ADVERTISEMENT

DeAndre Williams To Memphis.

If the guy doing interviews on Williams behalf is in charge of that young mans career then he might want to rethink who’s in charge in his inner circle. The schools on his final list had loaded rosters from what I understand so why not have a schools that’s needing a stretch four on your list. His mentor seemed clueless about the rosters on his list which was weird also

Done deal.
giphy.gif

Reactions: villefan76
Williams was backup plan for a backup plan for a backup in case Olivier doesn’t pass the ncaa, which he will. It was just an offer for a kid who’s not good enough to play at UK a chance at playing for the big time. We don’t make commitments to bench warmups like Williams. Memphis made him feel special because he’s a special type of recruit for them. He’s a nobody who will end up out of a team and unheard of.

Kyle Tucker said it best,

“There’s a lot going on there with a 24-year-old Class of 2016 guy who played for a home school team, had a lost year, then prep school, then ineligible year and has 18 career D1 games.”

He’s a nobody That shouldn’t have even been given a shot at a UK uniform in the first place. He suits a mid major college like Memphis.

From earlier reports Cal DID in fact back out of this young man's recruitment, but whatever. He would have been a luxury for us and would have been fighting for minutes, IMO.

Yes, of course I would have liked to have had the kid, he's a terrific 3 point shooter if nothing else, but I firmly believe we will be just fine even if Cal doesn't add another player, although I WOULD like to see him add a true 5 to back up Sarr.

I wish the young man the best, but I think he would have been better off at Arky or Baylor than with Penny, but that's again JMO.
I'm glad he went to Memphis. They are not a threat and Penny won't do anything with him. Baylor will be real good and Arkansas is looking up plus we play them at least once.

I always had a weird feeling about a guy that was on a team that beat us

Personally, I always had a weird feeling about Cal even offering a kid like Williams. He’s pure garbage, and if UK is offering a guy like that during a time like Cal, then Cal missed so many marks I don’t even want to think about it.

It’s not about who beat who when this happens, it’s about why the hell does Cal even know his name?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
UK got the person they needed most in Sarr. Williams would have been a luxury, not a necessity. With that being said, I'd rather see the minutes go to Brooks and the young guys anyways.
Really excited about Sarr and Williams would not play over Brooks so he's probably making the best move for himself. But he's proven on the college level (well, small college anyway) unlike Ware or Jackson so he would probably be more productive next year. But if Sarr and Brooks stay healthy and out of foul trouble, tehy should both play 28-30 minutes a game. That means we only need Ware and Jackson for 5-6 minutes a half.

Really excited about Sarr and Williams would not play over Brooks so he's probably making the best move for himself. But he's proven on the college level (well, small college anyway) unlike Ware or Jackson so he would probably be more productive next year. But if Sarr and Brooks stay healthy and out of foul trouble, tehy should both play 28-30 minutes a game. That means we only need Ware and Jackson for 5-6 minutes a half.

Williams hasn’t proven anything really. He’s a 2016 recruit that’s had issues the entire way and managed 18 D1 games since his original recruiting class 4 1/2 years ago.

This guy shouldn’t have even been considered for a big time program like UK. Wake up Cal if you’re offering this kid at anytime we’ve got some issues.

Askew/Mintz
Clarke/Allen
Boston/Fletcher
Brooks/Ware
Sarr/Jakckson

If Sarr is eligible and the frosh live up to the hype, then this roster seems poised to be there at the end. May take some lumps here or there early on, but the goal would be to try and avoid too many losses early where it impacts their seeding.

Another miss by Cal!!!
Cal has got to step it up. Getting the number one transfer in Sarr is not enough. He should have got the 16th best transfer that was not a need.
For the second time in three years, Kentucky has landed the most prized transfer on college basketball's free agent market.

In 2018, the Wildcats added Stanford grad transfer Reid Travis, who started 28 games and averaged 11.2 points and 7.2 rebounds per game in helping lead UK to a 30-7 mark and an Elite Eight appearance in 2019.

This spring, head coach John Calipari scored Wake Forest 7-footer Olivier Sarr, who committed to and signed with Kentucky last week.

One positive I like about the roster as it stands, the young guys will not be looking over their shoulder after they mess up. And they’ve all played together in summer ball for the most part. I’m probably way off base with this take but I like it.

He was a luxury.

I am sure Cal wanted him as a backup and this kid wanted to be the star. Same with Anselem.

He is a 6’9 shooter. One of the few things we don’t have on this roster.

But he might not get to play. That hurt his value I am sure.

I don’t doubt that Cal kept showing him love. He would have helped us.

Like I said, a luxury instead of a necessity.

I think the roster is set unless someone really good comes along or Sarr doesn’t get his waiver.

Williams was backup plan for a backup plan for a backup in case Olivier doesn’t pass the ncaa, which he will. It was just an offer for a kid who’s not good enough to play at UK a chance at playing for the big time. We don’t make commitments to bench warmups like Williams. Memphis made him feel special because he’s a special type of recruit for them. He’s a nobody who will end up out of a team and unheard of.

Kyle Tucker said it best,

“There’s a lot going on there with a 24-year-old Class of 2016 guy who played for a home school team, had a lost year, then prep school, then ineligible year and has 18 career D1 games.”

He’s a nobody That shouldn’t have even been given a shot at a UK uniform in the first place. He suits a mid major college like Memphis.

I wish I could post the gif from Friday right now, but I don’t know how to.

The one we’re Cube and Tucker go:

DAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT