ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Saturday morning.

My coffee is extra good this morning. We are waking up to a nice day with a temperature of 68° and Wind ENE at 6 mph They say a cold front is on the way so it should produce a pleasant breeze. Our high will be 84° by midafternoon. Chances of rain are 4% and the sun will be full and bright until about 7:00 PM. A good day to be outdoors or to play some football.

So everybody fire up the grill and let's do it. We need to put one on South Carolina and kick the season off 4-0. I trust all have a nice day and prayers for those who need a lift in spirits and health

game+day.jpg

Good letter by Sheriff Berl Perdue and my hat is off to him for naming names and putting it on paper. The most foolish of fools understands for a society to function you must have strong leadership at the top. Politicians are responsible for law and order in our streets. It is there job to make sure law enforcement is enforcing the laws and if the law officers are doing their job to support them 100%. That is why it is important to vote wisely.

Good afternoon! I slept right through the morning for some reason. Went to sleep around 0000 and woke up at 0430 to go to the bathroom. Read the web until 0600 and went back to sleep until 1256.

That's a lot of snooze!

I anticipated a lazy weekend but I had no idea I would get off to such a wonderful start.

Happy Gameday! Go Cats!

Good afternoon! I slept right through the morning for some reason. Went to sleep around 0000 and woke up at 0430 to go to the bathroom. Read the web until 0600 and went back to sleep until 1256.

That's a lot of snooze!

I anticipated a lazy weekend but I had no idea I would get off to such a wonderful start.

Happy Gameday! Go Cats!
Kick off is 7:00 EST. That is the only time I am concerned with today. I am taking my IPad to the pool and watching some football.

Oh the man on the TV told me I better be worried about Climate Change. I did not know that. Right now all I have is South Carolina Gamecocks on my mind.

Howdy D-Leaguers. Resting my gimpy knee after a long run. Channel surfing football. Nothing exciting right now. I’d like to see Wisconsin get it going against the “the biggest fraud in modern football” AKA Notre Dame. The game looks like it’s being played in 3/4 speed compared to the best of the SEC. And yet, ND will be ranked in the top ten afterward, barring the Badgers finding any offense better than a high school team.

Hope the Cats are focused tonight.

Kick off is 7:00 EST. That is the only time I am concerned with today. I am taking my IPad to the pool and watching some football.

Oh the man on the TV told me I better be worried about Climate Change. I did not know that. Right now all I have is South Carolina Gamecocks on my mind.
Climate change? Well, at least around here it's 77 degrees and bright sunshine right now. I'll take that kind of climate any time.

Afternoon all. Got a lot of things done today...hence no posts. But, sorry to say, keeping up...cleaning up....keeping the ship upright and on course is more important. Or....maybe not. Hey, I'm a bachelor for 6 weeks I should have my Saturday like bertfan.

Is it just me. Getting old, stuffy, etc......or are the fans at college f'ball games (especially the students) total phonies these days? Back when I went to games (UK, UGA, Falcons)...some were die-hard fans, some just went because it was the thing to do, some knew the game...others didn't. Today when you watch these games these college kids ALL act so over the top. Including the females. Anyone remember coeds acting like this at a game back in the day? I know a lot, or most, is to be on TV. Have the camera show them, etc. Kind of like the younger generation with their 'likes'.

Rant over. Carry on with your Saturday afternoon.

Perhaps after we adjust the climate to our liking, we can start to do something about these pesky earthquakes and volcanoes. We're humans! The most powerful and significant force in the universe! It's 2021 and ridiculous that we continue to allow the Earth to act however it feels at the moment.

Man up? No. Human up!

Howdy D-Leaguers. Resting my gimpy knee after a long run. Channel surfing football. Nothing exciting right now. I’d like to see Wisconsin get it going against the “the biggest fraud in modern football” AKA Notre Dame. The game looks like it’s being played in 3/4 speed compared to the best of the SEC. And yet, ND will be ranked in the top ten afterward, barring the Badgers finding any offense better than a high school team.

Hope the Cats are focused tonight.

I am neutral about ND. Pretty good game until WI fell to pieces. It was good to see a 3rd string qbqck forced into the game and take it over so well like he did though.

Brian Kelly broke Knute Rockne's record for winning the most games at ND. Asked how he would be remembered he said he would be remembered as the coach who won the most games but who had not won a national championship.

Last edited:
I am neutral about ND. Pretty good game until WI fell to pieces. It was good to see a 3rd string qbqck forced into the game and take it over so well like he did though.

Brian Kelly broke Knute Rockne's record for winning the most games at ND. Asked how he would be remembered he said he would be remembered as the coach who won the most games but who had not won a national championship.
He’ll be remembered as the coach who lost every significant bowl game ND played during his tenure, most in blow outs, at least based on results so far.

My brother absolutely hates ND. He's a B1G guy all the way. Still remember Woody Hayes sitting in our living room (doctor advised my bro not to play college ball due to knee and kidney injuries...and he was right...had major kidney surgery and has both knees replaced.) He's not as anti-SEC as he used to be. Kind of coming around...probably because we've gotten closer over the years...and being a football guy and very knowledgable of it...he knows that SEC football is the best. Just hard for him to admit it.

I hate Notre Dame

Kelly is behind Notre Dame's Knute Rockne, Ara Parseghian , and Frank Leahy who all won National Championships

Last edited:
I hate Notre Dame

Kelly is behind Notre Dame's Knute Rockne, Ara Parseghian , and Frank Leahy who all won National Championships
I’m with you Sawnee. Their fans are as obnoxious as Hoosiers - with about the same level of irrationality to it. IU - last championship 1987. ND - last championship 1988. Neither program has won anything significant since Ronald Reagan was prez.

I’m with you Sawnee. Their fans are as obnoxious as Hoosiers - with about the same level of irrationality to it. IU - last championship 1987. ND - last championship 1988. Neither program has won anything significant since Ronald Reagan was prez.
I like them just because I like catholics, a Southern Babdist like me needs all the christian friends he can get these days. Even heretics and I just love Father James Altman. And football being a tribal game creates the fandom.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT