ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

A little trivia. Old time actor from 40s, 50s, and 60s who played many characters with a stuttering manner, Shug Fisher, was a member of the Sons of the Pioneers. As was Festus....Ken Curtis
ScreenHunter_110_Jul_28_16_45.jpg
6ac706ffbee39fab60835c7b11a5db25.jpg

Both played in John Wayne movies. I remember Shug in The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance, and Ken played in several, The Searchers, Rio Grande, The Horse Soldiers, and another couple. Both were good actors.

I just had a long conversation with a first cousin who lives in Lebanon, TN. He is 80 years old and remembers the days after WWII, thinking about the Germany Nazi's and how they were able to kill millions of people. And do it so easy. Just line them up, put them on a train and to the gas chambers. Like most of us he said this can never happen in America. Americans will not allow their government to pass laws to limit their freedoms. And now we have someone telling you to stay at home and not have more than X amount of people in your house for Thanksgiving. What ???? And people fall right in line

I just had a long conversation with a first cousin who lives in Lebanon, TN. He is 80 years old and remembers the days after WWII, thinking about the Germany Nazi's and how they were able to kill millions of people. And do it so easy. Just line them up, put them on a train and to the gas chambers. Like most of us he said this can never happen in America. Americans will not allow their government to pass laws to limit their freedoms. And now we have someone telling you to stay at home and not have more than X amount of people in your house for Thanksgiving. What ???? And people fall right in line
The founding fathers understood the evils of tyrannical corruption very well and also understood that given a choice the people would likely choose Barabbas. Accordingly, the constitution simply gives the power back to the people. Better than civil war or worse chopping off heads. Are we smarter than the mob? Probably not. We don't need to be. Not so ignorant will work fine. Follow the rule of law and the truth will set us free. In GOD We Trust!

Good Morning D

We have a cool 54º down here with no active alerts in the Gulf. Nice and sunny with 1% chance of rain as we top out at 77º in mid afternoon. This is "off day" for me with nothing on my calendar so I will take it easy and limit myself to a nice walk and going through stuff in the garage.

I saw my primary doctor yesterday. We went over the surgeries I had in the past couple of months and he said he had never seen so much hardware in one person. Oh well. He gave me good advice on how to live on one kidney. Certain foods to stay away from, etc. Overall, the physical went very well and I don't have to go back until next May for a 6 month. Feeling good.

Take care all. And let the good Lord take a likin' to you. Happy Trails.

You approaching six million dollar man status yet?

Old man Rupp was younger than Sawnee, Don and myself are now when he died. Gulp.
Yes he was. And so are a lot and I mean a lot of my childhood buddies. Going to their funerals brings home reality. Looking at my immediate family to include cousins, etc. I am the second oldest on both sides of the family. Each with a cousin older than me. I have one aunt by marriage who is in her late 90's. I expect she will live to be a 100 and she still lives alone.

The crazy thing is I feel good and life is as pleasant today as it was 25 years ago. Maybe more in some ways. But we will face our maker someday and that day gets closer with every tick on the clock. So I will serve the Lord and be thankful for every second he gives me on earth as he prepares my eternal home.

Both played in John Wayne movies. I remember Shug in The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance, and Ken played in several, The Searchers, Rio Grande, The Horse Soldiers, and another couple. Both were good actors.
I know another one from the Republic-produced Westerns, Roy Barcroft, the guy that every kid knew was the bad guy.

Yes he was. And so are a lot and I mean a lot of my childhood buddies. Going to their funerals brings home reality. Looking at my immediate family to include cousins, etc. I am the second oldest on both sides of the family. Each with a cousin older than me. I have one aunt by marriage who is in her late 90's. I expect she will live to be a 100 and she still lives alone.

The crazy thing is I feel good and life is as pleasant today as it was 25 years ago. Maybe more in some ways. But we will face our maker someday and that day gets closer with every tick on the clock. So I will serve the Lord and be thankful for every second he gives me on earth as he prepares my eternal home.
I have an Uncle and Aunt that are 95 & 92. God, bless them.

Killing all of those people like they did was so evil.

Glad to see D-League cooking along. I took some time away from this board, just real busy and mostly stuck in the house so not much to say. Just got back from a trip to the Bluegrass, seeing my son in Lexington and my parents in siblings in the small town where I was raised.

Hope it is okay to drop in from time to time. Good to see all the familiar folks doing well.

That young man still moving stuff?
Rooster, you have a terrific memory. He is, all over central and western Kentucky, and he took a second job as a warehouse hand. We can't get him to stop working to come home for Thanksgiving, but he'll be here over the weekend. He gets more satisfaction out of accomplishing physical work that the more abstract classroom studies. I get that - I worked pipeline jobs in the summers when I was his age and preferred that to college classes.

He carries himself more like a young man and no longer like a boy now, which is good to see.

Glad to see D-League cooking along. I took some time away from this board, just real busy and mostly stuck in the house so not much to say. Just got back from a trip to the Bluegrass, seeing my son in Lexington and my parents in siblings in the small town where I was raised.

Hope it is okay to drop in from time to time. Good to see all the familiar folks doing well.

Welcome back, you were missed.

I was wondering just yesterday whatever happened to you. Unlike other threads, when someone disappears here, we have to wonder Hmmm, I wonder if he/she died.

We specialize here in "not much to say." We just make stuff up as we go.

Good Morning D

We have a cool 54º down here with no active alerts in the Gulf. Nice and sunny with 1% chance of rain as we top out at 77º in mid afternoon. This is "off day" for me with nothing on my calendar so I will take it easy and limit myself to a nice walk and going through stuff in the garage.

I saw my primary doctor yesterday. We went over the surgeries I had in the past couple of months and he said he had never seen so much hardware in one person. Oh well. He gave me good advice on how to live on one kidney. Certain foods to stay away from, etc. Overall, the physical went very well and I don't have to go back until next May for a 6 month. Feeling good.

Take care all. And let the good Lord take a likin' to you. Happy Trails.

"Murphy, It's You"

Good Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving

We have a foggy 59º down here with no active alerts in the Gulf. The sun will remove the fog by 11:00 AM and sun shine will take over with 1% chance of rain. Our high should be 81º in mid afternoon.

This is traditionally a getting ready for tomorrow day with pies baking and preparations started for the big meal. A trip to the store is usually in order. We will have a traditional Thanksgiving with our house open to all. I can't believe I am saying traditional Thanksgiving, what other kind of Thanksgiving is there? It is a day of thanks. I am most thankful to live in a state that still believes that. Maybe the nation has gone berserk but not everybody or state has.

Trust all are well and I too want to welcome MdWildcat55 back home. You can holster your weapon over here and sit back with a cold one.

We have a foggy 59º down here with no active alerts in the Gulf. The sun will remove the fog by 11:00 AM and sun shine will take over with 1% chance of rain. Our high should be 81º in mid afternoon.

This is traditionally a getting ready for tomorrow day with pies baking and preparations started for the big meal. A trip to the store is usually in order. We will have a traditional Thanksgiving with our house open to all. I can't believe I am saying traditional Thanksgiving, what other kind of Thanksgiving is there? It is a day of thanks. I am most thankful to live in a state that still believes that. Maybe the nation has gone berserk but not everybody or state has.

Trust all are well and I too want to welcome MdWildcat55 back home. You can holster your weapon over here and sit back with a cold one.
Same for today, preparation day. Honey-do list is long for me but, keeps my mind off of other things.

Thanks for the welcome, Sawnee. I've missed the wit, wisdom and even some of the nonsense that can be found here. I hope to contribute, mostly to that last category.

I thought that you were one of the regulars?

Morning folks. It is a windy rainy day here with a current temp of 57.6°F topping out at 65°.

My son's family are coming in tonight. We may end up with 8 folks, possibly 9. Maybe Kentucky's power hungry governor, Andy, will not put us in jail.

You all have a great Thanksgiving. And please remember that Jamestown, VA was settled by the English 13 years before Plymouth Rock by the Pilgrims. Don't take the Yankee propaganda.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT