ADVERTISEMENT

Desmond Claude, 6’5 PG from Xavier

Apr 8, 2024
He could be a nice option for a Kentucky. Entered the portal on April 19.

Jeff Meyer description:
“Has tremendous size for a point guard. At 6-5 with broad shoulders will be capable of playing the one through the three. Is a smooth athlete who is comfortable with the basketball. More of a straight ahead athlete than a lateral athlete. Plays too upright on the defensive end. Can score at all three levels. Shoots well off the dribble in the midrange and has an array of finishes. Scores with strength and elusiveness around the basket. His long range shooting is developing but he shoots it well enough to keep the defense honest. Is a confident and efficient ball handler. Sees the floor and plays with a high IQ and a poised pace. Has a quality balance between scoring and distributing. Could assert himself more as a rebounder. Has versatility defensively but is a positional defender and not a pressure defender. Point guard quickness could give him problems.“

He would be an upcoming Junior. I really like his game.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Michigan states is trying to get him. Izzo always had a great PG and if he likes Desmond Claude, I think this should be an option to look at.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Whether we had Pope or any other coach, I just cringe at the thought of any more sub 30% three point guards/wings on our roster ever again - or under 35%, really.

Now that the world has finally figured out what we stats dorks have been crying about forever, big boy schools with actual recruiting budgets owe it to their fans to build around 3s, dunks, and layups.

Yea, I'd just assume to never have a player from 1-4 that shoots under 30% from 3.

The 5 you can get away with as long as they are elite at their niche. Maybe one 4 on the roster as long as you have a stretch 4 for matchups as well.

1-3 really should be 35%+.

Reactions: dl51344
Pass.

16 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists while dominating the ball at Xavier = 6, 2, and 2 at UK as a role player.

Plus, as others already mentioned, the kid is a brick layer from the perimeter.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He could be a nice option for a Kentucky. Entered the portal on April 19.

Jeff Meyer description:
“Has tremendous size for a point guard. At 6-5 with broad shoulders will be capable of playing the one through the three. Is a smooth athlete who is comfortable with the basketball. More of a straight ahead athlete than a lateral athlete. Plays too upright on the defensive end. Can score at all three levels. Shoots well off the dribble in the midrange and has an array of finishes. Scores with strength and elusiveness around the basket. His long range shooting is developing but he shoots it well enough to keep the defense honest. Is a confident and efficient ball handler. Sees the floor and plays with a high IQ and a poised pace. Has a quality balance between scoring and distributing. Could assert himself more as a rebounder. Has versatility defensively but is a positional defender and not a pressure defender. Point guard quickness could give him problems.“

He would be an upcoming Junior. I really like his game.

Just a terrible idea tbh.

Oh I'm sure if he had come into Rupp as a member of Xaviers team, he would have suddenly found his stroke and drilled about seven of them.

Oh I'm sure if he had come into Rupp as a member of Xaviers team, he would have suddenly found his stroke and drilled about seven of them.
Missed the point. If he's a bricker, he'd get booed out of Rupp if he did so as a cat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT