ADVERTISEMENT

DeSousa Played For Kansas Despite Having A Signed Contract With A Spanish Team

Lol.

Good to see how responsive and thorough KU's compliance department in its investigation and doing the right thing, per NCAA rules and procedures, by holding Preston out during the entire season.
You have to feel pretty good about Kansas and pretty bad about deSousa based on the testimony.

The Jailhawks are just like UNCHEAT, they will spend what ever they have to and lie as much as they have to get out of this , they have been dirty for loooog time !

Reactions: kl40504
I will say I think most people are not realizing that the Billy Preston deal really makes KU look innocent in all of this and will be able to use that when the plead with the NCAA for no penalty. If folks believe KU was complicit, then they obviously would have let Billy play and not held him out. Given that they conducted an internal investigation and from the results of that held him out when they realized things didn’t look right, they’ll point to that with the NCAA as proof they did not know, and when they did know there is precedent that they acted accordingly. I bet the NCAA accepts this and I would be shocked if KU receives any punishment.

I believe KU and most schools are innocent in this, even before the trail backing this up it has always been known by most people who have been recruited that th shoe companies and runners are the ones who give out the money to try to get kids to go to their shoe company school and the runners more so because they want to sign you after you declare and the shoe company will give hem money thinking they are the guy to get them to sign with the shoe company

I will say I think most people are not realizing that the Billy Preston deal really makes KU look innocent in all of this and will be able to use that when the plead with the NCAA for no penalty. If folks believe KU was complicit, then they obviously would have let Billy play and not held him out. Given that they conducted an internal investigation and from the results of that held him out when they realized things didn’t look right, they’ll point to that with the NCAA as proof they did not know, and when they did know there is precedent that they acted accordingly. I bet the NCAA accepts this and I would be shocked if KU receives any punishment.

All KU has to say is that pro contracts were made available to all students....nothing to see here.

I see you're joining in with the team line of "I DON'T HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT'S GOING ON, I GET A MILLION PAPERS AND GOSH DARN I CAN'T LOOK AT THEM ALL, OKAY?! GET OFF MY BACK!"

Because that's always a good look for someone in your compliance department. "Hey man, I get these papers and I don't look at all of them. What do you want me to do? ACTUALLY READ THEM?! LOL get real."

The good old Ronald Reagan defense. Tried and true.

Really? Because as soon as they realized they lost Preston they miraculously land a recruit that was a Maryland lock in the middle of the year?

It shows how dirty they are. Got caught paying one and to replace him they pay another.

When 1 team is only winning the Conference that conference sucks period! IE...Big 12 bball, Big 10 football etc ... Even the Span it was pretty much KENTUCKY winning SEC. There was a period when SEC bball was KENTUCKY every once in awhile there was another team trying to win it . That being said Big 12 bball sucks and Kansas in deep deep shizz!! Who else has even won a basketball NCAA title outside Kansas last 30-40 years? I mean SEC has had UK obviously , UF, I believe Arky one one didn't they? Big 12 sucks in bball and football.. Do they even play defense in the Big 12 in either major sport?

That made DeSousa ineligible to play at any college once his guardian accepted money. He will not play this year.
If the kid had no clue his coach took the money then I don’t think it does. That seems to be the argument they are going with. We’ll see if it works.

Got caught paying one and to replace him they pay another.
I would agree if that’s what happened, but by “got caught” you’re saying they caught themselves? They doesn’t make sense. If you are part of a conspiracy you don’t blow the whistle on yourself with one hand and then “make up for it” by doing the very thing you just stopped yourself from doing. Just doesn’t add up. I guaranty that argument will play with the NCAA who will want any excuse to not do anything.

Why do you hate KU so bad?

Kansas is irritating. You have an average program relative to the greats, yet think you're on our level.

You have more scandal surrounding your program than anyone else I know. I mean decade to decade, Kansas is just dirty.

Then when you get caught cheating and being unethical, you want to pretend as if AD is just the same as any player you've brought out of prison. He's not.

Kansas IS ThugU of the tradition power players, if you even want to call Kansas a power player today (I go back and forth as to if you even are).

You're just an annoying bunch of unethical excuse makers. And so we don't like you.

I think ababypatrickswayze is almost as good as umm or dare I say the king cut nets

Kansas is irritating. You have an average program relative to the greats, yet think you're on our level.

You have more scandal surrounding your program than anyone else I know. I mean decade to decade, Kansas is just dirty.

Then when you get caught cheating and being unethical, you want to pretend as if AD is just the same as any player you've brought out of prison. He's not.

Kansas IS ThugU of the tradition power players, if you even want to call Kansas a power player today (I go back and forth as to if you even are).

You're just an annoying bunch of unethical excuse makers. And so we don't like you.
Stop making too much damn sense morg, you’re going to make him think intelligently.

Doesn’t matter if he didn’t know he’s still ineligible. The Cam Newton defense got shut down.

"KU director of strategic communications"

Strategic Communications?!?!? WTH? Is this a department they created for their athletics cover ups?

We have a major on UK's campus called Integrated Strategic Communications (ISC), and it covers PR/Advertising/Direct Mail and so forth. It's a common term.

Do you have a link for the NCAA vetting the contract? I did a google search but didn’t find anything mentioning it.

Still waiting for a link which confirms the NCAA knew about the pro contract and cleared him anyway.

Are you sure you’re not assuming that since the NCAA cleared him at one point that they knew about the contract?

@Nooneputsbabyinacorner

I would agree if that’s what happened, but by “got caught” you’re saying they caught themselves? They doesn’t make sense. If you are part of a conspiracy you don’t blow the whistle on yourself with one hand and then “make up for it” by doing the very thing you just stopped yourself from doing. Just doesn’t add up. I guaranty that argument will play with the NCAA who will want any excuse to not do anything.

They didn’t blow the whistle. They lied and said there were inconsistencies in where the car came from. As soon as they realized there was no way to play him, they went out and bought DeSousa. You think he just magically changes his mind on where he was going, especially after Maryland gave him what, $65,000? Were they even recruiting him prior to the start of the season?

That is what happened.

If you want to pretend Self has no idea his top recruits are bought, knock yourself out. I’d say the majority here disagree.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
If the kid had no clue his coach took the money then I don’t think it does. That seems to be the argument they are going with. We’ll see if it works.
Sorry but that loophole has been closed. Read it and weep @Nooneputsbabyinacorner

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...es-include-parents-closes-cam-newton-loophole

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA has broadened the definition of agents to include parents, closing the loophole that allowed 2010 Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton to keep playing despite his father's pay-for-play scheme.

The Division I Amateurism Cabinet sponsored legislation that would include family members and other third parties who shop an athlete's services to schools for financial gain. The Division I Legislative Council passed the proposal Wednesday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT