ADVERTISEMENT

Damn, Kentucky fans are UGLY

I know you are responding to the crazies, but Some of us want the OC and OL coach gone and CMS to hire an actual ST coach. UK had momentum from last year. The wheels started coming off at ole miss w special teams meltdown. The staff gave up on the scar game too. Jmo
I know some fans want the OC gone but it might not be the right decision. People also want Levis running all the time but that also may not be the right decision. A combination of young receivers, Levis still trying to perfect his craft, and beyond leaky OLine (Young guys here too), may be making Scang look worse than it really is.

Same goes for giving Levis the option to take off all of the time. IMO, that stunts his growth as.a quarterback. The staff also sold guys like Robinson, Dingle, Brown, and Key that UK is committed to passing the more and being balanced. If you give in and give up on the line and Levis, you're not living up to what you told those guys. Growth isn't always going to be a straight vertical, at times, there's going to be some growing pains.

I know you are responding to the crazies, but Some of us want the OC and OL coach gone and CMS to hire an actual ST coach. UK had momentum from last year. The wheels started coming off at ole miss w special teams meltdown. The staff gave up on the scar game too. Jmo

I'm not opposed to any of that either.

Reactions: Lost In FL
I just think people aren’t ire’s of investing time and money into a team that isn’t fun to watch. We haven’t seen good football with the exception of last year during the whole Stoops tenure.

Sorry, when Vandy beats you, it’s time to consider handing someone’s hat to them.
Yesner and scang both need to go. They are both horrible and their units have gotten worse as season progressed. Stoops is a great coach but these 2 are horrible hires. It's not the players and it is not stoops. If all you aholes want to trash someone at least try to trash the ones that deserve it

The Law of Averages caught up with KY this year.
We are not Alabama ... we cannot run from The Law.
Over the previous six (6) seasons, we were 16-2 against MIZZ, USC and Vandy. It was totally unreasonable to expect us to continue that kind of dominance. It is that simple.

I will say that the pre-season hype, by our coaches, local and National media, created unreasonable expectations for the fans. Failing to live up to the hype has bred discontent and even anger, unfortunately.

Lessons be learned by all ...
Bama is not to there standards this season either

Reactions: Girthang
I have been high on Stoops since the beginning. Today is the first time I’ve been worried about the future of the program. This one is going to make recruiting harder.
Next year there will be no Levis and CRod. With a thin blue paper wall, it’s going to hard to bring in a QB or RB. Not sure if we keep our talented WR’s.
This season, today in particular, has set us back. Next week could be so bad that we won’t have any heart left for the UL game. Our coaches and players better get it together quick or this could get Joker era level bad.

"Chris from Richmond" was in rare form after the game in the radio, to say the least. He took no prisoners and wants the house cleaned.

when we lose and when we win. Ready to trash the team and staff on our first "bad" season (by NEW AND RECENT standards only) and move on completely from a coach that has done an amazing job with a program that sucked dog sht off an on for decades and hadn't seen a 10 win season in 40 years.

I know yall are still smartin after that suck ass basketball season or two that we've had, but don't take out on football what you should've taken out on basketball. If you can stop yourself.

-So many asholes on this and every other board said they'd be happy if we went to a bowl game and were competitive in the SEC before Stoops was hired.
-Said we'd never get there.
-Said Stoops couldn't get us where we've been.

He's ended streaks, beat teams with much higher ranked recruiting classes every one of the last 5-6 years, taken us to 10 win seasons, beaten teams in bowl games that we used to lose to, and recruited AND DEVELOPED better talent year over year than any coach we've seen in a very long time, if ever.

Yall don't deserve winning football. There are about 70k UK fans spread out across the country that are true and faithful to this football program. The rest of you are ingrates that deserve the 2-10 years because you are complaining or spewing bs about the program 90% of the time.

A friend just sent me a text of a self-described "huge UK Football fan" trashing the team and the program on social media and gloating that they lost "because Stoops said" months ago that UK isn't just a basketball school. As if the 2 thingd are in any way related. Is that how FANS of a program act?

Yall wanted Brooks gone. You got what you wanted and deserved from JP. Careful What You Wish For ... actually, no. You get what you deserve when you keep asking for it. So ask away you fkn morons, ingrates, and serial abusers. The only reason the team has done this well over the past 5-6 seasons IS THIS STAFF, the players who turned down more historied programs to come here, and the fans that love and support this program publicly even when they have a bad showing.
Damn. Somehow I missed where you were voted the dictator of this board. Your insight is right up there with HH and Eddie. Hook up with them and you can be the UK version of the ‘three stooges’.

Stoops built a nice product and got rewarded both financially and with fan / administration support like never before. He sh*t the bed this year with better talent and a more favorable schedule than we’ve had in years. You don’t get a year off because you’ve done a good job. You don’t get spanked by Vandy (at home) because you’ve been doing better than JP. You post like a UT fan.

when we lose and when we win. Ready to trash the team and staff on our first "bad" season (by NEW AND RECENT standards only) and move on completely from a coach that has done an amazing job with a program that sucked dog sht off an on for decades and hadn't seen a 10 win season in 40 years.

I know yall are still smartin after that suck ass basketball season or two that we've had, but don't take out on football what you should've taken out on basketball. If you can stop yourself.

-So many asholes on this and every other board said they'd be happy if we went to a bowl game and were competitive in the SEC before Stoops was hired.

He's ended streaks, beat teams with much higher ranked recruiting classes every one of the last 5-6 years, taken us to 10 win seasons, beaten teams in bowl games that we used to lose to, and recruited AND DEVELOPED better talent year over year than any coach we've seen in a very long time, if ever.

Yall don't deserve winning football. There are about 70k UK fans spread out across the country that are true and faithful to this football program. The rest of you are ingrates that deserve the 2-10 years because you are complaining or spewing bs about the program 90% of the time.

A friend just sent me a text of a self-described "huge UK Football fan" trashing the team and the program on social media and gloating that they lost "because Stoops said" months ago that UK isn't just a basketball school. As if the 2 thingd are in any way related. Is that how FANS of a program act?

Yall wanted Brooks gone. You got what you wanted and deserved from JP. Careful What You Wish For ... actually, no. You get what you deserve when you keep asking for it. So ask away you fkn morons, ingrates, and serial abusers. The only reason the team has done this well over the past 5-6 seasons IS THIS STAFF, the players who turned down more historied programs to come here, and the fans that love and support this program publicly even when they have a bad showing.

1.) That's the problem with winning mate, you set a precedent. While our precedent isn't 10 win seasons, it also isn't losing to a horribly overmanned Vandy team at home. It isn't have 5 consecutive games where we can only muster 7 points in the first half with an alleged 1st round QB, top 5 all time RB and good talent at the skill positions. Our offensive scheme is horrid and Scang should have been fired after the UT debacle.

2.) Stoops has elevated the program from "just win 7 games and you get your check" to eight wins is realistic. But, let's be honest, he's also benefitted from a pretty atrocious SEC East. I'll forever hold him in high regard for how he's managed to have us ready to play UF but the man is 0-10 on the road vs. the West and has struggled mightily against the superior division.

3.) Starting to point the fingers at people about being "real" fans isn't any kind of argument. I remember arguing with PepsiMan99 12 years ago about how poor of a coach and decision it was to hire Joker Phillips. I'm no more or less of a fan if I can see the writing on the wall for Stoops. On paper, this is one of his all time best teams but on the field it's a mangled, undisciplined squad hampered by a horrific line (his OC and Line coach hires this year were HUGE whiffs) and he missed pretty drastically in the portal for our secondary. Are we better than we were 8 years ago? Absolutely. Should that be the barometer? I don't think so.

4.) Your friend is reacting to a person reacting (irrationally) on Social Media because they likely will find people that agree with them there. That's how irrational people act in the heat of the moment. He may feel different tomorrow or he may truly feel that way, he doesn't represent everyone and you likely know that.

5.) There wasn't much appetite to run off Rich Brooks. Much like now, a lot of people were arguing that we were likely at the extent of what we could accomplish after the end of the 07 season. From that 4th stop against LSU to losing four out of five including a heartbreaker to Tennessee, everyone could kind of see the writing on the wall. As it stands now, we are losing recruits and becoming less and less attractive as a program because our identity is confusing and because we've had 5 OC's under Stoops (and hopefully a sixth come next year).

6.) The reason we did well the past 5-6 seasons were because of the people at the helm like Schlarman, Sumrall, Coen and many others. They are now gone either taken from us or onto better things. The replacements have been, less than that. I have 0 doubt we'd have one loss right now if Coen is OC (Tennessee in that environment would be tough regardless). There was a lot of unknown when he was hired but excitement, I don't recall the same when Scang got the nod.

I'm saying all of that to say this, your response to the way people are reacting is just the same energy from an opposite perspective. It's not wrong to be frustrated with this loss to a level that you want to see change. I think it's misguided to want Stoops gone but you could also make the argument that a lot of the issues we face today could be directly related to the way he runs this program (no ST coordinator, poor hires this offseason, completely undisciplined play out of bye weeks and during trap games like today, poor clock management, super conservative playcalling especially on offense, etc.). Do I want him gone? No. But I think he needs to cut ties with Scangarello and Yenser and let Gran see what he can do with this group, something he never had.

Just another perspective.

My wife was bitching about the game. She is a band wagoner. I had to remind her that I followed the Cats starting 1976. Seen it all. Used to lay in my bed, dark room, listening on the radio to UK getting clobbered by Fla 73-3. This is nothing for me. Tell you how bad Ky. Football has been. Get this...Stoops is the winningest coach in UK history! So, lean back and appreciate where are and remember where we've been.

This is stockholm syndrome. Stoops has done tremendously well here but the reaction to a gut punch loss like today is not to reminisce about how terrible we were 30 years ago. There are legitimate complaints to be raised about how Stoops is managing this program right now.

This is stockholm syndrome. Stoops has done tremendously well here but the reaction to a gut punch loss like today is not to reminisce about how terrible we were 30 years ago. There are legitimate complaints to be raised about how Stoops is managing this program right now.
Is that not equally an overreaction? He had the offense set for this year, all the way up to the point he didn't. The one job Coen would leave for happened to open up. So here we are with the third OC in three years.

Is that not equally an overreaction? He had the offense set for this year, all the way up to the point he didn't. The one job Coen would leave for happened to open up. So here we are with the third OC in three years.

It's not an overreaction to show alarm when you lose a game you should not lose, at home in a must win game given what's at stake the next two weeks. If you find issue with the issues I've raised above as an overreaction, I'd welcome that discussion. I just doubt you'd find many people who think our offensive coordinator has been successful with this program, our offensive line is progressing through the season, our special teams has been anything other than special and our game management has been acutely aggressive.

He made a bad hire and apparently just said that he isn't making changes, so, he has to eat this season as his decision.

We lost to Vanderbilt at home with a backup QB
With the way we play it's no surprise but yet it's frustrating because each year the HIGHS are quickly matched by big LOWS- even the expected results at time are ok but it's how the team often shows up not prepared - MS St last yr- Tennessee this year

SEC East is finally gaining some momentum and we were lucky to see traditionally solid programs tinkering with coaching staff that were not successful

After every loss you can guarantee their will be a thread about how sorry our fans are. It's the same on the basketball board.Folks the FANS didn't just lose at home to one of the worst teams in Division 1 football. All the fans at the game did was pay a small fortune to go sit in freezing cold weather to watch that garbage. For those of us at home it was the bitter realization that once again UKs football team is not very good, For me most of the 55 years I have been watching end this way. Tonight at least, the coaches AND the players deserve every bit of criticism they recieve, WHY, because unlike many of the years I have seen UK football fail we were much more talented than our opponent and lost. Point your criticism WHERE it BELONGS on our coaches and team, our fans didn't have a damn thing to do with it

It's not an overreaction to show alarm when you lose a game you should not lose, at home in a must win game given what's at stake the next two weeks. If you find issue with the issues I've raised above as an overreaction, I'd welcome that discussion. I just doubt you'd find many people who think our offensive coordinator has been successful with this program, our offensive line is progressing through the season, our special teams has been anything other than special and our game management has been acutely aggressive.

He made a bad hire and apparently just said that he isn't making changes, so, he has to eat this season as his decision.
Losing to Vandy at home, no excuse for that. IMO the defense needed to play way better and we win that game, even with the offense struggling.

A lot of people are calling for heads but really they just don't like the end result of the offense right now. Is Yenser being judge fairly with five new starters? I'm not convinced he is but practice may tell a different story. Is Stoops on board with the coaching techniques, that's the part known of us know. It may just be that these guys are behind on the learning curve, I simply can't tell. They are working on their third scheme, a coach that health issues for much of the year, two years ago. Then a coach that was rumored to be pure a**hole in his coaching style, now to this year. A another new coach with new coaching techniques, new scheme. So how do any of us know what is leading to this. If a change is needed, I'm sure it will happen not long after the last game.

Scang, again, who knows. His plays are getting guys open. We either don't have time too make the play or we miss it. Is that all on Scang? I don't think it is. My personal opinion, as long as there is not a chemistry problem on the staff, continuity is more important for next year than a new scheme.

Yesner and scang both need to go. They are both horrible and their units have gotten worse as season progressed. Stoops is a great coach but these 2 are horrible hires. It's not the players and it is not stoops. If all you aholes want to trash someone at least try to trash the ones that deserve it
This.... Stoops is enamored with guys who've been in the NFL..... guess what? I used to work in a hospital....no one wants me performing their surgery. Get over the NFL love affair and hire quality people anywhere they may be. His 2 best hires were from Troy. Sumrall and Schlarman.

That's just it. UT and UF haven't been weak. We just matched up with them better in certain years and played better than our recruiting rankings would indicate. It's not time to take the wheels completely off the bus and see if someone else wants to carry this program. No one will want to come here if we push Stoops out the door after all he's done so far.
So you’re saying TN and Fla have been up to their programs standards the last 10 years? If you believe that I don’t know what to say.
I will say that I doubt we beat them again in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost

Nastiest ones are the gamblers that lost money and the ones that live or work with Vandy fans.

One more thing regarding Yenser. If he heads back to the NFL by his own ambitions or Stoops doesn't bring him back. I think the next is and has been working with this OLine all year already. I think this group just to build some chemistry so that they can quit having to think so much on the field. Then they can develop that nasty streak that they are lacking.

We lost to Vanderbilt at home with a backup QB
That's getting way too much air time IMO. Mike Wright was the starter the last two years and the beginning of this year. Vandy didn't trot out the normal back up quarterback scenario today.

SEC East is finally gaining some momentum and we were lucky to see traditionally solid programs tinkering with coaching staff that were not successful
This is where Stoops has been able to be successful IMO. He improved the product on the field at KY while a couple of the perennial sec east powers have been down, but that is OVER.
We have no qb or rb for next year. We will be lucky to keep the skilled players we have on offense. Why would you stay here after the lackluster season when there’s NIL and the portal?
Stoops has had his last big season here, it’s back to hoping for 6 wins and a Music City Bowl bid annually.

This is where Stoops has been able to be successful IMO. He improved the product on the field at KY while a couple of the perennial sec east powers have been down, but that is OVER.
We have no qb or rb for next year. We will be lucky to keep the skilled players we have on offense. Why would you stay here after the lackluster season when there’s NIL and the portal?
Stoops has had his last big season here, it’s back to hoping for 6 wins and a Music City Bowl bid annually.
Yet, we had Ole Miss beat at their place if not for the ST miscues the whole game. Ole Miss gave Bama all they wanted today. This year's team is wildly inconsistent but to act like Stoops doesn't know how to coach is just silly.

Reactions: jauk11 and Girthang
We’ve given Stoops 10 years and $50 million

I know we’ve sucked in the past, but doesn’t mean that’s acceptable anymore. We’ve never put more money and support behind this football program like we have in the past 5 years. We deserve better than Stoops, he’s a decent recruiter and a mediocre coach.

Reactions: ck-2
Yet, we had Ole Miss beat at their place if not for the ST miscues the whole game. Ole Miss gave Bama all they wanted today. This year's team is wildly inconsistent but to act like Stoops doesn't know how to coach is just silly.
Then I guess I’m silly because think the man is clueless. Everyone wants these coordinators fired, well who hired them? How many offensive coordinators has he had? I KNOW he won’t be fired because of how far he’s brought the program. But as I stated earlier I think he’s taken the program as far as he can and now we will go backwards until he moves on. And then we will have lost any momentum we had.

Reactions: Cefiro
Damn. Somehow I missed where you were voted the dictator of this board. Your insight is right up there with HH and Eddie. Hook up with them and you can be the UK version of the ‘three stooges’.

Stoops built a nice product and got rewarded both financially and with fan / administration support like never before. He sh*t the bed this year with better talent and a more favorable schedule than we’ve had in years. You don’t get a year off because you’ve done a good job. You don’t get spanked by Vandy (at home) because you’ve been doing better than JP. You post like a UT fan.

Lmao. You also missed where I didn't say I was "the dictator of the board." Guess the truth hurt too much for you to scroll on by. Yall bitch about UL fans, but act just like em sometimes. Fyi Missouri got spanked by UT. WE got spanked by UT. Vandy beat us by 4 on a late TD that we handed to them with a 15yd penalty.

If that's your definition of "spanked" I can understand where your parents went wrong. Get off JP's dork long enough to chew on some facts. JPs teams played good against good comp one game each year. So don't even try to compare his record with the last 5-6 years of Stoops. It just makes you look like a mental midget with your feelings hurt

Did anyone say anyone "gets a year off" besides you? No. But considering fks like you're doing here have btched DURING and THROUGHOUT 10 win seasons 2X in the last 6 years, MAYBE it's the fkstains that need to take a year off. It would be even better if they never took an interest in UK football again..

Since you didn't notice, it's just you and the rest of the trolls commenting tonight like they haven't all year. They don't come out until the losses come because they waller in that sht all day. Weak.ass.mfrs that live only for drama and misery. That's the company you're keeping

Then I guess I’m silly because think the man is clueless. Everyone wants these coordinators fired, well who hired them? How many offensive coordinators has he had? I KNOW he won’t be fired because of how far he’s brought the program. But as I stated earlier I think he’s taken the program as far as he can and now we will go backwards until he moves on. And then we will have lost any momentum we had.
That's just crazy to me. There was one team on the schedule last year that I didn't think we could be beat. Everybody else, if we played our game, I felt we could win. If that's topped out at UK, I'll take it and twice on Sunday.

What section were you in today? Because I, my wife and a few thousand other uk fans were in there freezing our a** off supporting the cats. So don’t tell me I don’t deserve winning football because I won’t accept losing to fkn Vanderbilt

Last edited:

And the bitching fans... why stay when you have to fight against people claiming to be fans talking you down all off-season and in-season?

Lol. Same sht they said before he got here and after the first 10 win season. Ssdd

That's getting way too much air time IMO. Mike Wright was the starter the last two years and the beginning of this year. Vandy didn't trot out the normal back up quarterback scenario today.
No it’s not. We were 18.5 point favorites. We barely can even score that many points against anyone.

Reactions: ck-2
That's just crazy to me. There was one team on the schedule last year that I didn't think we could be beat. Everybody else, if we played our game, I felt we could win. If that's topped out at UK, I'll take it and twice on Sunday.
That was last year not this year or next year. We killed louisville last year, I doubt we win that game this year. I think the Ga game was 21 -0. I’d be thrilled with that score next weekend. We will be humiliated.

No it’s not. We were 18.5 point favorites. We barely can even score that many points against anyone.
Yes, yes it is. they didn't trot a new back up QB out there, one could argue he's more seasoned than Will Levis is. It was a terrible loss but the back up thing doesn't make it any worse. That's just sound bites.

And the bitching fans... why stay when you have to fight against people claiming to be fans talking you down all off-season and in-season?

Lol. Same sht they said before he got here and after the first 10 win season. Ssdd
I’d love to be wrong. I’m not proclaiming to be the authority like some. I’m just telling you what I see.
It’s not what have you done for me, it’s what have you done for me lately in the coaching world.

Yes, yes it is. they didn't trot a new back up QB out there, one could argue he's more seasoned than Will Levis is. It was a terrible loss but the back up thing doesn't make it any worse. That's just sound bites.
So we got beat by QB #2 then. Is that better? He so seasoned he’d never won a game he’s appeared in until today.

Reactions: STL_Cat
That was last year not this year or next year. We killed louisville last year, I doubt we win that game this year. I think the Ga game was 21 -0. I’d be thrilled with that score next weekend. We will be humiliated.
I didn't think we could lose the UL game but now I'm not as sure. This season isn't going to turn out very good by recent UK/Stoops standards but it's a long ways from burn it down and rebuild it. Replacing the OLine has been far worse than any of us expected, it happens. Lost both of the field generals on Defense for this one, Jones for the last several games, it happens.

Reactions: jauk11
I didn't think we could lose the UL game but now I'm not as sure. This season isn't going to turn out very good by recent UK/Stoops standards but it's a long ways from burn it down and rebuild it. Replacing the OLine has been far worse than any of us expected, it happens. Lost both of the field generals on Defense for this one, Jones for the last several games, it happens.
That’s just the thing, who’s replacing Levis?
C Rod? I’d bet Brown is gone too. Stoops and Marrow have put a much better pool of talent on the field than we’ve seen in years. But they are at a crossroads now imo. Where they have to adapt to NIL and the portal where unhappy players can just jump ship. Guess we’ll see.

That's just it. UT and UF haven't been weak. We just matched up with them better in certain years and played better than our recruiting rankings would indicate. It's not time to take the wheels completely off the bus and see if someone else wants to carry this program. No one will want to come here if we push Stoops out the door after all he's done so far.
Everything you said here is wrong and ignorant.

Can I get a TLDR
TLDR

HOW DARE YOU BE UPSET LOSING TO VANDY AND CRITICIZE STOOOOOOOPPPZZZZ.

- Rebuttal to OP

Stoops, UK, Media, KSR, NIL.
They all wanted us to buy into Kentucky Football. We was fine going to bowl games, we was fine having winning seasons. NIL deals have made some of these players close to millionaires, NFL QB, Best RB ever? Top Talented WRs. What did we do. BBN bought in MORE.

You expect the same FANS of Kentucky basketball to be rational. We are not.
They wanted the same fans to be converted over to Football fans. Well, they did. Now look at the results. Everyone is furious. I've never been a bigger fan of UK football until Stoops showed up. Now I've bought in and so have a lot of other people.

Lately I've been looking forward to UK FOOTBALL way more than basketball. Now why is that? Granted basketball has seen a few rough years since VID-19. But, it appears it's back on track.

It was C'MON root for UK Football too, be crazy about UK football too! It's Kentucky!

Well, you've got the crazy fans here and now you are looking around like ohhhhh what you guys are mad why? We are going to a bowl game?

True BBN fans want glory, we want to see Kentucky be the best.

LOSING TO VANDY AT HOME IS NOT THAT AT ALL.

This football season had lots of hype and it's been the hardest to watch in a LONG time.

• Love
Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT