ADVERTISEMENT

David Sisk looks at Carr

Beyond the individual skill, look at the obviously better defensive coaching. Watching our team the last few years, it was incredibly frustrating seeing how pathetically coached we were on the defensive end.

Our team defense was completely pathetic and it was all on coaching. We basically had five guys all playing 1 on 1 defense and it made guys look much worse on defense than they really are.

Middle ball screens were automatic baskets against us as was basically any ball screen/pnr.

It's pretty exciting to consider having an actual basketball coach and staff who will use guys in their best capacity.

Make fun of them all you want but they were still cats. Let’s not forget that.
There was a time when a player played for UK I would always consider them a Cat for life, but in todays college basketball, not so much.
Todays players are not here for the education, environment, life friendships, looking ahead in life for a possible re-location after school, nothing but money and what can you do for me.
There was a time when a kid was offered a scholarship worth thousands of dollars a year, that meant something.

These players today are nothing more than a bunch of "basketball mercenaries" for hire. They do not care about UK, its tradition, the fans, nothing but a paycheck.
Can you seriously tell me you can see a future with what we have now in UK hanging any players name in the Rafters in Rupp?

This is worse than a rec ball coach who gets a new team each year to start with. Only now, if some kid or his parents don't like the coach, they just leave whenever they want to go play for their rival.
You leave UK to go play against UK, you can eat s**t and get buried there for all I care.

If you truly bleed blue, you bleed blue till the end.

They were toothpicks who, for whatever reason, refused to play hard defense, set real picks, and just get after it.

Lack of any semblance of coaching/repercussions for poor effort will do that.

The only players I’ll dog for the shitshow that was last year are the ones that were stupid enough to follow the parasite that is Cal to his next host/victim.

Beyond the individual skill, look at the obviously better defensive coaching. Watching our team the last few years, it was incredibly frustrating seeing how pathetically coached we were on the defensive end.

Our team defense was completely pathetic and it was all on coaching. We basically had five guys all playing 1 on 1 defense and it made guys look much worse on defense than they really are.

Middle ball screens were automatic baskets against us as was basically any ball screen/pnr.

It's pretty exciting to consider having an actual basketball coach and staff who will use guys in their best capacity.
It was definitely part coaching, but you can't lay it all on coaching. To play defense you have to have people WILLING to play it. Our guys last year just simply did not want to engage and stay engaged, they just wanted to outscore everybody. Sometimes it worked, and well,,, sometimes it didn't.

They’re not our players. They’re now Arkansas and Ohio State players.

And I hardly think it excessive bashing to point out that our bigs last year were too much on the soft and skinny side. That’s just stating the truth.

I think Bradshaw, Big Z, and Ugo tried their best with the coaching they were given. They gave more to UK basketball than me and you, and insulting their physical appearance and calling them wimps is poor form imo. Bash Cal all you want but see no reason to bash the players unless they do something excessively negative like Shaedon Sharp.

Last edited:
They’re not our players. They’re now Arkansas and Ohio State players.

And I hardly think it excessive bashing to point out that our bigs last year were too much on the soft and skinny side. That’s just stating the truth.
We're in a season where player's are now becoming mercenaries.

Following Cal to Arkansas shows where their loyalty lies and that isn’t with Kentucky. Why should we as fans be loyal to someone like that?

@Ron Mehico So a player that was paid 6-7 figures and didn’t win a tournament game, left after 6 months, gave more to Uk than someone who has bought season tickets, donated to NIL, bought merch, concessions for YEARS?

That’s a crock….

It was definitely part coaching, but you can't lay it all on coaching. To play defense you have to have people WILLING to play it. Our guys last year just simply did not want to engage and stay engaged, they just wanted to outscore everybody. Sometimes it worked, and well,,, sometimes it didn't.

Effort or want to eas not the problem. Anything with a screen, either on or off the ball, were automatic baskets. Players can't defend screens on their own. It's team defense.

Nothing showed that better than the Oakland game. Cal expected guys to individually defend double and stagger screens. That's impossible and gets exactly what we got. That's undoubtedly why their coach was excited when they drew us.

It was pathetic, I don’t know how we went from being a defensive juggernaut under Cal to what we were the last 5 years. He obviously stopped coaching them on small things, even simple things like position and rotations. I think Robic was the one who did that stuff honestly. The drop off was dramatic.

Effort or want to eas not the problem. Anything with a screen, either on or off the ball, were automatic baskets. Players can't defend screens on their own. It's team defense.

Nothing showed that better than the Oakland game. Cal expected guys to individually defend double and stagger screens. That's impossible and gets exactly what we got. That's undoubtedly why their coach was excited when they drew us.
Cal seemed to only care about having someone in position to block a shot. The problem was we fell for every pump fake ever.

They were toothpicks who, for whatever reason, refused to play hard defense, set real picks, and just get after it. FACT. Keep getting offended with that sock account all you want. Calipari >>>>>>>>
Oscar was anything but a toothpick and he was equally as bad as a defender . They would have all been a lot better with quality coaching.

@Ron Mehico So a player that was paid 6-7 figures and didn’t win a tournament game, left after 6 months, gave more to Uk than someone who has bought season tickets, donated to NIL, bought merch, concessions for YEARS?

That’s a crock….

Correct, that’s my opinion. If you want to bash teenagers though knock yourself out.

Correct, that’s my opinion. If you want to bash teenagers though knock yourself out.

Where did I bash or say it was ok to bash? We shouldn’t be looked down on if we choose to not support those players any longer.

Also, stating a player is skinny and got pushed around isn’t bashing. It’s the truth and an assessment of what we watched last year and for years before that.

You’re entitled to your opinion though and I respect that. Have a good one, sir.

Where did I bash or say it was ok to bash? We shouldn’t be looked down on if we choose to not support those players any longer.

Also, stating a player is skinny and got pushed around isn’t bashing. It’s the truth and an assessment of what we watched last year and for years before that.

You’re entitled to your opinion though and I respect that. Have a good one, sir.

You too my man! I give players crap all the time, but I was specifically responding to the poster that called the kids toothpicks and then said they needed bandaids. That’s insults, not constructive criticism. Believe me my man I criticized Saul Smith all the way to Justin Edwards, but not the way the poster I replied to did. That’s all. I think we probably agree and are of the same opinion to be honest, just read the specific post I responded to.

There was a time when a player played for UK I would always consider them a Cat for life, but in todays college basketball, not so much.
Todays players are not here for the education, environment, life friendships, looking ahead in life for a possible re-location after school, nothing but money and what can you do for me.
There was a time when a kid was offered a scholarship worth thousands of dollars a year, that meant something.

These players today are nothing more than a bunch of "basketball mercenaries" for hire. They do not care about UK, its tradition, the fans, nothing but a paycheck.
Can you seriously tell me you can see a future with what we have now in UK hanging any players name in the Rafters in Rupp?

This is worse than a rec ball coach who gets a new team each year to start with. Only now, if some kid or his parents don't like the coach, they just leave whenever they want to go play for their rival.
You leave UK to go play against UK, you can eat s**t and get buried there for all I care.

If you truly bleed blue, you bleed blue till the end.
That’s true to an extent. However, they had to compensate these guys for their talents. Capitalism at its finest. I know it’s not traditional and it’s different, but the NCAA and college conferences were getting filthy rich off the backs of these kids. Wasn’t right.

You too my man! I give players crap all the time, but I was specifically responding to the poster that called the kids toothpicks and then said they needed bandaids. That’s insults, not constructive criticism. Believe me my man I criticized Saul Smith all the way to Justin Edwards, but not the way the poster I replied to did. That’s all. I think we probably agree and are of the same opinion to be honest, just read the specific post I responded to.

Yes we have the same opinion on that for sure.

I will never take personal shots at players but I will criticize the crap out of their play on the court.. lol

In reality, I still wish those guys well and a future playing the game. I just won’t support them or anything like that.

Reactions: Ron Mehico

Big Z and Bradshaw were both over 20 last year. They ain't teenagers.

And I think it time to dispense with the silly notion that these players are delicate flowers who must be protected from any sort of criticism. They're all adults. They're all now de facto professionals being paid very well to do what they do. And most nowadays see themselves as mercenaries using UK as just a brief pit stop on the way to somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure players in that position can handle being critiqued on a message board (that I'm sure they never read anyways) without wilting.

Big Z and Bradshaw were both over 20 last year. They ain't teenagers.

And I think it time to dispense with the silly notion that these players are delicate flowers who must be protected from any sort of criticism. They're all adults. They're all now de facto professionals being paid very well to do what they do. And most nowadays see themselves as mercenaries using UK as just a brief pit stop on the way to somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure players in that position can handle being critiqued on a message board (that I'm sure they never read anyways) without wilting.

Buddy feel free to do whatever you want. I criticize players all the time, I mean I gave wheeler all sorts of shit. I just think the criticism from that guy poster was in poor taste. Bradshaw and Z and Ugo all seemed to have a great attitude and played hard for us all year, I saw no issues with any of those three guys. Thought they were used and coached horribly. But at the end of the day if you want to critique their looks and not their game have fun with it, you do you. I hope you’re okay with me saying my peace, which really was to that specific guys posts. I just thought his post and criticism was in poor taste and came out of nowhere tbh, the thread was about Carr who doesn’t even play the 5 anyway. Just read his post, thought it was silly.

. But at the end of the day if you want to critique their looks and not their game have fun with it, you do you.
I have never said anything critical about any player’s “looks", so don't direct that nonsense toward me. And I believe that other poster only brought up physical appearance in the context of pointing out that they were too skinny ...which is a physical trait plainly relevant to basketball performance ....especially for bigs.

You're being a bit of a drama queen, nobody has said anything nearly as bad as you're making it sound.

I have never said anything critical about any player’s “looks", so don't direct that nonsense toward me. And I believe that other poster only brought up physical appearance in the context of pointing out that they were too skinny ...which is a physical trait plainly relevant to basketball performance ....especially for bigs.

You're being a bit of a drama queen, nobody has said anything nearly as bad as you're making it sound.

Why don’t you go outside and take a breath. I specifically responded to that guy poster who in his post started randomly bringing up our trio of centers calling them toothpicks in a post about our starting 4 for next year. He never even responded to my post saying I thought it was immature so he felt he couldn’t defend himself so it’s all good. Just take a breath, everything is going to be alright lol

Why don’t you go outside and take a breath. I specifically responded to that guy poster who in his post started randomly bringing up our trio of centers calling them toothpicks in a post about our starting 4 for next year. He never even responded to my post saying I thought it was immature so he felt he couldn’t defend himself so it’s all good. Just take a breath, everything is going to be alright lol
Shouldn’t you be giving that advice to yourself? You’re the guy who started this kerfuffle by admonishing other posters. …and now can’t seem to leave it.

I’m just being amused.

It isn’t the first time that poster has shown lack of respect for players. Constructive criticism and insulting are definitely different, I agree.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Shouldn’t you be giving that advice to yourself? You’re the guy who started this kerfuffle by admonishing other posters. …and now can’t seem to leave it.

I’m just being amused.

I’m just responding to your emotional posts my man 😂 Feel free to read all my posts in this thread, they’ve been pretty low key and I’m enjoying the talk with fellow big blue brothers. If you want to talk directly to me I’ll happily respond, even if you’re being a tad dramatic but all good!

Speaking of Lil-Z.
I saw a podcast last night and the three dudes were talking about a transfer hitting the portal once again this year and Lil-Z's name popped up as one of the predictions.
Z was the first player to commit to Arky and so far he may have went from team captain to non-starter, backing up Adioo and Adou at the 4/5 spots, that's if CalU doesn't add anymore inside players.
Potential Z landing spot, Illinois, to play with his twin brother and Coach O is there............🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I’m just responding to your emotional posts my man 😂 Feel free to read all my posts in this thread, they’ve been pretty low key and I’m enjoying the talk with fellow big blue brothers. If you want to talk directly to me I’ll happily respond, even if you’re being a tad dramatic but all good!
None of my posts were even the slightest bit emotional. If you read them that way, then I can only presume it’s because you had an emotional reaction to them.

None of my posts were even the slightest bit emotional. If you read them that way, then I can only presume it’s because you had an emotional reaction to them.

Oh wow you’re still responding to me! Thanks so much for the attention, I dont really have much to respond to with this post as it doesn’t really have any cogent points or much substance, so I’ll just say thanks so much and please leave me alone unless you want to talk basketball, thanks!

Last edited:
Oh wow you’re still responding to me! Thanks so much for the attention, I dont really have much to respond to with this post as it doesn’t really have any cogent points or much substance, so it ll just say thanks so much and please leave me alone unless you want to talk basketball, thanks!

It’s like you’re speaking to a mirror. Every word you’ve said in this post applies to your posts more than those of anyone else in this thread. Thanks for the attention!

You know, you are capable of not responding yourself, right? But since you obviously have some insecure need to get in the last word, I know you won’t.

It’s like you’re speaking to a mirror. Every word you’ve said in this post applies to your posts more than those of anyone else in this thread. Thanks for the attention!

You know, you are capable of not responding yourself, right? But since you obviously have some insecure need to get in the last word, I know you won’t.

K, thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT