ADVERTISEMENT

Dee Beckwith

For those detractors out there on whether a man between 6-2 to 6-5 cannot play RB seem to forget about Derrick Henry. (not pronouncing the kid ad DH) Its very possible for a young man this size to be able to play and play at a high level.

This could be a split backfield with the RB running a wheel route out of the backfield. Or maybe same set and a lead blocker following the TE and Guard. The options are many when we have a backfield as talented as the Cats this season
I have not said he couldn't play there. DH and Eddie George are two of the exceptions to the rule, but he is 2-3" taller than them. EG had knee issues that was blamed on his height

I have not said he couldn't play there. DH and Eddie George are two of the exceptions to the rule, but he is 2-3" taller than them. EG had knee issues that was blamed on his height

Everyone isn't a Wandale, who was outstanding at Nebraska and even better at UK. This kid couldn't see the field on a bad UT team or on a decent one. Worth taking a shot on if you have the room, but UK has a better roster than UT. Much like the
QB transfer from AU a couple years back, there is usually a reason they don't play much.

Everyone isn't a Wandale, who was outstanding at Nebraska and even better at UK. This kid couldn't see the field on a bad UT team or on a decent one. Worth taking a shot on if you have the room, but UK has a better roster than UT. Much like the
QB transfer from AU a couple years back, there is usually a reason they don't play much.
I was only commenting about his height. I don't know if/where he will play

I was only commenting about his height. I don't know if/where he will play

I made a comment agreeing about him bering too tall for RB and deleted it for some reason. Kid just may be RB or bust and betting his career on it. When he signed vols thought he would be a WR.

For those detractors out there on whether a man between 6-2 to 6-5 cannot play RB seem to forget about Derrick Henry. (not pronouncing the kid ad DH) Its very possible for a young man this size to be able to play and play at a high level.

This could be a split backfield with the RB running a wheel route out of the backfield. Or maybe same set and a lead blocker following the TE and Guard. The options are many when we have a backfield as talented as the Cats this season
Listed as RB on roster released yesterday.
John Settle has Smoke, McClain, Drennen, Wright, Jefferson, and probably CRod in his room. He kept Drennen in the room during the spring and added Jefferson.

They moved Justice Dingle from outside linebacker to fullback, even though they have only two experienced outside linebackers left.

Derrick Henry has tree trunk legs and a lower center of gravity. At 6'3", Henry is an outlier. At 6'5", Beckwith is a longer athlete with less muscular legs. Henry is not a comp for Beckwith. Body wise, Beckwith is not a running back.

The need position on the offense is receiver. Kentucky has a bunch of small receivers, but Chris Lewis and Dane Key are their only tall receivers. Baker did not show up. It makes sense to me that Beckwith was the best transfer they could find to handle some snaps at receiver and maybe H-back. It does not make sense to me that they would use that scholarship on another running back. But my reasoning could be wrong. Soon, we will know.

Wonder if his hands are an issue? If so, and he performed well on ST at UT, seems he needs to play D... for his sake and ours. As stated just above, we'll see soon enough.

Yep, only exception I can think of was eric dickerson. Though he had a bunch of other injuries. And he was about 6'4
According to his online bio, Eric Dickerson is 6'3.

I do not know what position Beckwith will play, but I doubt it will be Rback for all the stated reasons. As already said, we should know soon. For team reasons, I hope he can catch in traffic.

According to his online bio, Eric Dickerson is 6'3.

I do not know what position Beckwith will play, but I doubt it will be Rback for all the stated reasons. As already said, we should know soon. For team reasons, I hope he can catch in traffic.
Yea, I saw that after I posted. Still, 6'3 is one of the taller rb's in NFL history.

Reactions: SECCountry75
I think an H-back/TE/FB makes most sense. We can say our TE room is full, but coming out of spring, it sounded like Scrangarello is going to make the TE position really popular this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT