ADVERTISEMENT

Def Efficiency ranking down to 98.

I’ve been trying to point out a lack of defense with this team for more than a month. Tonight is a perfect example of why. I’ve taken some beatings over the mere suggestion an off night offensively in March will be our downfall if our defense does not improve. I think I’m right and have been all along. I simply say fix it now while there is still plenty of time!!!!

I’ve been trying to point out a lack of defense with this team for more than a month. Tonight is a perfect example of why. I’ve taken some beatings over the mere suggestion an off night offensively in March will be our downfall if our defense does not improve. I think I’m right and have been all along. I simply say fix it now while there is still plenty of time!!!!
Yeah, I was going to find your thread and post this. After a loss it’s almost impossible to find a thread from even a few days ago brother!

Per Kenpom. Maybe this crazy stat site is correct. We can’t guard ANYONE.
I have been telling you guys for 2 months this team will not go far because we can't guard anyone. We turn our back to our man when guarding off the ball, we get knocked around too easily on screens, we get crossed up if we switch on screens, we stand upright with our hands to our side, we don't slide our feet and any other thing you shouldn't do, we do it. This doesn't even get into that Cal is too stubborn but to play defense but one way.

At this point, with a bench as deep as we have, we should just press and wear teams down with our depth. Yeah our press will probably get beat a few times but lets face it would our half court defense be able to defend any better? Edwards couldn't guard half of the posters on this board and Rob and Reed don't even know who they are supposed to be guarding half the time. They are running around like a rec league team of 8 year olds just chasing the ball around trying to get a steal from the backside while their man is wide open.

This is by far the worst defense I have ever saw from a UK team. No fight, no energy, poor fundamentals and poorly coached.

It won't be a down year.

It will be another UNDERACHIEVING year.
Down year to me is not winning the SEC, SEC Tournament, or not making it out of the first weekend of the NCAAT.
It won't be a down year.

It will be another UNDERACHIEVING year.
Down year is not doing any of the following: winning SEC regular, winning SECT, or getting to second weekend of NCAAT.

You're right @KyCPA . My initial reaction was that you were trying to minimize what's happening, I was wrong. Sorry.

Cal tried to go with a “defensive” lineup much of last night and we played a ton of iso ball. You see how that worked out.

Cal hasn’t changed. The minute things get tough he abandons anything new and reverts to his rock fight form.

It’s no wonder John Wall was telling him he needs to let guys play.

This is only a shock to the group of people that have kept saying “our defense is not as bad as it looks”.

It actually is.

It’s annoying that defense is the one thing that Cal used to be able to get everyone to do well. He’s lost that edge also. He’s basically down to just a recruiting edge now.

Reactions: ukjenning44
I’ve been saying the same. I had other members telling me that offense wins championships in basketball that our defense is fine.
Coach Fraud himself said last week our defense wasn’t all that bad, I even shared the article.
Coach fraud will spin anything to deflect from the biggest issue we have. And that’s he can’t freaking coach!

Reactions: rivercatinfl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT