ADVERTISEMENT

DeAndre Williams To Memphis.

I wish I could post the gif from Friday right now, but I don’t know how to.

The one we’re Cube and Tucker go:

DAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN!!!!!!
tenor.gif

Reactions: villefan76
How in the world would you know that he wanted guaranteed minutes ? Mabe he just wanted to go to Memphis instead of Kentucky.

He's 24 (will be 25 by the '21 draft I think I heard). Think he doesn't realize that MINUTES are his only way to get exposure? Easier done at Memphis with a shallow roster and weaker competition for those minutes than at Kentucky with a stacked roster fighting every practice. Pretty simple if you ask me. Memphis will become the new Last Chance U.

That hurts, he is a great stretch 4 with size and nice stroke. . Memphis needed him more on the inside then we did. Oh well, on to the next one....

He's 24 (will be 25 by the '21 draft I think I heard). Think he doesn't realize that MINUTES are his only way to get exposure? Easier done at Memphis with a shallow roster and weaker competition for those minutes than at Kentucky with a stacked roster fighting every practice.
Exactly. Memphis can feature Williams IF he has the talent.
Frankly, I can't blame him (even though I wanted him).

How did I miss that this kid IS actually 24 years old? Wtf

My apologies. I thought somebody was joking about that. Lol. If he is still not good enough to go pro at 24, he wasn't going to get much PT here after the first few weeks of the season

Thanks for taking care of this for me

How come you make sure to comment or even start a thread when we lose a game or lose out on a player, yet not a peep when we landed Sarr to make our team complete for next year???

My tickets are in section 3 on the rail student side but behind the Vandy radio crew but obviously up high. Great seats. My son has had them for years.

53 TNCatfanforever, Jan 29, 2019

Would have loved to had him but he was not a key to next season's success. He went to a school where plenty of playing time was available. Cal seems to tire of the kids who have a continous need to be told how pretty they are. He makes his sells pitch and if kids don't buy in he is moving on. No more hat on a table.

How did I miss that this kid IS actually 24 years old? Wtf

My apologies. I thought somebody was joking about that. Lol. If he is still not good enough to go pro at 24, he wasn't going to get much PT here after the first few weeks of the season

Yeah he turns 24 this fall.

He was in DeAaron Fox's class out of high school. He was in a home school program, then took a year off or something, then a prep school / junior college, Then had to sit out his "freshmen" year at Evansville due to eligibility, while finally getting to play his "sophomore" year this past season.

So you are telling me that this guy had a handler, and ended up at Evansville ? I don't believe that.
He had a trainer that spoke for him or something. I’m sure he’s a hanger on/handler/leach hoping to get some money one day soon. You don’t have to believe it but it was in some articles about his recruitment.

bottom line a 3/4 is not what we really need
he would have been a luxury not a need

Definitely.

I think we are fine with Ware, Jackson, Fletcher, and Allen coming off the bench at the 3/4.

Would have been nice to have a 6’9 shooter coming off the bench, but this kid probably thought he deserved to start.

Memphis is probably a great place for him. The AAC is mid-major, but still a step up from his league. He’ll see a little better competition and have a chance to shine.

He would have been another piece of the puzzle on a contender here.

Priorities. Some prefer to be a big fish in a little pond.

Definitely.

I think we are fine with Ware, Jackson, Fletcher, and Allen coming off the bench at the 3/4.

Would have been nice to have a 6’9 shooter coming off the bench, but this kid probably thought he deserved to start.

Memphis is probably a great place for him. The AAC is mid-major, but still a step up from his league. He’ll see a little better competition and have a chance to shine.

He would have been another piece of the puzzle on a contender here.

Priorities. Some prefer to be a big fish in a little pond.
So is this it, or do we add one more? Still wondering who Brooks was talking about.

Yeah he turns 24 this fall.

He was in DeAaron Fox's class out of high school. He was in a home school program, then took a year off or something, then a prep school / junior college, Then had to sit out his "freshmen" year at Evansville due to eligibility, while finally getting to play his "sophomore" year this past season.

What!? He's a JUNIOR? What in the Dancin F'Emmerts ..... I thought he was a GRAD transfer.... I need to stop posting on basketball recruiting, period.

So is this it, or do we add one more? Still wondering who Brooks was talking about.

It’s hard to say at this point.

Sarr might not get a waiver, so we may still need a big man.

Cal has two open spots. I doubt he fills both.

Cal may sign one more just in case Sarr can’t play.

But I think he will be very selective.

Now if Sarr is ruled eligible in the next few weeks or so, then I think Cal is done.

It’s hard to say at this point.

Sarr might not get a waiver, so we may still need a big man.

Cal has two open spots. I doubt he fills both.

Cal may sign one more just in case Sarr can’t play.

But I think he will be very selective.

Now if Sarr is ruled eligible in the next few weeks or so, then I think Cal is done.
Would like to get Maker. We have two scholarships left don’t we?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT