ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning, the D. Looked like both the Vols and the Cats just played average at best last night.

My piece of advice for the day. DON’T try to do wedding plans AND retirement at the same time! Getting married April 13. Retiring May 1. Just ain’t enough hours in the day for both.

I have also learned that sure, the bride is responsible for the nuptials planning. And to her credit, she did just that. So why is the groom (me) spending 3 times as much as Future Mrs Ghost? I’m glad you asked. Reception (venue, food, open bar) is on me. Honeymoon is on me. My siblings are coming down for the wedding and I’m prepaying their hotel stay to lock in the reservation. I might get repaid half of it knowing them!

But seeing that look of happiness on her face makes it worth every cent.

Congrats on both upcoming marriage and retirement. Hope you get to travel some with the new bride. Never-ending honeymoon. :smiley:

Congrats on both upcoming marriage and retirement. Hope you get to travel some with the new bride. Never-ending honeymoon. :smiley:
That’s why I’m retiring after we get married. We want to travel to the ‘good’ places (Hawaii, Venice, South Beach, etc) while we’re relatively young enough to enjoy it. Since her grands have adopted me as their Papa Tee, they’re going to take some trips with us too during their summer breaks.

DSC63731.jpg

Morning, the D. Looked like both the Vols and the Cats just played average at best last night.

My piece of advice for the day. DON’T try to do wedding plans AND retirement at the same time! Getting married April 13. Retiring May 1. Just ain’t enough hours in the day for both.

I have also learned that sure, the bride is responsible for the nuptials planning. And to her credit, she did just that. So why is the groom (me) spending 3 times as much as Future Mrs Ghost? I’m glad you asked. Reception (venue, food, open bar) is on me. Honeymoon is on me. My siblings are coming down for the wedding and I’m prepaying their hotel stay to lock in the reservation. I might get repaid half of it knowing them!

Congrats Ghost.

Good luck! Just remember to always say "yes dear".

That’s why I’m retiring after we get married. We want to travel to the ‘good’ places (Hawaii, Venice, South Beach, etc) while we’re relatively young enough to enjoy it. Since her grands have adopted me as their Papa Tee, they’re going to take some trips with us too during their summer breaks.

If you decide to go to Hawaii, I can give you some tips. Been there 4 times, and stayed almost all of last Jan-Feb. First tip, take lots of cash.

Heading out to pick up a suit that I had to have altered to fit my smaller body. $80 but it's worth it. I've got one more there that will be done in March sometime. They're going on vacation for a few weeks and worked this one in for me.

I put it on for her to measure the adjustments and she touched it and said "that very nice material, very nice". I told her it was merino wool. She said " I know ". I said "I guess you would wouldn't you?" And then a beautiful thing happened. We both laughed and even though she was laughing in Korean and I was laughing in English, we both understood each other perfectly! A Readers Digest moment for sure.

She should have thrown in a manicure.

The drawbacks of not marrying a never-married (they won't cough up for two or more) young woman whose parents can pay for the wedding

Weird work day. The news about my retirement is out, so I have been holding court pretty much all day. Damn near everybody is happy for me/envious as hell.

Most memorable thing? Miss Prioleau (housekeeper) just hugged me and broke down in tears. “Please do some traveling for me. I’m so glad someone I know can retire for the right reason and still have their health to enjoy not having to work.”

Heck, I damn near cried after hearing that!

Weird work day. The news about my retirement is out, so I have been holding court pretty much all day. Damn near everybody is happy for me/envious as hell.

Most memorable thing? Miss Prioleau (housekeeper) just hugged me and broke down in tears. “Please do some traveling for me. I’m so glad someone I know can retire for the right reason and still have their health to enjoy not having to work.”

Heck, I damn near cried after hearing that!

Have a heart. Take her with you.

My wife is going to N. Car. to visit with her family in mid May for about 9 days. I'll stay here and hold down the fort. Anyway, I was asking about the day she'd be coming back and she started telling me that I would have to stay close to feed the cats. She then said that me and a friend could party here all we want and I told her that he wouldn't be able to party here while she was gone. When she asked why, I told her that his wife wouldn't let him hang out here with a bunch of wild women.

She didn't even bat an eye. :( I thought it was a pretty good joke.

What a wonderful night of college basketball! I didn't watch any of it but kept up on the computer. Listening to the Eaves show yesterday and there was no way they were losing to Syracuse. [laughing]

Saw the video of Zion. His shoe blew out on the entire side and his foot went right through the gaping hole. Looked like he sprained his right knee. At least. Didn't look like it bent enough to tear it up.

Duke might fall to 2 after that massive home loss and we'll be put back to 5 to make room for UNC at 3.

UPDATE: It is a great night. UL loses by 20 and Florida takes down LSU. Now if UNC can beat Duke. Meh, who cares. The selection committee will make sure the Dukies get a #1 seed regardless. Plus I just can't pull for UNC. Can't do it.
Yeah, unfortunately Duke ([poop]) will get a number one and UNC will too for beating them.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 50°F and calm. Spotty light rain. Expecting low 60s later today.

Huge basketball games last night. Wow, Gators upset LSU. Duke is a different team without Williamson.

On the home front, I may fly to Nashville and back this weekend for a funeral. A buddy I served with over in the desert passed away yesterday. We'll see.

At any rate, we'll check back later. Y'all behave.

This may be medically impossible but I swear we have taken turns giving each other the same cold since November.
With the inherent mutagenic nature of the rhinovirus, I expect you are correct. It's not exactly the same cold but likely a descendant. Your immune system acts to destroy the viral infection. A relatively few genetic variants (mutants) survive then reinfect via the moist droplets associated with coughing & sneezing.

I'm sitting next to my wife in bed watching television and she is coughing and sniffling, obviously fighting a cold. This may be medically impossible but I swear we have taken turns giving each other the same cold since November. I guess it is my turn.

At this point, I would consider separate beds for a week and try to break the cycle. Enough is enough.

Good morning D. Great hoops last night. Glad to hear the relatively good news on Reid Travis. The Cats might take a loss adjusting to his absence and I hate that but the extra work for Nick and EJ could be crucial in March.

Have a great day and stay warm.
If he is not 100% in the next two weeks I hope they keep him out and not take the chance of re-injury before the NCAA and moreover for his NBA hopes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT