ADVERTISEMENT

Damion Collins per C. Fisher noted

I've watched basketball for over 75 years and have never seen a ball settle on the rim. That's a soft rim and I always thought soft rims were better for shooters than hard rims.
I was thinking the same, I’ve only watched since early 80’s but pretty sure I had never seen that one before

Reactions: NC Weasel
I get nervous every time he has possession of the ball. He gets swarmed and it looks like someone is going to rip it right out of his hands every time.
He brings the ball down to his waist instead of keeping it held high. That’s something that we were taught in 5th grade elementary school basketball. AAU is ruining fundamentals,

I get nervous every time he has possession of the ball. He gets swarmed and it looks like someone is going to rip it right out of his hands every time.
Same here. He played pretty well his time in there and was really active.

But I’m nervous when he has the ball.

I thought Collins played well. Got a steal, rebounded, and held down the fort for Oscar.
He brought instant energy and activity and had 3 or 4 immedaite hustle plays that lead to possessions for us a critical time. Cal kept mentioning in pre-game the last 3 or 4 games that he was going to get him more minutes and i was beginning to wonder if he forgot that altogether.

Rims apparently really do suck there. Horrid shooting all around.
This isn't a joke. The stats coming out of Greensboro are putrid for all teams playing.

I bet had Puke been staged there, the rims would have been replaced with gold plated titanium.

Sorry, but that free throw that sat on the rim told me all I needed to know about those rims.

And unfortunately they do rip him way too much. He brings the ball way down which is such a bad habit especially at this point in his career.

That said he's still 100x better than ware. No idea why ware gets run at the 4. The only time we should ever see him is if Oscar needs some rest and the other squad has some big banger

This isn’t intended as a knock on Collins.

What struck me most about Oscar’s absence was how stagnant UKs offense became without him on the glass to provide second-chance opportunities. True, the Cats extended their lead, but they only managed to score four points in five minutes.

As for the rims, hopefully they’ll put KST’s guards at a disadvantage. It’d be great if Reeves had another big game.

What is this dueling old men? Hell, I remember when Rupp coached his first game at UK. I road my dads old mule all the way to Lexington to watch the game. I was attacked by Indians twice, and road agents near natural bridge. Took me 4 days to get to Lexington on that old mule. Someone stole my mule and I had to hike a ride back home with a family in a covered wagon.

I was expecting us to give up the lead when Oscar went to the bench. As others have pointed out, neither team scored much in that stretch. What Collins DID do was hold his own down low and didn't make any serious blunders. He had a couple times he struggled holding onto the ball, had a turnover and a tie up. But he also made plays to make up for those mess ups. It was a good sign for Collins and the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT