ADVERTISEMENT

Dennious Jackson commits to Kentucky

This is a guy I’d love to see play here. I think we’re gonna to be fine, but can never hurt to have someone give the stars time to rest. Could really be important in those fourth quarter fights where a few minutes rest could refresh our bigs. Who knows though the man could surprise the world and make a big time difference for us as well. No matter, I think if we’re going after him he’s a great get. This staff has proven themselves over and over again by getting underrated guys who will flat out work themselves into SEC quality players. Let’s go Cats. Guys and gals, I know I can kinda be a blue tinted glasses type sometimes, but I really think we’re going to be a tough out for anyone this season. We may not win ten games but they’re going to know they’re in a fight against us. That’s all a football fan can really hope for.

If you look at his offer sheet, it would seem he is a depth piece/insurance policy. I will be surprised if he plays substantial snaps this season.

We are down 1 guy for the year right now. We are down a few others (unless they are back playing Sanders is one (i think)). We need someone that can come in and play in games this year. Hopefully this guy will be able to come in and be that piece.

Adam West Dancing GIF

Man with Hayes out this is a very welcome addition

Batman Dancing GIF

So I think he looks like some depth in loss of Josiah Hayes....but assuming we lose Silver after this year...is he competition with Kendrick Gilbert as Nose Guard.

So I think he looks like some depth in loss of Josiah Hayes....but assuming we lose Silver after this year...is he competition with Kendrick Gilbert as Nose Guard.
And Kalen Edwards, think Silver returns.

Stoops and staff have proved repeatedly that size and strength combined with desire, make football players.

Is Dennious mere depth, or a star in the making?

It’s up to him, but he made a good start committing to a program that has elevated unknowns to first day draft selections.

Stoops and staff have proved repeatedly that size and strength combined with desire, make football players.

Is Dennious mere depth, or a star in the making?

It’s up to him, but he made a good start committing to a program that has elevated unknowns to first day draft selections.
Depth but let's hope he catches fire and becomes a star. Has potential toward that end.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
The Jackson Kid? No, I don't know anything about him, Bunches of schools in metro Atlanta, I guess he was orginally a 22 kid, I will see if I can find out anything on him.
Yeah, I wonder too Grumpy. HS was Evans Lakeside(his JUCO was pretty poor but I thought his film was pretty good). Wonder how he got to LA? Lot of GA kids go to GA Military or MS/KAN JUCOs.

Yeah, I wonder too Grumpy. HS was Evans Lakeside(his JUCO was pretty poor but I thought his film was pretty good). Wonder how he got to LA? Lot of GA kids go to GA Military or MS/KAN JUCOs.

Ga. Military did get a good many Ga kids that needed some work on their grades after the prep schools were shut down and sent a good many to SEC schools, UGA would get a few, but South Carolina seemed to get 3-4 every year. Richt recruited it pretty regular, but I can't remember a kid Kirby recruited from there, lots of kids looking for a 2nd chance there. The kid we got today played BB at IMG, graduated in 23, and his last name is Jackson also.

Played HS ball in Atlanta.
I posted about dennious a month ago I read a article on ksr that thought this kid was going to commit to Kentucky and he was 6ft5 played juco in ca and from Alabama Josh Allen was from Alabama too but played hs football elsewhere it happens

Ga. Military did get a good many Ga kids that needed some work on their grades after the prep schools were shut down and sent a good many to SEC schools, UGA would get a few, but South Carolina seemed to get 3-4 every year. Richt recruited it pretty regular, but I can't remember a kid Kirby recruited from there, lots of kids looking for a 2nd chance there. The kid we got today played BB at IMG, graduated in 23, and his last name is Jackson also.
Don't know if he's still there or even coaching but a GA Military coach, Rob Manchester, played college ball at UK.

Reactions: Texcat59
Don't know if he's still there or even coaching but a GA Military coach, Rob Manchester, played college ball at UK.

Could be, I don't know who is coaching there now, but i guarantee its hot and humid. That place was a furnace. Ga is wilting right now, My truck was sitting in the sun, but it's white, temp said 111 when i got in, dropped to 102 when i got to moving, but dang that's hot. We have HS starting practice this week too, coaches and trainers better be on the toes.

Could be, I don't know who is coaching there now, but i guarantee its hot and humid. That place was a furnace. Ga is wilting right now, My truck was sitting in the sun, but it's white, temp said 111 when i got in, dropped to 102 when i got to moving, but dang that's hot. We have HS starting practice this week too, coaches and trainers better be on the toes.
My grandsons playing in baseball tourneys, dang hot!!

My grandsons playing in baseball tourneys, dang hot!!

I bet it is, you attend them?

My daughter played travel softball as a youngster, hard to believe she is approaching 50, but whatever. My daughter was a lifeguard and like dad tanned very well, but those poor blonde and red heads would be lathered up with sunscreen and still burn.

I bet it is, you attend them?

My daughter played travel softball as a youngster, hard to believe she is approaching 50, but whatever. My daughter was a lifeguard and like dad tanned very well, but those poor blonde and red heads would be lathered up with sunscreen and still burn.
Regretfully no, don't attend anymore...too much age but just got off the phone with my son. 12U baseball team won the game this eve that put them in a World Series in Bossier City, LA, in early Aug. Son, 45 now, played travel baseball as a kid, college baseball, summer collegiate baseball from Wisc to VA/NC. We were talking tonight, my wife(now deceased) was a school teacher, I was fortunate enough to have built up enough vacation credit where I could take off 2-4 days a week to travel around for son's games. We never took a summer vacation per se, spent time at the ballfield instead! Speaking of heat, had Army basic training at Ft Benning, GA, in June-July, advanced training at Ft Polk, LA, in Aug. Brutal!!

Regretfully no, don't attend anymore...too much age but just got off the phone with my son. 12U baseball team won the game this eve that put them in a World Series in Bossier City, LA, in early Aug. Son, 45 now, played travel baseball as a kid, college baseball, summer collegiate baseball from Wisc to VA/NC. We were talking tonight, my wife(now deceased) was a school teacher, I was fortunate enough to have built up enough vacation credit where I could take off 2-4 days a week to travel around for son's games. We never took a summer vacation per se, spent time at the ballfield instead! Speaking of heat, had Army basic training at Ft Benning, GA, in June-July, advanced training at Ft Polk, LA, in Aug. Brutal!!

You son and my daughter are the same age. My mother absolutely loved watching her play, didn't matter how hot, how hard it rained or how far the trip, she was in the stands doing the softball chants and dances in her mid 60's. Good memories, thanks for bringing them to the surface.

The mans arms are as thick as tree trunks. Even if he is just a depth guy...he looks like someone that o lineman won't wanna see across them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT