ADVERTISEMENT

Dee Beckwith

According to UT website he was a wide receiver his first year and a running back his second year. A 6’6 running back is weird. I guess Heupel didn’t think he had much potential at WR

Reactions: SosaUK87
This guy has EDGE written all over him. He's been able to add 50 lbs to his frame in just two years. I know it's difficult to convert someone with so much versatility on offense into a defensive mindset, but if he wants a future in football, it might be on the defensive side of the ball.

In looking at his high school highlights, his biggest strengths are his hands and his open field tackling. He's very good at the high school level on a variety of tasks, but does not have elite speed or quickness to be a RB or WR in college, IMO. Would love it if we could parlay his versatile skill set into a hybrid position on the other side of the ball.

This guy has EDGE written all over him. He's been able to add 50 lbs to his frame in just two years. I know it's difficult to convert someone with so much versatility on offense into a defensive mindset, but if he wants a future in football, it might be on the defensive side of the ball.

In looking at his high school highlights, his biggest strengths are his hands and his open field tackling. He's very good at the high school level on a variety of tasks, but does not have elite speed or quickness to be a RB or WR in college, IMO. Would love it if we could parlay his versatile skill set into a hybrid position on the other side of the ball.

Know his people personally. He will not play defense. He expects a shot at RB.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
So since he’s already with the team, I assume he committed and arrived a while ago and this just wasn’t made public?
Will he be eligible this fall? Seem to remember the SEC had a rule that required transfers from one SEC school to another to do so by May 1st.

Will he be eligible this fall? Seem to remember the SEC had a rule that required transfers from one SEC school to another to do so by May 1st.
Yes he entered the portal in Jan/feb. Just had to be in B4 May. Actually I think the SEC cutoff was in FEB

I think he came from a juco or something so he will be eligible. Might be getting this kid mixed up with the other kid that committed.

He may get a carry here and there, but it seems like he may play multiple spots. I'd be stunned if he was a full time RB while he is at UK.

You’re not wrong and I’d be stunned too. But I’m sure sure that he expects a shot and does want to be a RB. There’s a reason UT had him there.

As for UK you know how recruiting goes.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Dude had one rush for two yards last year. Could be wrong but I bet they see something else in him than running back.

Reactions: SPECT imaging
Josh Allen says "Hello!"?
This guy pictures himself as an offensive player. His comments say offense is his mentality all the way. If Stoops approached him for the defense, he might have transferred somewhere else. But I have never seen a 6'5" running back. Running backs need a low center of gravity and the ability to get low to drive through a gap. This guy is an H-back or a receiver. With Baker not coming, I can imagine the coaches are glad to have another athletic receiver even if they have to work out his exact role later. Could be another Cummings.

This guy pictures himself as an offensive player. His comments say offense is his mentality all the way. If Stoops approached him for the defense, he might have transferred somewhere else. But I have never seen a 6'5" running back. Running backs need a low center of gravity and the ability to get low to drive through a gap. This guy is an H-back or a receiver. With Baker not coming, I can imagine the coaches are glad to have another athletic receiver even if they have to work out his exact role later. Could be another Cummings.

You are correct, 6'5" running backs end up being 6'5" RB with knee issues

You are almost certainly correct. I was just musing on possibility.

Not a big deal, he isn't someone we desperately need to play anywhere right away. Good big athletic body to have in practices and scout team for 2022. Beyond this yr I'm sure the coaches will find the best spot where he could contribute.

Reactions: delk4three
For those detractors out there on whether a man between 6-2 to 6-5 cannot play RB seem to forget about Derrick Henry. (not pronouncing the kid ad DH) Its very possible for a young man this size to be able to play and play at a high level.

This could be a split backfield with the RB running a wheel route out of the backfield. Or maybe same set and a lead blocker following the TE and Guard. The options are many when we have a backfield as talented as the Cats this season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT