ADVERTISEMENT

Dantonio steps down at Michigan State....

Indyadolph

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 16, 2003
Wow.
Just wow.

Always thought the guy did a good job!
Went something like 13-1 in 2013, with the only loss at Notre Dame by like 3 points!

Program went stale, was likely out after 2020 even without the NCAA/off the field stuff.

Blackwell continues to say he was made the "fall guy" following a 2017 on-campus party where three MSU football players allegedly sexual assaulted a female. MSU Police accused Blackwell of obstructing the investigation, which included more than 100 witness interviews and eventually led to pled-down convictions and removal from the team for the three football players. Blackwell has said MSU was eager to make a big statement regarding sexual misconduct under the cloud of the Larry Nassar scandal.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...ommitted-multiple-ncaa-violations/4655797002/

The program and coach has/had been in the news on the wrong side for the last few years.

Reactions: NewWildcatOrder
He got a big bonus if he was there til last week. I can’t imagine MSU didn’t try to buy that out early so they could look for another coach

Reactions: Mr.Morris
That’s almost a lateral move at this point..

It Isn't crazy to say that? I think you are 100% correct that the Kentucky job today is better than the Michigan State job. It will be interesting to see the quality of coach that they are able to attract. Other than Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State is there a more attractive coaching position in the Big 10 than Kentucky? (Also tells you how far Nebraska has fallen since the Nebraska of when I was growing up).

It is thought Fickell at Cincy and Narduzzi at Pitt are the leading candidates. Honestly, I don't see why anybody would want that job.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Now the Cincinnati job coming open is a little nerve racking in regards to keeping Marrow. He would still have the Ohio pipeline but in a better conference opposed to Youngstown St and also will be able to poach KY.

I think this position coming up will open up more doors in regards to Michigan Recruits.

It Isn't crazy to say that? I think you are 100% correct that the Kentucky job today is better than the Michigan State job. It will be interesting to see the quality of coach that they are able to attract. Other than Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State is there a more attractive coaching position in the Big 10 than Kentucky? (Also tells you how far Nebraska has fallen since the Nebraska of when I was growing up).

Wisconsin and as of now Indiana went to a better bowl this year than Kentucky

Now the Cincinnati job coming open is a little nerve racking in regards to keeping Marrow. He would still have the Ohio pipeline but in a better conference opposed to Youngstown St and also will be able to poach KY.
I don’t think Marrow will be considered for a position like that. Too much of a jump imo.

Reactions: Canned Heat
I don’t think Marrow will be considered for a position like that. Too much of a jump imo.

Agree. Cincy FB is above the other level of teams in Ohio. Let’s hope because the current Cincy coach would be the first one I call if I’m MSU.

Wisconsin and Iowa are still better jobs than UK for now. Stoops has UK playing real SEC football and the buzz is growing. UK is playing the best football of the BBAll Blue Bloods and can elevate Uk above the two mentioned as benchmark schools. Louisville and Indiana are not as good a benchmark as Wisconsin. A few more bowl wins and UK assistants will be getting shots at the top jobs at Power Conference schools. UK reputation us growing fast though.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I am biased but I don't care.. UK is a great place to build a top notch program in FB and I think Stoops is doing a very good job of making it look better than ever before..
Only a few more classes like he has brought in and this place will be rocking..

GBB

He was just recently paid a 4+ million dollar “retention” bonus. I guess he felt this was a good time to skate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT