ADVERTISEMENT

Damn straight

Sorry but I cant take seriously a Man that coaches woman’s athletics.
Let the Woman Coach the Woman and the Men Coach the Men.

muppets-muppet-show.gif

It's a great point about contracts. Players wanted to be paid like it's a job? Well, ok.. but here's the stipulations. You want to get paid like an adult, you're going to have responsibilities like one.

We're never going back to the student athlete. That dream is dead. So the only thing to do now, at least in regards to college basketball, is push ahead. Give every player salaries, but force them to sign contracts. Make transferring near impossible through these contracts. I'd also make it performance based.

We have to pay them now, but with that, comes some flexibility for the "employer" as well.

It's a great point about contracts. Players wanted to be paid like it's a job? Well, ok.. but here's the stipulations. You want to get paid like an adult, you're going to have responsibilities like one.

We're never going back to the student athlete. That dream is dead. So the only thing to do now, at least in regards to college basketball, is push ahead. Give every player salaries, but force them to sign contracts. Make transferring near impossible through these contracts. I'd also make it performance based.

We have to pay them now, but with that, comes some flexibility for the "employer" as well.
Yep. You can make it 2 year contracts to essentially recreate the 1 time undergrad transfer rule + 1 grad transfer. If a player leaves early then there is a buyout that the receiving team has to pay.

Just like coaches, thats always the shallow argument ppl like to use about why players should be able to transfer yearly and chase money, but coaches don’t bounce around year to year. They sign extended contracts that more often than not have buyouts associated if they pursue another opportunity

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

Contracts have been the obvious missing component of the NIL era. Coaches have to have some level of predictability or it will all fall apart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT