ADVERTISEMENT

Brea, Osobor, Robinson & Davis

Farsight

Junior
Nov 27, 2011
If we can land those 4 names in the title.... HOLY MOLY, our team will be super exciting next year.

Davis is a PG or SG? Or a CG?

I think Butler is our only true PG? Perry could play PG? But Perry is definitely a SG.

Do you think those are the 4 we need to finish the roster?

Ososbor is out. He is not coming according to Jeff Goodman.

If these kids that Coach Pope has made clear we want aren’t putting a UK offer above any other, time to move on and we have by bringing in a former McDonalds All-American with 3 years of eligibility left!!!

The name on the FRONT of the jersey is now the MOST important thing!!

Go get the kids that WANT to be here Coach Pope!!

Norlander and this dude disagree with Goodman. Norlander just says TBD. This dude says we're still good. Great is still on campus, too. Lots going on right now, and I personally don't see Osobor as out as of this moment. In a fast system like Pope's, you have to get big bigs breathers and rotate them. That's a lot of minutes. Davis needed Vargas and KAT needed Dakari.

No way we get Robinson & Davis. They can play the 2 and 3 and that’d be awesome, but it’s just not gonna happen. With three bigs it’s looking crowded, but Osobor maybe steps in and is the best of the 4, so maybe it doesn’t matter. Feels like it does though right?

Seems like the Brea vibes are great right now, but the vibes were all “Brea to UConn” just a few days ago, so I’m far from counting him in right now. Getting Brea wouldn’t necessarily preclude us from landing either Robinson or Davis, but it makes it less likely. Robinson would obviously be more likely in that scenario, if his loyalty is 100% to CMP.

Where was Goodman with the Garrison commit news? GTFO Marbles
98XRo5b.png

No way we get Robinson & Davis. They can play the 2 and 3 and that’d be awesome, but it’s just not gonna happen. With three bigs it’s looking crowded, but Osobor maybe steps in and is the best of the 4, so maybe it doesn’t matter. Feels like it does though right?

Seems like the Brea vibes are great right now, but the vibes were all “Brea to UConn” just a few days ago, so I’m far from counting him in right now. Getting Brea wouldn’t necessarily preclude us from landing either Robinson or Davis, but it makes it less likely. Robinson would obviously be more likely in that scenario, if his loyalty is 100% to CMP.
Best case scenario is Ivy-curry, brea and Robinson

If we can land those 4 names in the title.... HOLY MOLY, our team will be super exciting next year.

Davis is a PG or SG? Or a CG?

I think Butler is our only true PG? Perry could play PG? But Perry is definitely a SG.

Do you think those are the 4 we need to finish the roster?

I've been keeping up pretty well with potential transfers from the portal, but I may have had a brain lapse (or maybe just blinked with the portal traffic)... who are Davis & Robinson?

If he still on campus, than Goodman is speculating, I guess he thinks the Garrison commit will scare Osobor off.

Garrison has 3 years left. That is the exciting part, and ccc lost out
1900 players hit the portal this year. Expecting Player retention is a thing of the past in this sport. Don't get your hopes up, man. He'll likely transfer 2-3 more times.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
Jaxon Robinson played for Pope at BYU.

wow... yep, brain lapse b/c he's actually one I've been hoping would join, so I can't believe I completely forgot him.

Is the Davis still referring to Johnell Davis or someone else? He's been off my radar b/c I kinda assumed he was probably headed elsewhere.

wow... yep, brain lapse b/c he's actually one I've been hoping would join, so I can't believe I completely forgot him.

Is the Davis still referring to Johnell Davis or someone else? He's been off my radar b/c I kinda assumed he was probably headed elsewhere.
He's a pretty heavy Arky lean, FTR.

Ososbor is out. He is not coming according to Jeff Goodman.

If these kids that Coach Pope has made clear we want aren’t putting a UK offer above any other, time to move on and we have by bringing in a former McDonalds All-American with 3 years of eligibility left!!!

The name on the FRONT of the jersey is now the MOST important thing!!

Go get the kids that WANT to be here Coach Pope!!
Cat Ben really like most of your posts but disagree a little with this one.

Yes, we definitely desire players who want to be here and it seems that CMP is making that a priority in his recruiting. Playing for the team first and individual accomplishments second. If a player does that not only is the team better but the player gets better, see UConn.

However, both CMP and the players he is recruiting have to be comfortable with each other and that may take some time as in Osobor’s case. I don’t think that because he has yet to commit, he does not want to be here. He seems to be a mature young man who wants his parents to go with him on his recruiting trips to help him decide his next destination. From all I can gather, he would be an outstanding fit in the offense and would meet our needs at the 4 spot. If Osboro goes on his remaining 3 visits it will probably be a few weeks before he makes a decision and Coach Pope may have already selected someone else. My money today would be on Washington as his coach at both Montana State and Utah State is now the head coach there. CMP, I am sure, has several other players that are on his Big Board and he may regard these options as better fits. Would like to see Big O in blue, but I trust our new head coach’s decision in this situation

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT