ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Anatolian is our other possibility or a mix with GP/ANATOLIAN. We'll see
The monster is pictured below. She is over 120lbs now and will probably stay where she is at as she will be 2 years old in March.

Resized-20211208-162523.jpg

20211119-123055.jpg

Last edited:
That dog's got good eyes. She's a goodun...
She is a very attentive dog. Whenever we go walking, she loves to smell the smells along the way but will look up at me after we have stopped to let her smell to let me know she sees me and is ready to continue walking. She also recognizes at this point if something is different along our path. When Christmas decorations went up, she actually stopped at the houses that were heavily decorated and looked at almost every front yard display. She surprised me with that.

I won't answer on the movie since I looked it up, but it is often attributed to former Dodger pitcher Preacher Roe after being knocked out of a game in the second inning.
The one I was quoting is from Gardens of Stone with James Earl Jones and James Caan. Could not find that specific quote but, here is a good piece of film from the movie.

Almost can't stomach it after that last post of mine but....

thumb_hey-grandpa-whats-for-supper-hey-grandpa-whats-for-supper-52911463.png

Bebimbap...

Turnips, carrots, bean sprouts, spinach, egg noodles, rice (underneath), a little hot sauce, and some sesame seed oil, topped with sesame seeds. (And a small porkchop on the side...)

324417543_621758609958932_3592397516995189003_n.jpg

Mix it all up and..................................Yum, yum...

I'll try another. This is looking at the house. The front porch that the earlier bear was on is barely visible...not the little entrance that you can see. Directly above the bear's ears is my driveway. Have I told you all I live in the mountains. One of Dad's favorite lines is "I can see his backyard looking out the skylight".

20017580_10203533200767652_620165185903603092_o.jpg
Hard to tell, but is that a triplewide?

37th anniversary of the first inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Gotta question if some of these performers were actually Rock and Roll. All great in their own right.

Chuck Berry, James Brown, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke, Fats Domino, the Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Little Richard, Robert Johnson, Jimmie Rodgers, Jimmy Yancey, John Hammond, Alan Freed, Sam Phillips.
Yea every time I hear Rock and Roll Hall of Fame I ask myself why it isn't called the Music Hall of Fame.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 47°F and lightly raining. Could become heavier according to weatherman just now. We may see a high of 58°F. Always need rain around here.

Watched Duke at Va Tech and Kansas vs Baylor last night. How the mighty have fallen. Both Duke and KU have stud players, but not ready for prime time. KU seemed out of sync on execution. Baylor blocked 9 KU shots. Having said that, I'm sure we're looking forward to a great game. Never count out Bill Self's teams when Jayhawks visit Lexington. He's 7-6 vs UK and I believe 2-2 at Rupp.

Working on a few things today. Plan on walking after a light upper-body workout.

Wishing all you fine gents an awesome day.

national-peanut-butter-day.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

40° this morning with light rain starting out turning into a wintery mix around 0900 then to snow for the rest of the day. 1-3 inches expected or 3-5 inches expected depending on what weather channel/app I view. The weather channel online bounced around those numbers above yesterday and had another prediction of 5-8 inches just before I went to bed. Now back to 1-3 inches, we will see.

Should have saved cleaning the house for today. Dusted, vacuumed, and generally cleaned yesterday. Oh well, I will just have to settle in for a long winters nap after the morning workout to prepare for the game tonight.

Prayers for those hurting and healing this morning and for the safety of those traveling either to work or just out and about.

God Bless.

Good morning D-League.

Good night of hoops for Cat fans with Duke and the Jailhawks losing.

As for that “bear” quote, I don’t have time to go back and watch it, but I think it might have been used in the early 1970s movie Jeremiah Johnson —the old grizzled mountain man played by Will Geer giving Robert Redford’s “pilgrim” some advice.

The other thing it reminded me of: When I was 18 and traveled to Anchorage by way of making my way to a pipeline camp in the Copper River Valley, we were required to do one day of “orientation” before bused to the camps. One thing they showed us was a long video of Ranger footage taken from the scene of Grizzly Bear attacks. Lawd, a big bear can make a mess of a human. It certainly made the point: don’t mess with the bears.

I’ve followed that advice ever since. Hope you D-Leaguers stay safe.

Movie quote: "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you".

Anyone know?
I don't know that one. But, while visiting Kodiak, AK my uncle (Mom is originally from there) took me to see the bear biologist. My uncle is one of 2 UPS drivers on the island and knows everyone. During our conversation with the biologist he told me of the story of the lunatic (and his girlfriend) that lived with the bears on island. Biologist said that the guy (can't remember his name) stated that his goal in life is to become bear sh**. The biologist held up his hands a couple of feet apart and said "He came that close to reaching his goal".

Last edited:
Hard to tell, but is that a triplewide?
No. It's the smallest double wide we could get in order to get it where it sits. I couldn't watch. It took a dozer to get it up there. That's where my wife wanted (on her family property) so that's where we are. Our landlord at the time decided to sell our rented house and we had to get out fairly quick. But, it has additions on 3 sides and is now much bigger than we need (no kids/grandkids).

Good Morning D

Just came inside and we have a perfect weather day today. It is 60° and will hit 78° by this afternoon. Plenty of sunshine with a brisk breeze off of the Gulf. Very pleasant and a nice day to be outside.

We finished up War and Remembrance last night. It is a powerful miniseries. The first miniseries was Winds of War. Both have about a dozen episodes that last approximately 2 hours each episode. It is a series that will keep your eyes glued to the screen the entire time. Never Forget.

I trust all are well.

Last edited:
Highly restrictive gun laws for law abiding citizens? Gun free zones? Obama's fast and furious? The land of tolerance? Cali seceding from reality? Everybody wants to be a star?
For the first time in my lifetime, that I can recall, Californians are in our area of the state. We are a long way for someone to just pull up stakes and move their business and family.

I have talked to several transplant Californians and they have horror stories to tell. Most of the new comers are in the medical field and a few are starting their small business back up. They closed the doors in California and left for good.

They say even the Beverly Hillbillies have left and returned to the South. I have two cousins in that group. :) They both moved out to California during the 60's and raised their families there. Later my aunt and uncle retired to the area, metro Los Angeles. The aunt and uncle are dead and the two boys just couldn't handle it anymore. Their businesses were looted, robbed and the cost of living outrageous. One went to Mississippi and the other went to Tennessee. Both are happy now.

For the first time in my lifetime, that I can recall, Californians are in our area of the state. We are a long way for someone to just pull up stakes and move their business and family.

I have talked to several transplant Californians and they have horror stories to tell. Most of the new comers are in the medical field and a few are starting their small business back up. They closed the doors in California and left for good.

They say even the Beverly Hillbillies have left and returned to the South. I have two cousins in that group. :) They both moved out to California during the 60's and raised their families there. Later my aunt and uncle retired to the area, metro Los Angeles. The aunt and uncle are dead and the two boys just couldn't handle it anymore. Their businesses were looted, robbed and the cost of living outrageous. One went to Mississippi and the other went to Tennessee. Both are happy now.
They're trying to pass another wealth tax on the filthy rich in California but it's not just for residents. It will also be for those that have fled to other states to get away. Handcuffed even if you've lived in Florida for years.

That last line made me think of the "happy cows" ad that used to run on TV. Those cows were on heroin, crack, and weed, and we all knew it. The only happy California cows are now transplants. The ones still in Cali were long ago labeled domestic terrormists.

Only thing I can see is you mowing. Is there another animal I'm missing?
No....just me mowing. I usually use the weedeater on the hill, but was testing the bear. It stayed the entire time I mowed and I'm about 25-30 yards away in the pic. At this point I decided to take up the feeder. I figured that little bear would cause problems when it got bigger.

BTW, a fella I know (realtor) was visiting one of my properties. I was looking for someone to landscape the place and there was a crew next door. We started talking to them and turns out one of them mentioned he was from California. Moved to KY and was looking for a house.

After talking about all of the problems in Cali, my friend, even though he knew he might lose a customer, looked at him and said, "I hope you're not bringing to KY the (paraphrased) liberal politics you ran from there." EVERYbody but that man had a good laugh at that. The man just looked down at the trailer in front of him. No home sale for my friend, but he said it was definitely worth it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT