ADVERTISEMENT

Dear God, Please don’t let UThug win a Natty

This is the most anti UK tourney ever....
BAMA, UT, UConn,Duke...hell at that rate should've let UL in too. Supposed UNC and KU didn't somehow make up the elite 8 ..

Reactions: catzcan
I’m pulling for our neighbors to the South, UT and UA. Better them than Dook or UConn or Purdue. Contrary to many others’ opinions on here, I still pull for the SEC in these games. It doesn’t matter to me if their fans do not pull for us. Just means we are usually the perennial top dog. that is until the Calipari era began disintegrating.

Anyone but Duke or UConn. If UConn wins this, they’ll have won 6 of the last 26 titles. That’s remarkable. It took UK twice as long to win 6 titles, much of that in a watered down era with a handful of teams actually capable of winning it all.

I think most people root against UT because of their mouth breathing fans. Their players are OK for the most part but still can't stand that hack,grab,push style of play.

As long as TN is allowed to hold, trip, hand check, set moving screens it's theirs to lose. Somehow, someway they've become THE CHOSEN. Unreal the whistles they get.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Purdue plays like they have so far in the tourney, they're in the title game. I think they've been 2nd most impressive team in tourney behind Uconn.
Agreed. I also hope that Vescovi returns for the Vols. I liked how Vols played and thought they were more impressive with him out. Barnes loves to mess things up so if Vescovi can play-he'll be out there.

Purdue has played very well and everything is about how Lance Jones shoots for them. If he's making shots-they win. If he's not-they don't or are in a fight.

Was interested in 2 aspects of what they said Matt Painter did after last year. He talked with NBA people about what they thought of his program/team and what they needed to do to get better. Make more 3pt shots and have less turnovers. I'm always concerned when a coach/his staff can't self scout but what I do like is if you can't do this-and believe me Painter is not strong in this area-he still hasn't figured out how to beat a full court press and it haunts him whenever a team throws one on him- is he reached out to others and LISTENED.

That must be nice instead of having a guy in place who lives off how things used to work to win in the NCAA's and is hellbent on an approach that is dated and doesn't apply now. For instance...you can talk about overall record not mattering and I have no problem with that-but most of the teams who advance have won something of note or competed deep in a Tournament. If not, they've had injuries that held them back but don't make excuses for it.

Cal won SEC and Tournament in '10 won SEC Tournament in '11, won SEC in '12, had deep run in SEC Tournament in '14--won SEC/SEC Tournament in '15 (obvious, I know), won SEC/SEC Tournament in '17, won SEC Tournament in '18, then had deepest run without an SEC title of any sort in '19 but had some injuries (Travis/PJ), '20 won the SEC by 3 games....and since then--he's had teams that have accomplished nothing with nobody who has won anything as the "vets" coming to guide the FR and nothing has come from it.

HIs response to that--SEC Tournament doesn't matter. Says that but also forced an injured player on a lineup that was playing well without him and wouldn't more games help get that player acclimated? Or have the balls to say "Tre, appreciate you but we've got to give this group the minutes and I'll spot you in there". We know the latter was NOT happening.

I think most people root against UT because of their mouth breathing fans. Their players are OK for the most part but still can't stand that hack,grab,push style of play.
If Ut wins there fans will be unbearable. They would also become only the third school to win a natty in football and basketball joining Michigan and Florida
Never underestimate the ability of Rick Barnes to choke.
to make matters worse if UT does win they would become only the third team to win a natty in basketball and football. Joining Michigan and Florida. How long will we have to listen to that🤬

I'd take Tennessee over Duke if given the choice.

Plus, a Tennessee national title only puts more pressure on Calipari to actually change or get out. That's a good thing.
You're making a lot of great posts, Saul ! I agree completely with this one, too !

A NC by UT wont be the end of the world so zi agree with SonOfSaul.

When their FB team won it in 1999, I was physically sick to my stomach for weeks.

If Cal would’ve done his job….. If Mitch would’ve done his job after Cal decided after 2019 he didn’t want to do his job anymore…

Tennessee fans spend way more time thinking about UK than vice versa. I'd actually prefer a UT championship over UConn again, or Duke. UT hasn't even made a Final Four.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT