’t realize it was THAT bad. And, we’re not even setting the bar at national championships or FFs. That has to be humiliating & you’d think, humbling. But, apparently not judging by their online community. That just makes it funnier, though.
They are desperate to regain relevance after nearly 30 years of mediocrity. One shortcut to that would be to do respectably in a series against Kentucky. No way the Cats should even give them the chance.

It's a shame that after all these years Dickie V still hasn't updated his act. We can't renew the rivalry because there isn't one. UK and IU haven't been a rivalry since the late 90's. Just scheduling them doesn't make it a rivalry. IU isn't our rival any more than City College of New York is.

To anyone paying attention - not Dickie V - Cal has sent his answer over and over. The Cats’ have added series with Big Ten team Michigan and with Indiana program Notre Dame, while already having occasional series that include Ohio State and Michigan State.

It is like Cal has drawn a circle around Bloomington and said F-you.

John Calapari has impressed me as a man who means what he says. He said will never play in Bloomington again while he is coach and he means it.

Reactions: EdgeHD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT